It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The trek continues!

<span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span>, a tactical ship combat simulator, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span> is a tactical management and combat simulator played on a 2D plane, and inspired by the fan-favorite "Star Fleet Battles" board game. It's widely considered to be one of the best Star Trek games ever produced. Your story is just beginning, as a captain in the Star Trek universe you'll get to choose your allegiance from the Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Gorn, Hydran, or Lyran fleets and board your unique ship. Your 30 year career awaits. <span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span> isn't just about combat - it's also about managing your massive Starship's resources and power to ensure survival, and maximum performance when it's time to do business. Do good work, and you'll be rewarded with the funds and crew to tackle increasingly more difficult challenges in increasingly more awesome ships. Thanks to the random "Dynaverse" generator every captain's story will be new and different - this is your chance to create your very own piece of Star Trek history.

Usher in a golden age of Star Trek gaming with <span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Breja: More Star Trek is always good, but I never really got into Starfleet Command. Bridge Commander was much more to my liking.
JaPan: Bridge Commander was good, especially with MODs. However the game still felt like a Bridge Visitor. Everything was done by Saffi Larsen. To such extent that I really wanted to put her out of the airlock sometimes :-)
lol, I don't think anybody really likes Larsen. She's kind of a tool. Can't remember if there's mods to replace her. It'd be nice if there were. A legit version of BC with Kobayashi Maru installed. BC was one of the first PC games I played, and being a big Star Trek fan, I was in Nirvana with all the ships. We were playing the game multiplayer in computer class in high school and the teacher had a hacked ship. So the rest of us changed to shuttles and rammed him until he died. He didn't like that very much, lol.
I'm a huge Trek fan, but I've only played a demo of this one. So another game is added to my "must buy" list.
Trek titles are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks GOG and Interplay.
johnnygoging: awwwwww sheeeeyit.

massive chalice followed by massive release.

good game, this. the sequel is even better and I really enjoyed the third game even though most people will lament that it dumbed the series down. great series, great game.
Ixamyakxim: Woohoo! It's funny, just a week or so ago and I was talking about really reaching for a couple birds in the bush, because I was holding out gaming time just hoping this one would show up. Based on your comments, I'm tempted to totally look this gift horse in the mouth and go for the sequel... what makes it better? Care to give a bit of an impression rundown?
it's been a long time now and I had much more experience with the sequel than with this game. there isn't a huge load of difference. the series was very much based off of the first game and what they built for it there. the second was largely a refinement, but it did bring solid improvement. it's kind of like the situation with diablo 1 and diablo 2 but not to that degree.

the first wasn't balanced as well as the second game. missiles were fairly OP in that first game. also, certain parts of the game were finicky and required micromanagement that did not in the second. in a game where it's all micromanagement, this is saying something. but even so, it was a fantastic game. I don't want to put you off it because like I said, the games are very similar and it isn't quite the delta that was between Diablo 1 and 2.

the original did also have some things the sequel didn't. the original had more skirmish modes and the campaign map was individualized to each race. this level of differentiation started to disappear as the series went on with II having a shared campaign map and III having a generic shared combat UI as well. there is also a different campaign in this one from the second game.
blakstar: It's definitely not turn-based, but, as I recall, many of the battles were actually quite sedate, given that you're controlling large starships, instead of little fighters.
tinyE: Really?

Gotta have.

I was going to dedicate my day to work but screw it, those people can find their own room.
The combat is pausable realtime. You can pause and give orders to all of your ships and instruments. And then unpause and see the results.
Ric-82: There was also:
Star Trek Pinball ( [url=http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Pinball_(Interplay]http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Pinball_(Interplay[/url]) )
Aaah, totally forgot about that :)

Some gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4gdExrYaA

And the music :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjPe4wHiAY
Post edited June 02, 2015 by opeter3
Sweet! Will purchase when it goes on sale (as usual)...

Thanks GOG!
fronzelneekburm: It's not a point-n-click and it's not an FPS, so I don't feel the urge to instabuy it. Phew, dodged that bullet.

Looks like it's down to Mickey Mouse, Warner and Hervé Caen to put the O back in GOG. What happened to all the other majors?

That one wasn't an Interplay game, it was released by Activision. So good fucking luck getting it here! :(
JudasIscariot: Remember the two facts of old games:

1. If it's not here, it's too broken to make it work.

2. If it's not here, it means that there is a Gordian knot of legal issues.

Those two facts should cover every question regarding the status of any old game :)
Or 3, you don't have a distribution relationship with the license holder (example: Doom, Fallout)
Some games are so exciting to me the price simply doesn't matter...this is one of them!

Bought it right away!

Thanks for more Star Trek! I'm as impulsive with anything Star Trek as much as I am for Star Wars and most RPG's ;)

Can't wait to see more!
Post edited June 02, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
Don't forgot GOG is now buying game rights and publishing themselves, so that provides a little extra hope for Activision games (assuming Activision is willing to sell).
Must ... have ... Elite Force games...
GOG.com: The trek continues!

<span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span>, a tactical ship combat simulator, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com!
available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Very Awesome Gog! I have working copies on disc, where I had to find a nearly deserted forum (not really it was well populated) of fans who had proper keys to make this work on my system as the last batch of published keys do not asuthenticate! (my copy of armada had similar issues, but was fixed through "official" company channels) I have guarded that key with my digital best and love that the game runs fine on my now pretty old (then new) rig!

HOWEVER:

in hopes that Klingon Academy is somehow someway on its way, along with some other 14 degree east masterpieces, I am BUYING THIS VERSION and will retire my disc version. (Cool manual though, really thick box, so I am keeping that part out) any more of this and I will buy the others as these ARE Great Old Games!

Thanks Gog for pursuing this one and bringing it back to the masses!
Nice to see this game come along. Bunch of new Star Trek games on my wishlist. Now to just wait for a sale, since I still have that backlog of Star Wars game to go through yet.
tfishell: Don't forgot GOG is now buying game rights and publishing themselves, so that provides a little extra hope for Activision games (assuming Activision is willing to sell).
They are? Which ones?
tfishell: Don't forgot GOG is now buying game rights and publishing themselves, so that provides a little extra hope for Activision games (assuming Activision is willing to sell).
Reever: They are? Which ones?
Fantasy and Pacific General, for a start :)