It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is now available DRM-free.
Life between myths. Lead your clan into legend or obscurity. Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is a storybook strategy game, immersing you in a land of old gods and magic.

Hundreds of small encounters build into an epic, multi-generational tale of survival and inter-clan alliances. Six Ages is the spiritual successor to acclaimed King of Dragon Pass, taking place thousands of years earlier in the same shared world of Glorantha. Part role-playing, part resource management, you'll always be making decisions with long-term consequences, for you and your clan.
For people trying on Windows 7.

Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit? It could work on one and not on the other.
Carradice: Finally! But wait... They do not support Windows 7? Are they serious???
randomuser.833: Why should they support an OS that is legacy in 3 month?
You would need to build of ressources for technical support for every OS you want to support and you have to test it on every OS you want to support.
And OS that is about to be brought to the graveyard by the company behind it in a few month does not worth the money or time for doing so.
Even more if this OS just can't deal with a lot of newer hardware at all.
They don 't have to support it, just say whether there's a specific reason why it can''t.

Problem is many users, as can be seen from this thread, don't understand what "Minimum specs", means.
Minimum specs, are only about what the devs will support, and are a legally binding promise of that support.
They have nothing to do with whether a game can, and/or will run on unsupported hardware, or OS.

Many games can be run on hardware way under those specs, and same goes for OSs.
Usually somebody has to take the risk to try it, knowing the devs will not support them, if issues do show up.

Also Windows 7, and even older versions, can cope with new hardware, it's users that can't cope with it not running by default.

Meaning they might have to change some BIOS settings, or in certain cases look for custom drivers.
Of course that can make it fairly pointless to even buy the latest hardware.
just to turn off all the latest bells, and whistles that attracted them to their new shiny anyway.
Most of those sticking with W7, are not even looking to get the latest hardware.

You can make W10, look and behave more like W7, than the W10 abomination MS wants it to be, with a little effort.
No Metro Apps, no Spyware, even W7 style desktop, start menu, and taskbar.
I know this because, that's exactly how my W10 is configured, and it takes for less effort now than it used to take.
You just have to be willing to make the effort, and now it's no more work than the efforts I've always had to expend, to make every Windows OS I've used dance to my tune.
Post edited October 18, 2019 by UhuruNUru
high rated
WIndows 10 only? Is this a thing now?.Lost sale.Sorry dev.
You would need to build of ressources for technical support for every OS you want to support and you have to test it on every OS you want to support.
And OS that is about to be brought to the graveyard by the company behind it in a few month does not worth the money or time for doing so.
UhuruNUru: They don 't have to support it, just say whether there's a specific reason why it can''t.

Problem is many users, as can be seen from this thread, don't understand what "Minimum specs", means.
Minimum specs, are only about what the devs will support, and are a legally binding promise of that support.
They have nothing to do with whether a game can, and/or will run on unsupported hardware, or OS.

Many games can be run on hardware way under those specs, and same goes for OSs.
Usually somebody has to take the risk to try it, knowing the devs will not support them, if issues do show up.

Also Windows 7, and even older versions, can cope with new hardware, it's users that can't cope with it not running by default.

Meaning they might have to change some BIOS settings, or in certain cases look for custom drivers.
Of course that can make it fairly pointless to even buy the latest hardware.
just to turn off all the latest bells, and whistles that attracted them to their new shiny anyway.
Most of those sticking with W7, are not even looking to get the latest hardware.

You can make W10, look and behave more like W7, than the W10 abomination MS wants it to be, with a little effort.
No Metro Apps, no Spyware, even W7 style desktop, start menu, and taskbar.
I know this because, that's exactly how my W10 is configured, and it takes for less effort now than it used to take.
You just have to be willing to make the effort, and now it's no more work than the efforts I've always had to expend, to make every Windows OS I've used dance to my tune.
This is not entirly true.
Its was alot more difficul for me
i cant just tweak some Bios setting for my system to get Windows 7 to work.

Officially, AMD does not support Ryzen CPUs on Windows 7. Given that Microsoft has essentially ended support for the OS, this is the type of response we expect from AMD – Intel has also stopped officially supporting Windows 7 on the newest platforms as well. 'Official' is a general term: some special customers may receive extended lifetime support, or drivers currently out in the ecosystem still work on the platforms. Official support refers to driver updates and perhaps security updates, but there’s nothing to stop you trying to install an OS to either system or platform.

i tried almost all the methods in this link : https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64

The only method i didnt try was
Potential Install Solution 1.3: Install Windows 7 on a Different System First

In our initial Ryzen review, in order to get SYSMark numbers comparable to the ones in our database, this is the method I had to use. In order to do so, we had to bend one of our more steadfast rules.

As a general thing to note, installing a Windows-based OS on one system and transferring the drive to another system is a bad idea. As part of the installation, Windows will detect what system is being used and install the base drivers for that system, for that CPU, and for that chipset. This provides clutter and confusion when moving the drive to another system, which is why we typically suggest that a new system gets a fresh OS install to help with this. While it’s still a bad idea, a fresh operating system is easier to manage than a fully-laden, well-used OS.

The problem is i dont have a spare system to do this on
which means i have to loan one and im simply not willing to do it.
Oh, Also since i dont have a Spare System it was kinda difficult to download drivers as well
Post edited October 18, 2019 by Lodium
UhuruNUru: no Spyware
How did you manage to do that?

From what I've gathered evaluating W10 a year or two back, some telemetry features can only be controlled if you get the prohibitively expensive Enterprise edition/subscription.

Ignoring that, the last I heard it's impossible to disable all of it anyway without blocking IP addresses on the router level (they're not even resolved over DNS but hardcoded numerically into essential binaries so no circumventing them with hosts file or your own DNS proxy). And by blocking them you'd also lose access to other Windows features as not all telemetry is done over distinct servers.
Post edited October 18, 2019 by skirtish
high rated
Well, crap. Win 10 only means no way. Only 10 for Windows and no Linux means no way now or ever. Pity, a successor to something as unique (in a good way) as KoDP deserved way better.
UhuruNUru: no Spyware
skirtish: How did you manage to do that?

From what I've gathered evaluating W10 a year or two back, some telemetry features can only be controlled if you get the prohibitively expensive Enterprise edition/subscription.

Ignoring that, the last I heard it's impossible to disable all of it anyway without blocking IP addresses on the router level (they're not even resolved over DNS but hardcoded numerically into essential binaries so no circumventing them with hosts file or your own DNS proxy). And by blocking them you'd also lose access to other Windows features as not all telemetry is done over distinct servers.
Not that hard, though I would recommend, a Pro version, for access to the Group Policy Admin tool.
It's true that if you want to keep updates functional, there's a minimum amount of telemetry involved in that process.

I did take advantage of the free upgrade offer, with my W7 Ultimate licence, being converted to the W10 Pro one.
I didn't actually switch, until a year or so after the release of W10, and then ran a dual Boot with W7 until I was satisfied I had W10 set to my personal requirements, and I love that the explorer dark mode, made the last of my custom dark mode tweaks obsolete.

Utilities I use, with original source sites linked
First here's a pic of one of my Desktops, showing the sort of visual look that can be achieved.
W10 Desktops [19-10-18]
Note Fences program's Roll up facility, is used to enable all my desktop shortcuts to be available, and that's with the three 1440p monitors I use.

Visuals are just a part of the process though. Main tool that I use simplifies all the registry, and group Policy edits, Metro App removals etc. All of which can be done manually, but this gathers many of the major problem causers in one place, and automates the process, while giving the user full control over every setting.

W10 Privacy - Privacy Made ​​Easy - W10Privacy

That's the main workhorse to deal with the Privacy issues, and though others exist, it's the most customisable, and complete tool I've found.

Then there's the typical Power user steps, of going through every setting in both the new Settings menu, and the legacy remaining settings still controlled with W7 style control panel.

Note: Where you see statements saying your System admin has blocked certain settings, that's the results of your own Group Policy edits made with W10 Privacy.

I also delay updates for 3 months, to allow all the bugs to be fixed, which again requires W10 Pro, as normal version doesn't delay more than a few days (if not hours).

Most importantly, MS seems to have given up trying to force their crap onto power users, they just set their trash as defaults, and accept power users will turn the stuff off, even without settings, so many more user settings now exist, that were deliberately absent from the earlier W10 releases.

Now for that look.
Taskbar
7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog

Main thing I use this for is increasing the size of the taskbar Icons, but there's lots of taskbar tweaks you can choose from.

Start Menu
I started using Classic Shell, and that became Open Shell later, which is just a GitHub Release link.
So you get the program from Open Shell Link, but Info, and more importantly user made skins still come from classic shell site

Open Shell Latest Release
Releases - Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu
Classic Shell Info
Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements
Skin Collection (Download the Skins.zip file)
Classic Shell - View topic - Skin Compilation - Almost all the skins posted in this Sub-forum

The actual skin I use is called "Metro-Win10-Black", and is one of those that force the W7 Aero Glass features back into windows.

Even with a skin chosen, there's still lots of customisation options, for each one, and you should be able to tweak it to your desires, and you can even go down the classic explorer route, if you want, but the new style explorer is one of the main things I do like about W10, So I don't use that.

Beyond that
I keep my C Drive pretty much a Windows only zone.
All my Games, programs, and even user files are on other drives, where windows allows it, I use the location Tab, to move them, and where it doesn't (AppData, and ProgramData contents) i use Symbolic links to force my control on their location, that has to be done, on a folder, by folder basis, and apart from the Start Menu Folders, I leave the MS folders alone.

I use a lot of mods, and due to that moved everything outside the C Drive, back when I was still using XP, so it's more about not trusting any Windows OS with my modded game files, than specifically a W10 thing.

How far you want to go beyond using the three tools I mention, and checking all the settings, is your choice.
They are the main things you need.

{Edited to fix typos, and change special characters that were not showing correctly after posting}.
Post edited October 18, 2019 by UhuruNUru
low rated
de_Monteynard: Maybe because over a third of the PC market still uses Windows 7, much, much more than the MacOS X that they support.
Its more like 17% in the relevant target group of people who do use their pc for gaming...
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
And falling.

Comming up with Netstats, that are gathered by webpages will always include computers that are used only for office work. Mostly in companys.
While most workplaces are migrated to Windows 10 my company we not only got a few Windows 7 but even some Windows XP machines running.
Afaik there are very few NT-machines online too. Those are mostly stations that have to work with another special device, where the company behind never updated the software.
You want to upgrade the PC, you have to upgrade the machine it is controlling for several 1000$
Those machines are blocked from web access and are strongly regulated.
This won't be true for many small companys though.

But in the end it is NOT about "so many people use it". It is only about "the company behind the Software will NOT maintain their system, nore will you get technical help when running into problems.
Ok, for Windows 7 the expetion is, you are a big company and you want to throw shitloads of money at MS.
But as a small Dev producing stuff for endusers there is simply now reason to support something that is out of order in 3 month.

Apple is updating the OS for Macs.

And btw, my Windows 10 is sending just enough telemetrie that MS will send me the normal montly updatepacks - delayed by 2 weeks.
If I want to switch to a newer Version of Windows 10 (you need every now and then) I have to do it manually, because MS does not get enough telemetrie to know enough about my PC to be shure it will work.

W10 Privacy is linked by the good man above me.
Post edited October 18, 2019 by randomuser.833
Unfortunately, we didn’t have any way to get the game to run on anything earlier than Windows 10. (The exact reason is long and complicated and technical.)

We did not decide to make it Windows 10-only, it is a technical limitation that we wish didn’t exist.

Sorry!
Reglisse: The discount disappeared when I put the game in my cart...weird...
So,the game is discounted or not?

Edit:Bought because I loved Dragon Pass :)
I was wondering this, too. It was something like $11. I went to look at Dragon Pass, which was $5 and change, put it in my cart, then it was suddenly full price. I went back to this one and it was $20. It's $10 on my iPhone, so I'll probably just go with that.
ddunham: ...

We did not decide to make it Windows 10-only, it is a technical limitation that we wish didn’t exist.
Thanks for dropping by. It is really unfortunate indeed that the choice of technology has caused this to happen.

It has been decades since KODP, which, as we all know, is such a unique, timeless game. One of the best examples of how to make justice to pre-existing lore (Glorantha, King of Sartar...), and probably one of the best computer games ever made, IMHO (seriously). So yes, expectations have been great, to say the least.

So, eventually it is coming in the horizon, just not for PC at launch, nor for quite a long time. I guess a version will come for iOS, as well.
Carradice: So, eventually it is coming in the horizon, just not for PC at launch, nor for quite a long time. I guess a version will come for iOS, as well.
I don’t quite understand this. There is no eventually, the game is available for Windows 10 (and macOS) on GOG today, and is also available in the iOS App Store.
low rated
brave move, if only by technicalities

my office 'puter needs upgradin'

dang is it full of webs an' spider mofos
ddunham: We did not decide to make it Windows 10-only, it is a technical limitation that we wish didn’t exist.
Of course it's your decision. You decided to accept the technical limitation (whatever that is) that prevents the release on older operating systems.
Hence this statement makes no sense, especially with plenty of other recent indie-games supporting those windows versions.
Post edited October 19, 2019 by russellskanne
Carradice: So, eventually it is coming in the horizon, just not for PC at launch, nor for quite a long time. I guess a version will come for iOS, as well.
ddunham: I don’t quite understand this. There is no eventually, the game is available for Windows 10 (and macOS) on GOG today, and is also available in the iOS App Store.
I mean, eventually I will be getting the game. Just not at game launch. Which is a pity. Also, I was wondering out loud if there was an iOS version coming as well, like with the new version of KODP. I got that version of KODP on iOS as well. Just to help support the effort, since I do not really play on iPad (even if the game is nice and viable on an iPad, for people who like playing on an iPad). So you confirmed there is one, which is nice. Maybe I get that one, eventually. Just not the PC version at launch, as I hoped.

That is it. Good memories, a great game and a much awaited sequel that after 20 years I cannot play. But eventually, maybe, I will, on PC. Eventually. So, yes, there is eventually. Since I cannot play the game now. Since it is not available for Windows 7. Yes, eventually.

Congratulations for making the game a reality. No small feat at all. Hats off. It was something getting to make the new version of KODP as well, original assets and all. And a nice version it is (only miss honoring the three cereal goddesses separately, but I get a large portion of the players would not touch that). Hopefully Six Ages will be all we hoped it is (the story of the ancestors of the Grazers that appear in KODP, yes?). In any case, reading the opinion of others will be the way to find out, since, you know, I cannot play the game, but, eventually, etc).

Cheers. I reckon delivering bad news is never easy. All the best of luck. Lots of success and, hopefully, may the saga keep growing on and on with more good games.