It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stuck in the middle with them.

<span class="bold">Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days</span>, a top-down shooter featuring the slickest gangsters this side of the celluloid, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

All you and your smartly-dressed partners wanted was to fill your little green bags with easy cash. But no heist ever goes as planned, unless you can rewind time, coordinate your moves, and take advantage of every single trick up your blood-stained sleeve. Come and put down your tips, then join Mr. White, Mr. Blonde, Mr. Pink, and the rest of the gang in this spectacular festival of precise mayhem.

For extra flavor, grab the <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span> and pop it in your jukebox.
Oh, and if you fancy yourself a talented robber stay tuned: Big Star Games will soon introduce the Tip Challenge, where those with the most impressive scores will have a chance to score GOG gift vouchers!

The 10% discount will last until May 26, 5PM UTC.

Watch them going at it.
Post edited May 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
This is a TERRIBLE trailer.
I barely get a couple of seconds before the rewind takes place. OK there is a rewind feature, I get it, but, what is the actual gameplay like?
Terrible.
Reminds me of Super Time Force Ultra. Looks like the rewind will enable you to save characters killed and go back and forth between characters. Seems very interesting to me.
So it's a killing game of "If at first you don't succeed..."

Something like that?
Is any of the team who worked on this from the same team that produced Evil Genius?
Because I like the Evil Genius type graphics and characters, and even the health indicators at the feet are like the ones in Evil Genius
A Review: https://www.destructoid.com/review-reservoir-dogs-bloody-days-436768.phtml
Seriously, there are plenty of licensed games out there that are faithful to the source material and you'll usually find me championing the better ones. Thinking back to the 2006 attempt, as shallow as it was, it had an interesting hostage taking mechanic suitably in-line with the movie's flashbacks. Bloody Days, on the other hand, comes across a cheaply purchased IP grafted onto some prototype because someone thought brand recognition could net them more sales. Yes, it's that cynical to play.

Even if it wasn't a gross misuse of a license, Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days is a boring, buggy game with a universal selling point that's nowhere as fun, or as smart, as it thinks it is. And just like Joe Cabot, I'm so goddamn mad hollering at you guys, I can hardly talk.
HereForTheBeer: So it's a killing game of "If at first you don't succeed..."

Something like that?
nope..
from what I saw in the trailer: you start as mr. orange - let' say - and kill a few guys; then rewind and control mr. brown and kill guys too while mr. orange does the exact things you did while using it.. and so on.. nice idea, I guess, but there should be something more..
HereForTheBeer: So it's a killing game of "If at first you don't succeed..."

Something like that?
brainvision: nope..
from what I saw in the trailer: you start as mr. orange - let' say - and kill a few guys; then rewind and control mr. brown and kill guys too while mr. orange does the exact things you did while using it.. and so on.. nice idea, I guess, but there should be something more..
Hmm, looked a bit different to me. Then again, maybe that's my slow connection and trying to watch the trailer on youtube. Seemed like a do-over mechanic there, but as you describe it's more like controlling one guy, then jumping back in time to add a second guy, then again for a third...

Trailer didn't show much beyond that and some thievery, so it's hard to say if there's any meat to the game. For now, I'll get my fix with either The Masterplan or Frozen Synapse.
brainvision: nope..
HereForTheBeer: Hmm, looked a bit different to me. Then again, maybe that's my slow connection and trying to watch the trailer on youtube. Seemed like a do-over mechanic there, but as you describe it's more like controlling one guy, then jumping back in time to add a second guy, then again for a third...

Trailer didn't show much beyond that and some thievery, so it's hard to say if there's any meat to the game. For now, I'll get my fix with either The Masterplan or Frozen Synapse.
you can clearly see it by the Rewind to cooperate and Rewind to assist examples.. in this last one in particular the first guy finish its round with less than half health; when the other guy helps him he did the same things but finish the rounds with more than half of health
I remember seeing it on VHS. This game doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the movie, does it?
KasperHviid: I remember seeing it on VHS. This game doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the movie, does it?
back in the day of VHS! great movie btw..
Wasn't this announced as "Coming Soon" literally yesterday?

Also, yes, this looks like a gross misuse of a licensed IP. Even if it were a good game, I would be turned off by the crass attempt to link it to a popular (and probably mostly unrelated) film.
Come on guys, we already had NOT PREY this month, give us some time before slapping an IP on an unrelated game again.
I liked the film, but I honestly don't care that the game has virtually nothing to do with it. Who would even want a game version of Reservoir Dogs? (Does anyone have a idea for adapting it to a game that they think would work well enough to actually develop?)

It's easy to see that the film and the game are loosely connected at best; so accept it, move on, and figure out whether the gameplay is something you're interested in.
Shadowcat: I liked the film, but I honestly don't care that the game has virtually nothing to do with it. Who would even want a game version of Reservoir Dogs? (Does anyone have a idea for adapting it to a game that they think would work well enough to actually develop?)

It's easy to see that the film and the game are loosely connected at best; so accept it, move on, and figure out whether the gameplay is something you're interested in.
Telltale's "interactive episodic movie" gameplay (sadly, they really don't make adventure games anymore, but non-FMV interactive movies) would actually be a great fit for a Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction licensed game. Those movies are all about character, mood and plot twists, in non-linear fashion, so attempts to make them action games is never going to work. IMO.

I can imagine a fun Pulp/Dogs game that's either an alternate "what if" take on the films or a new prequel/sequel with existing characters, where you play a different character each "chapter", in non-linear order, so that later chapters fill in mysteries and motivations. So long as the plot was good and the dialog appropriate, it would be the best use of such a license, IMO.

Failing that, maybe a Res Dogs "heist planning" strategy game (build your team, plan the heist, execute the plan, improvise if things go wrong) would also fit the license, especially if it focused on team members' personalities (unknown psycho, undercover cop, etc.) making each team and heist unpredictable. Sort of like GTA V's story heists but in a more strategic (isometric topdown, maybe?) engine.

This game looks, frankly, like trash and even worse abuse of the license than the old Xbox game. Why even attempt this if you can't use actor likenesses? The characters are what MAKES Res Dogs... having some surfer looking guy as Mr Pink makes me feel they just put the name on this at the last second! Ugh!