It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I guess I'll always be.

Soldier of Fortune, Soldier of Fortune II and Soldier of Fortune: Payback are now available DRM-free, only on GOG.com. Get all three games together for a 15% series discount.

The acclaimed FPS series returns!
In the first two entries, you'll take the role of John Mullins, a mercenary who possesses a very particular set of skills, skills that make him a nightmare to bad guys around the world. Take out terrorists and stop their nefarious plans in the games that helped pioneer body region damage when hurting enemy sprites.
The third game in the series puts you in the shoes of Thomas Mason, a freelance mercenary going up against an enemy that can only be tackled by those not afraid to get their hands dirty.
high rated
That's nice surprise, thanks, GOG.
Cool!

While I immediately grabbed the series, there are some definite mixed feelings.

Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix, released in May 2002, is one of my favorite all-time shooters for a couple of reasons - it had the right technology, landed at a time I could play loads of games, and was a total Raven Software game. Those guys were active on the forums, and dedicated to delivering the best experience. I loved JKII, and loved this one.

This is one of the few games I still have on CD, and have a laptop that I keep just to replay those few games every now and then.

I had gotten the original Soldier of Fortune game as a pack-in with a graphics card and had fun, but loaned out the disk after playing and never saw it again. Oh well - now a chance to replay.

Soldier of Fortune Payback ... blech. Not Raven, and just not a very good game. I’ll give it another shot. (I think I own this one on Steam).

Thanks GoG!
Shooty, shooty, boom, boom, thanks gog!
awesome! but here is the question.. do we germans get the censored version? If so then this is not really great news :/
Post edited October 01, 2018 by the_3rdplayer
I'd have been tempted but it's WAY too expensive, I'd have gotten the first one for like 2 or 3€, no more.
the_3rdplayer: awesome! but here is the question.. do we germans get the censored version? If so then this is not really great news :/
For starters - we Germans only get "Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix - Gold Edition".

The others can't be put into the cart.

Though it's already a progress, that we are allowed to see the games' pages. ;)
Great first game, the others not so much. A bit expensive too. My CD version didn't even cost this much when I bought it new.
Same as others have said, too pricey. Better off getting a disc copy for pennies and a nocd (which is all this is). Fun enough games, just way out of their price range.
This is great. Makes me hopeful for an eventual Heretic 2 release.
the_3rdplayer: awesome! but here is the question.. do we germans get the censored version? If so then this is not really great news :/
BreOl72: For starters - we Germans only get "Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix - Gold Edition".

The others can't be put into the cart.

Though it's already a progress, that we are allowed to see the games' pages. ;)
I remember a day where you could buy any game not matter in which country you lived. Even if certain games were banned in your country, you could still buy it from gog com. censorship wasnt even a thing. Everyone got the same release. Now we have censorship and regiolock.
It's sad, and even tho we can see the store page, its regression and angers me. But I understand that as a global company, they don't want to take the risks of handing out banned games.And I respect that.

So everyone else, enjoy the phenomenal first game! Its worth the price.
Post edited October 01, 2018 by the_3rdplayer
nightcraw1er.488: Same as others have said, too pricey. Better off getting a disc copy for pennies and a nocd (which is all this is). Fun enough games, just way out of their price range.
You dont even need to do that for SOF1 theres a Community Edition on Moddb, which is the full original game, just modified so it runs on modern machines with high resolutions. Its also free.
Thought this game would never see the light of day again, it's impressive that the licensing issue got sorted out or whatever was responsible for it not to be available until now!
Nice releases; i've only played the original SoF back then, but i have fond memories of it. Will buy as soon as i'm done with my recent purchase.
Nice work! The Vietcong series needs to be brought back next.