It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A life of sin awaits within

<span class="bold">Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales</span>, an action/adventure/RPG hybrid that lets you explore all aspects of a corsair's thrilling life, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.

Dogs are famously friendly, loyal, and perhaps a little bit gullible creatures. Sea Dogs, however, are nothing of the sort. They lead lives full of fighting, murder, plunder, and uneasy camaraderie, usually feverish with a self-destructive gold rush. Blaze and Beatrice Sharp are born into this life, having inherited their father's swashbuckling legacy. Time to see how they measure up.

Now that they've both come of age, it's time to make their own name, carve their own path through this open-world of exciting yet dangerous opportunities. There are 16 ships to choose from, different crew members to hire, weapons to equip on your ship or take along in your land adventures, skills to pick, quests to undertake, treasures to unearth. Feel free to seek your fortune and explore the secrets of the Caribbean islands, but never let your guard down. After all, how you handle yourself during the intense naval battles and your continuous struggles with the capricious sea weather will determine whether you name will become synonymous with glorious piracy or a brief footnote in the chronicles of this brutal age of buccaneers.

Dip you cutlass into a sea of perils, treasures, and the blood of your enemies as you live your own <span class="bold">Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Maybe the best release of the day ! I will keep an eye on it for sure.
Nice to see more Akella. Hopefully this means "Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships", or "Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships" perhaps

Some time ago I emailed them suggesting they see if they could release a "gutted" version of Pirates of the Caribbean for legal reasons (since the game doesn't make any references to the Disney properties in the actual game, I believe *checks* well, apparently they do mention the Black Pearl, so maybe that's an issue; ideally that could be edited out in some way). They said they'd look into it, but I'll assume it'll remain too complicated. (Perhaps it could be re-named to something like "Sea Dogs: Adventures of Nathaniel Hawk" :-P) [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_(video_game]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_(video_game[/url])
Rottencorpsex: SD2 has, it was released for Xbox also. To each his own got the translation just a few months back. The other 2 - probably not.
I know about SD2 (that's Pirates of the Caribbean), but if the rest doesn't have ENG translations, they won't be here, so only 4.
tinyE: I guess I should retry the 1st one before I shoot for this.
Was just thinking that. I went to check the game card, and glory hallelujah, this one HAS A MANUAL! :)

It's kinda hard to get through the first one when there's no list of what-key-does-what anywhere. Couldn't find a manual online, and even the walkthroughs I tried only listed a few keys. Random button mashing didn't help either. :)
Another easy purchase here for me. Really solid release day today with a variety of interesting titles at very welcome prices.
Taro94: As far as I can see, this game is Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales. This is the first time I see it titled "Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales". Are there any differences? If not, what is the reason behind name change?
Grargar: I don't think there any gameplay differences. As for the name change, I guess that the "Age of Pirates" trademark might not belong to Akella.
So it's realy just renamed Age of Pirates? Sigh, so confusing...
There are far more games in the series. Sadly only a handful were released in english. If i remember right, the series is called Corsairs in russian (if my translation is correct)

Pirates of the Carribean has a small problem with the rights as the game was made to promote the movie. So it's Disney, Akella and Bethesda in the mix.

Maybe some of our russian residents could translate from the russian wiki
Post edited March 31, 2016 by wolfsrain
Bambusek: How is this game related to Sea Dogs already on GOG? Sequel, stand alone expansion?
triock: It's a little bit complicated - Sea Dogs is 1st, 2nd is Pirates of the Caribbean, this one is 3rd and there is one more game - Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships.
Oh, this is the precursor to City of Abandoned Ships? Well, then I´ll better not buy this one.
I've found Carribean Tales to be highly enjoyable. CoAS, not so much.
Bambusek: How is this game related to Sea Dogs already on GOG? Sequel, stand alone expansion?
triock: It's a little bit complicated - Sea Dogs is 1st, 2nd is Pirates of the Caribbean, this one is 3rd and there is one more game - Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships.
and Sea Dogs II ?

Is it just different title of one of them, or is it a separate game?
keeveek: and Sea Dogs II ?

SD 2 was remade to Pirates of the Caribbean.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_%28video_game%29
Post edited March 31, 2016 by triock
Sea Dogs 2, considered by many the best in the series is, probably, in a legal limbo. Rights are shared by Dysney, Bethesda (publishing rights in West) and Akella. So, unless GOG legal team can work something with the involeved parties, chances to see it here are slim to none.
keeveek: and Sea Dogs II ?

triock: SD 2 was remade to Pirates of the Caribbean.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_%28video_game%29
oh, okay. In Poland it was released first as Sea Dogs 2 without any ties to Pirates of the Carribbean franchise, but probably releasing this version would be impossible because of the said agreement with Disney
I still can't get the first Sea Dogs I bought from gog to run on my Vista machine. I have the 2.0.0.3 installer downloaded and installed.
wolfsrain: Sea Dogs 2, considered by many the best in the series is, probably, in a legal limbo. Rights are shared by Dysney, Bethesda (publishing rights in West) and Akella. So, unless GOG legal team can work something with the involeved parties, chances to see it here are slim to none.
That's far more blowjobs than can reasonably be expected to be managed by the legal team. We're looking at at least a few days of round the clock "negotiations".