It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time for a story-rich game with turn-based tactics; Six Ages 2: Lights Going Out is now out on GOG with a -10% launch discount, until September 4th, 2 PM UTC!

New installment in the Six Ages series! Six Ages 2: Lights Going Out is a standalone narrative that fuses interactive storytelling with strategic turn-based gameplay. The backdrop is a world on the brink of collapse, where the survival of your modest clan hinges on your skillful navigation of the delicate ties binding it to the remaining gods and their followers.

Now on GOG!
And I thought only Japanese come up with totally random sounding game titles, like:

Horiko Jump 5: When Isseye Cry Yawn!

EDIT: Having said that, the game does appear interesting, just like its title.
Post edited August 21, 2023 by timppu
timppu: And I thought only Japanese come up with totally random sounding game titles, like:
Umm, I think you're posting that in the wrong thread?

EDIT: nevermind.. I read your post wrong :< blame it on just waking up and not having downed a full kup of koffee.
Post edited August 21, 2023 by clarry
Really dig that art style.
timppu: And I thought only Japanese come up with totally random sounding game titles, like:

Horiko Jump 5: When Isseye Cry Yawn!
...Except that "lights going out" is an entirely valid phrase in English (and one which is appropriate to the apocalyptic theme of this entry in the series), rather than nonsense thrown together out of mostly English words by someone not proficient with English based mostly on how cool the words sound to them, as in the case of a fair swath of titles (including some localizations thereof) of Japanese manga, anime, video games, visual novels, etc.
Yeah, some of you should see the titles to some light novels. That's where the madness lies.
For those of you who dig Heroic Fantasy (and maybe also Role-Playing games) and have no idea of the original setting, I suggest you take a look at the world of Glorantha

It's one of the richest and most exotic Fantasy settings ever created.

And it's the base of a mighty good RPG:
https://www.chaosium.com/runequest/
HunchBluntley: ...Except that "lights going out" is an entirely valid phrase in English (and one which is appropriate to the apocalyptic theme of this entry in the series)
Does seem rather out of place for something set in a fantasy bronze age though.
HunchBluntley: ...Except that "lights going out" is an entirely valid phrase in English (and one which is appropriate to the apocalyptic theme of this entry in the series)
Cavalary: Does seem rather out of place for something set in a fantasy bronze age though.
How so?
Cavalary: Does seem rather out of place for something set in a fantasy bronze age though.
HunchBluntley: How so?
Seems a relatively modern term, and to have been coined after lighting systems were commonplace.
Yup sorta stupid name.

Did the developers figure out how to get their barely interactive slide show to work on anything other than Windows 10? I know their engine was too taxing for UnreaREDCtek so they had to have the horsepower of Windows 10.

(Sorry, I say this as a totally bitter long time lover of King of Dragon Pass still jilted by the fact that I can't play Six Ages on Win 7 or Wine).
Ixamyakxim: (Sorry, I say this as a totally bitter long time lover of King of Dragon Pass still jilted by the fact that I can't play Six Ages on Win 7 or Wine).
It's been a while since I have posted in gog's forum, but your remark made me curious to test Six Ages Ride Like The Wind in Wine (the previous times, years ago, it failed to launch indeed).

But... although there are few error windows right after launching (with wine debugger), the menus are clickable, and the tutorial seems to be functional! The game seems responding correctly, the music too. I can't assume for any long play, as I just tried few minutes ago.

So it seems very promising for Ride Like The Wind, at least (can't say for Lights Going Out): I tried with Wine 8.13 (set Windows 10 on winecfg and virtual desktop) on Fedora 38.
Post edited August 22, 2023 by Huinehtar
HunchBluntley: How so?
Cavalary: Seems a relatively modern term, and to have been coined after lighting systems were commonplace.
Light is just not a modern, post-Industrial Age thing. Taking it literally (which I don't think is the intent...), "Lights" can refer to candles, torches, rushlights, hearthfires/campfires, gaslights, etc -- all of which have been around for at least centuries, and most of which have been around for...rather longer than that.
Taken metaphorically, I don't think the phrase need automatically conjure images of electric (EDIT: or even gas) lighting devices. It certainly didn't (and doesn't) for me.
Post edited August 24, 2023 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: Light is just not a modern, post-Industrial Age thing. Taking it literally (which I don't think is the intent...), "Lights" can refer to candles, torches, rushlights, hearthfires/campfires, gaslights, etc -- all of which have been around for at least centuries, and most of which have been around for...rather longer than that.
Taken metaphorically, I don't think the phrase need automatically conjure images of electric (EDIT: or even gas) lighting devices. It certainly didn't (and doesn't) for me.
And stars…
HunchBluntley: Light is just not a modern, post-Industrial Age thing. Taking it literally (which I don't think is the intent...), "Lights" can refer to candles, torches, rushlights, hearthfires/campfires, gaslights, etc -- all of which have been around for at least centuries, and most of which have been around for...rather longer than that.
ddunham: And stars…
You should definitely add the Galaxy achievements to Six Ages 1 and 2 as was done for King of Dragon Pass, these days there is no shortage of quality games and those with missing features take a back seat.