It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't try to outrun your shadow. It will only grow longer.

<span class="bold">Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition</span>, the definitive version of the exotic techno-fantasy RPG, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux with a 50% launch discount.

The shadows grow thicker still. In keeping with their Kickstarter promises, the developers have bundled an extra 5-hour long mini-campaign, over an hour and a half of audio commentary, and a million other improvements into Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition. Owners of the original game get the update for free, but this is also a great opportunity for aspiring shadowrunners to hit the neon-lit back alleys of Hong Kong, taking advantage of the week-long 50% discount on the Extended Edition.

If you're not yet familiar with the series, the Shadowrun experience is a mix of brilliant writing, a unique cyberpunk universe with a splash of magic, and challenging tactical combat. It's a cRPG lover's dream come true, and it seems we're not waking up anytime soon.

For some extra goodness, you can pick up the <span class="bold">Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition Deluxe</span>, complete with original soundtrack and PDF Art of Shadowrun: Hong Kong book. If you're not ready to make the commitment, you can always <span class="bold">upgrade later</span>.

Curse, deck or charm your way across the seedy shadows of <span class="bold">Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The 50% discount will last until February 12, 1:59 PM GMT.
Nagrarok: I'm a simple man.

I see Shadowrun, I throw money at it.
Unless it's 5e... I've seen whats inside the sourcebook, and compared to previous editions, I feel depressed :(

HBS, on the other hand, doesn't disappoint. :)
Got all three games on Steam, so just waiting for it to update before diving in again. Sure, it ain't Dragonfall, but still by far one of the better games to come out in recent years (and a stronger showing than SSR, imho).
Not sure why the announcement does such a poor job of explaining this, but a few questions were raised. Including;
anothername: What does the Deluxe Upgrade (http://www.gog.com/game/shadowrun_hong_kong_extended_edition_deluxe_upgrade) add to this? It has the same description.

Edit: To be more specific: Is it just the OST & the .pdf?
HunchBluntley: Seem like it.
MischiefMaker: People said at release that HK felt like a step back from Dragonfall, so I decided to hold off until the "director's cut."

Does HK measure up now?
So what gives? See the e-mail kickstarter backers have gotten or the description of the game (which may have been updated in the mean time).

New in Shadowrun: Hong Kong, thanks to our generous Kickstarter Backers:
* 6+ hour bonus campaign - Shadows of Hong Kong.
* 100+ minutes of developer commentary audio!
* Revamped Matrix art and gameplay!
* Illustrated transition animatics that play at key moments in the story.
* Enhanced sound, and dynamic combat music that ebbs and flows.
* Rebuilt Inventory UI and easier management of items in-mission.
* All-new Cyberware skill-tree and new Cyberweapons that can be installed to your character’s arms.
* The ability to enter turn-based combat mode as soon as an enemy is in view.
* Powerful new Foci objects for spellcasters
Thanks for the free added content all.

However, isn't it possible for gog to make the patches downloadable on their own? I seriously can't afford to pay for 3Gb data every time a game gets an update.
Post edited February 06, 2016 by musteriuz
Looking forward to back them again on their next KS!
mrkgnao: This, in my humble opinion, is how a game should be done.

Release the game when it is ready, offer bug-fix patches promptly after release and regularly thereafter, and finally, when you have significant supplemental material to add to it, offer it free to all existing customers.

Good show, Harebrained Schemes.
And although I do not like the whole different editions mess at least the price for the upgrade from the extended to the deluxe edition is fair. Not as in other games like Tropico 5, where the upgrade costs twice as much as the price difference between the normal and the complete edition.
mrkgnao: This, in my humble opinion, is how a game should be done.
Except for the part where they charged Kickstarter backers $5 more for the Deluxe Edition than later preorder customers.

For whatever it's worth at this point, this current sale allows backers to get the content for same price as preorders (their original $15 pledge plus the $5 sale price of the upgrade = the preorder price of $20 for everything).
tremere110: Had completely forgotten about the promised free content upgrade they made when i backed this. I'm sure glad that they remembered :)
Same here
Well done, HBS! Bought.
pwny_express: Unless it's 5e... I've seen whats inside the sourcebook, and compared to previous editions, I feel depressed :(
I haven't touched 5e yet as I'm perfectly happy with 4e but why are you saying that? Just curious.
Harebrained Schemes, I will most probably back/buy on release your next game. What I won't do is play it release however, as much as I enjoyed both dragonfall and Hong Kong (and it was a lot), I'm bummed that there's a better version of the campaign I have not played. So for the next time, I'll wait till all enhanced stuff is out before actually playing it.
About the add-on for upgrading to the deluxe edition and its warning "TO PLAY THIS ITEM YOU ALSO NEED Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition", do they mean it for real? It's a bit odd considering that the upgrade doesn't depend on the game itself because it's just a collection of some MP3 and PDF files.
Post edited February 06, 2016 by park_84
F1ach: Thanks for the heads up, hadnt realised it was so close to release.
There's a 3.0 coming in as well with quite a lot of stuff added to the stronghold, bugfixes and tweaked game balances in case you didn't know. (This is for all who own the base game)
Post edited February 06, 2016 by Hunter65536
F1ach: Thanks for the heads up, hadnt realised it was so close to release.
Hunter65536: There's a 3.0 coming in as well with quite a lot of stuff added to the stronghold, bugfixes and tweaked game balances in case you didn't know. (This is for all who own the base game)
Thats handy to know, cheers! I have the game (love it), but been waiting for this new expansion to be released so I can now buy both parts together (hate waiting for episodic content to drop), Thanks :)
park_84: About the add-on for upgrading to the deluxe edition and its warning "TO PLAY THIS ITEM YOU ALSO NEED Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition", do they mean it for real? It's a bit odd considering that the upgrade doesn't depend on the game itself because it's just a collection of some MP3 and PDF files.
That's just a warning for those who don't have the base game already in their accounts. If you already have the game then you should be able to upgrade without a hassle.
Perhaps i didn't notice before and it's a Galaxy thing but why does the download of this game is 3GB for the website version but if it's downloaded via Galaxy is 12GB?