It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sin Slayers is now available DRM-free. Get it 15% off until September 13th, 5pm UTC.

Legends tell of a place betwixt worlds, a region outside time and space called the Valley of Fallen Sinners.

A dense, preternatural fog lays like stinking breath over black woods. This region is for the most contemptible cowards, those who died because of their sins and the darkness weighing down their souls. At one time, they lived as brave heroes across a multitude of worlds, and bards composed ballads to their noble deeds. Until the day darkness flooded their hearts and killed them.

Now regret consumes them, but their souls will find no rest. They are doomed to wander the Valley endlessly, searching for rest, respite, an end to their torture. But they will know no peace until someone destroys the seven seals of the Portal of the Worlds. Only then will the gates open and the damned finally escape their prison...
Sure looks interesting. Thank you for the free version (demo), will try it out trough the weekend.
There's a Linux logo in the video, and scrolling down on the store page, I see Linux requirements, but the "Works on" bit only says Windows. Could gog please clarify?

Edit: I guess there's a Linux logo in the top line as well, so I assume it's just the "Works on" that's wrong
Edit 2: Apparently it is finally fixed. Not that I care any more, as this game is too random for me. Good thing there was a free demo to teach me that.
Post edited September 06, 2019 by darktjm
Normally, I would not comment but the presentation and the concepts seem enticing as they appear both as a new take yet still familiar. Thank you for the demo as well. Trying it soon.
It would be helpful to have a link to the demo. Apparently there was a problem processing payment for something free o_O

It was added to my account anyways. Very weird GoG.
Post edited September 05, 2019 by tremere110
This is funny. When I try to get the demo, I get a message: "There was a problem processing your payment." - for 0,00 €!

But perhaps someone who already has the demo or knows the game can answer my question: what does rogue-like elements mean in this case? Normally 'Roguelike' is an instant turn-off for me. But the rest of the game looks interesting and if they've only taken tolerable elements from Rogue, it might still be a good game. So, what are those elements? Just the randomly generated levels? (tolerable) Or Perma-death? (definite no-buy)
blargicity: Normally, I would not comment but the presentation and the concepts seem enticing as they appear both as a new take yet still familiar. Thank you for the demo as well. Trying it soon.
I dont see a demo :D
blargicity: Normally, I would not comment but the presentation and the concepts seem enticing as they appear both as a new take yet still familiar. Thank you for the demo as well. Trying it soon.
gamesfreak64: I dont see a demo :D
https://www.gog.com/game/sin_slayers_the_first_sin
gamesfreak64: I dont see a demo :D
tremere110: https://www.gog.com/game/sin_slayers_the_first_sin
Thank you for the link, i found your previous post and found the link, clicked it and now i have the demo, thanks.
Too many other games in the backlog but this looks fun.
kai2: Too many other games in the backlog but this looks fun.
It sure does,:D

Settings:

I had to change to the lowest resolution available ( 1024x768) ,
set it to 30 FPS and disabled the effects, ( don't want to strain my eyes :D )

i have older games that dont make the fans spin that fast at 30 fps, but i guess since it is Unity engine used, i can understand that , no matter what settings Unity games always make my fanb spin at max, even if it is 20 degrees below zero outside :D
i guess Unity just needs at least a 3.5 ghz as a minimum, i have a few Unity games and maybe 3 work a charm the rest is cpu hungry, and makes the fans spin like crazy, i hope that problem wont occur on my new setup with at least 3 case fans and a large cpu cooler, my GPU has a nice coolerfan its the old cpu that has a stock cooler.

Anyway , will try out the demo and see if i like it...

EDIT:

well i won my first fight in the demo :D

so far the game looks good, graphics look a litte big but thats because of my VGA ( 1024x768 default)
which make the graphics look either too smal or a little to blocky , usually only with new games, old games look fine :D

I do notice that 99% of all unity games tend to use CPU even when the game is in tne abckhround, proper games should reduce that to a zero cause the game is not visible, 99% of all old games behave like that but 99% Unity games still use cpu and that should not happen.

check: attachment
sinslayers_demo.png

thats a screenshot of the taskbar while the game is not visible , so the cpu should show a zero

Anyway, after playing games since win 95 i know a game should never show or use cpu when in the background unless Unity is an exception to the rule (which proves unity is far from perfect),

There are no tabs pressed cause non are active :D
No bars are pressed because the desktop is shown, so zero cpu should usage should show ( a 0) but it still shows 16 % CPU , the load in red shows 12) so its at least a 12% .

Anyway i hope this Unity engine 'bug' will be fixed someday ( i doubt it but one can always hope :D)
So the game sodar ( its only the demo) plays well.
Attachments:
Post edited September 05, 2019 by gamesfreak64
Wow, I saw this game in past year, very glad that it released.
gamesfreak64: Thank you for the link, i found your previous post and found the link, clicked it and now i have the demo, thanks.
gamesfreak64,

Apologies, was trying out the demo and did not come back until more recently and saw your post. Thank you though, tremere110. I hope you both are getting a chance to enjoy the demo as well.

On a side note, from the time spent on the demo, I am liking the feel of the game.

Pros:
1) Clear explanations for vast majority of the abilities and stats in game (for most, there are still that might require clarification)
2) During battle, there is a bar that shows when your characters' turns are coming up.
3) Each character has a different set of abilties, strengths and weaknesses, a good portion of which you can tweak.
4) You can customize your party of three from a pool of individuals. This pool grows over time.
5) Detailed and easy to access UI that separates information as well as makes it easy to read through.
-a) Party Information including party formation, experience level, stats, etc.
-b) Party Inventory including equiped items, selected combat ablities, inventory for combat (i.e. potions, revives), etc.
-c) Crafting for armor, accessories, weapons, etc.
-d) Character information (stats gained depending on the level of the individual), enemy information (stats, weaknesses, strengths, etc.)
6) There are options to turn on/off certain graphical selections such as camera shaking, zooming, etc. A good amount of thought was placed into this.
7) Lots of ingame help available (in the form of information) for most things.

There's quite a few more but you get the gist.

Pros/cons depending on your preferences:
1) Turn-based
2) Crafting system (some items can only be built by building weaker items first and then building from that - this leads to a bit of grind to collect material to craft certain items)
3) Random generation of map layout. Each time you start an area, you can choose its difficulty. Regardless of difficulty, no map is the same. When you leave the map (whether you complete it or not), it resets.
4) The game, true to its concept, has a 'sin' system. If you do something that can potentially increase your sin level (up to level 5), you will feel its affect in the game (higher difficulty enemies, less money, etc. - this is all explained when you mouse over the sin level).

I feel all the above is a positive but there may be others that may feel otherwise (which is perfectly fine!).

Cons (mostly minor so far):
1) Voice actor is clearly trying but it is evident that he may be new to it
2) Some of the writing can do with a bit of polish (mainly grammatical)
3) Some dialog options could use a bit of polish (i.e. When talking to someone, to end the conversation, they offer the option to " Abandon ". A better way to do this is replace it with " <end conversation/dialogue> " or " We will come back later " or the like.
4) When equiping items, full stats increases/decreases are not reflected in the Party Information screen. This is my biggest con so far.

Despite all this or perhaps because of it, I feel the game would be worth the full price. On a related note, Is there a way to disable the discount when purchasing the game?
Post edited September 05, 2019 by blargicity
Looks good. This plus a few other releases are certainly up my alley.
Hello all,

Looks interesting. Seeing as the "demo" is available on GoG, I'll be trying that. Does anyone know of the game duration ? Since it isn't a roguelike, does it offer replayability ? Is it short ? Long ? Difficult ? Ain't sayin' I need quick answers as I'm unsure I'll buy it right away but it does look appealing. I'm kinda looking for relaxing game to play in and out of others things.