It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An Epic Adventure at Sea

<span class="bold">Sea Dogs</span>, a mixture of RPG, action, trading, strategy, and seafaring, is available now for Windows, DRM-free exclusively on GOG.com!

As you soak in the refreshing breeze of a sunset at sea, the galley heaves wave to wave in anticipation of distant gifts beyond the horizon. There are no two ways about it, <span class="bold">Sea Dogs</span> is heavily inspired by Sid Meier's Pirates!, and bears plenty of resemblance to the much more modern Mount & Blade series. Precisely none of that is a bad thing, as it remains one of the best pirate simulations out there. Make an allegiance, or not, and become a true scallywag, a rogue, a rapscallion of the sea! You'll wander tropical towns scattered across the Caribbean, hire your crew, make a hefty profit off your cargo, and then set sail once more to complete your contracts. Or just pirate away. The world is open, and the choices are yours.

Sail the sun-bathed seas in <span class="bold">Sea Dogs</span>, available now DRM-free exclusively on GOG.com!
Seems interesting! Any opinion?
Yes, yes, yes!
Awesome release GOG.com!
Looks interesting. My son would have fun with this one but...no manual, GOG?
Best pirate game ever made is here ! :D
Brilliant game, I discovered it after buying The PotC game (back when the movie was released, but it has nothing to do with the movie), it is freaking awesome! Cant afford it right now, but anyone remotely interested in pirates, should get this.
Shambhala: Seems interesting! Any opinion?
Classic pirate RPG. One of the best. I played it a ton when it first came out. I remember it being a bit buggy, and the graphics are dated now, but the gameplay is still there. It should have been on GOG by now, but better late than never.
Wow, very nice work, GOG. Does this mean the sequels are coming in the very near future? Because I for one would love to see Age of Pirates 2 on GOG. That game with the Gentlemen of Fortune mod is what dreams are made of.
Hesusio: Wow, very nice work, GOG. Does this mean the sequels are coming in the very near future? Because I for one would love to see Age of Pirates 2 on GOG. That game with the Gentlemen of Fortune mod is what dreams are made of.
I don't know why POTC wouldn't be. After all, it was a Disney license developed by Akella... was originally supposed to be Sea Dogs 2. GOG now has the publisher and the dev locked up, so hopefully it will end up here as well.
Looks interesting, wishlisted.
Licurg: Best pirate game ever made is here ! :D
Beter than Sid Meier's Pirates! ?????
Emob78: I don't know why POTC wouldn't be. After all, it was a Disney license developed by Akella... was originally supposed to be Sea Dogs 2. GOG now has the publisher and the dev locked up, so hopefully it will end up here as well.
The publisher of POTC is Bethesda...
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Grargar
Licurg: Best pirate game ever made is here ! :D
PaterAlf: Beter than Sid Meier's Pirates! ?????
Yup. Although that's a much older game, so more limited because of that .
Ohhhhh, nice. I've been actually waiting for this series to show up, because I loved Pirates of the Caribbean.
How does Sea Dogs compare to that game? Is PotC just a straight up improvement, or are there other differences? And what about Age of Pirates 1+2?
PaterAlf: Beter than Sid Meier's Pirates! ?????
Licurg: Yup. Although that's a much older game, so more limited because of that .
Depends on which version of Sid Meier's Pirates! you're referring to, the 1987 original or the 2004 "remake"?