It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
michaschm: The dumb good goyim nerds love their Wolfensteins :D

Go give me a thumbs down again you fucking oblivious faggots
Attachments:
DanielRuf: It is not. You are just allowed to buy them if you are older than 18 years and just for private use.

Bethesda just does not want to sell this to the people on GOG because they have an office in Germany and they age is not verified here so many young people could buy it here too.
Bull, its illegal! As long as there are any signs like the Hakenkreuz (and there are plenty of it in Wolfenstein) its illegal
to own it in Germany.
DanielRuf: It is not. You are just allowed to buy them if you are older than 18 years and just for private use.

Bethesda just does not want to sell this to the people on GOG because they have an office in Germany and they age is not verified here so many young people could buy it here too.
Schnuff: Bull, its illegal! As long as there are any signs like the Hakenkreuz (and there are plenty of it in Wolfenstein) its illegal
to own it in Germany.
Nope, did you read the law?

Just if you presentate it in the public or share it.

Anyway, also other games listed here have these signs but can be bought without any problems.

You can make private collection of such things but are not allowed to presentate them.

Even if they are on the index, you are allowed to import them for private use.
Schnuff: Bull, its illegal! As long as there are any signs like the Hakenkreuz (and there are plenty of it in Wolfenstein) its illegal
to own it in Germany.
Oh, well, good thing that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is forbidden in Germany. Oh wait...
to own it in Germany.
jamyskis: Oh, well, good thing that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is forbidden in Germany. Oh wait...
Right, it is not :D Because this is art, and games are also art in my opinion.

And FYI, games are art and if you keep things private / in your own four walls, it is allowed

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/nach-razzia-bei-kunst-student-wann-hakenkreuze-erlaubt-sind/8473046.html

http://www.wer-weiss-was.de/t/ab-wann-nazisymbole-strafbar/3305032/5

http://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/86a.html

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verwenden_von_Kennzeichen_verfassungswidriger_Organisationen#Tathandlung

Many games are also removed from the index like Quake 1 but is almost the same like Quake 2 and Quake 3.
Post edited October 02, 2015 by DanielRuf
After reading through the thread I just want to add, that I am not sure the Bethesda acquisitions are worth it for gog atm.

I mean, DOOM, Morrowind and Quake are all excellent titles, but I am pretty sure we all own at least five copies of each of them... It is nice to finally add them to your gog library as well, but there are to many downsides imho.

first off, gog is forced to sell the games at disgustingly inflated prices. there really is no other way to put it. i miss the days of flat and fair 5$/10$ pricing. sure we have stupidly steep discounts nowadays (which are part of the problem), but the price gauging for the Bethesda titles in particular is pretty shameless.

secondly, all the shenanigans around the release put gog in a very unfavorable light. removing the music files from quake (after selling them), region locking games (and lying about the reasons(well or maybe they really didn't know better)), advertising free games (they are not allowed to give away for free).... and so forth.

add to all of this the fact that gog only gets a minuscule cut from the sales and i really don't think it is worth the hassle. gog has a magnificent reputation (ill advised marketing jokes aside) and that is it's main competitive advantage. I am sure 80% of costumers own most of the games in several formats and/or are survivers of the old HOTUD or Abandonia communities (like myself) and btw, know how to use torrents. so we mainly pay gog because we want to.
and with all the issues stated above i am afraid ppl might someday stop wanting to.

also, i still hold a grudge because of the re-branding and the new site design. -.-
to own it in Germany.
DanielRuf: Nope, did you read the law?

Anyway, also other games listed here have these signs but can be bought without any problems.

You can make private collection of such things but are not allowed to presentate them.

Yes, you can own them.....BUT please read this....its forbidden to buy or import them. So, now tell me how
could you get a legal copy? You made one yourself, for your eyes only!
AND they are not on the index, they are BANNED with judicial decision.

As for the other games here.....at the time GOG started this shitty regional sites I already posted that most of the
reasons from GOG are naught....AS long as a game (or video) doesn't have a USK rating they are forbidden for
public selling and that includes most of the games GOG offers.
This means. you (if you are 18 or older) can buy those games...no problem.
But GOG is doing something "grey". The problem again is the internet and how you can enforce local law.

Schnuff: Yes, you can own them.....BUT please read this....its forbidden to buy or import them. So, now tell me how

As for the other games here.....at the time GOG started this shitty regional sites I already posted that most of the
reasons from GOG are naught....AS long as a game (or video) doesn't have a USK rating they are forbidden for
public selling and that includes most of the games GOG offers.
This means. you (if you are 18 or older) can buy those games...no problem.
But GOG is doing something "grey". The problem again is the internet and how you can enforce local law.
No, it is not forbidden to buy or import them. Did you read the laws about indexed games and the difference between indexed and seized?

They should have at least some age verification to avoid legal problems.

But selling it in Germany is clearly a problem, but not buying

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Castle_Wolfenstein#Rechtslage

Schnuff: Yes, you can own them.....BUT please read this....its forbidden to buy or import them. So, now tell me how
[...]
Well, it's fairly easy. Since GOG is not a German company, nor do they have offices in Germany, to my knowledge, so they can just ignore whatever regulations that are in place in censorship-friendy territoriries (aka Germany). The purchase should be a private risk.

Guess I'll reactivate my VPN subscription, when the price is right. ;)
Post edited October 02, 2015 by flammenbringer
[...]
flammenbringer: Well, it's fairly easy. Since GOG is not a German company, nor do they have offices in Germany, to my knowledge, so they can just ignore whatever regulations that are in place in censorship-friendy territoriries (aka Germany). The purchase should be a private risk. ;)
Right, these are all imports. as they do not have a office here

FYI, read the last sentence

http://www.golem.de/0204/19594.html

RTCW is on list A as far as I know, so persons older than 18 years are allowed to buy it.
Even if they are on list B, you are allowed to import them.

[url=https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Indiziertes_Computerspiel]https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Indiziertes_Computerspiel[/url]

http://www.bundespruefstelle.de/bpjm/Rechtsfolgen/traegermedien.html
Grargar: Hmmm, I wonder if the Wolfenstein games are regionally-locked for Germans...
JudasIscariot: Unfortunately, they are :(
i guess there's always piracy as usual :P
===

not sure if the wolfies are worth 10 bucks. Q3 rather pointless without multiplayer online and overpriced ,since Quake Live is F2P(but with paywalled features). and i wished ALL gog games didn't need CD-keys for certain features. define DRM?
Oh no, why won't you sell to us Germans? That is really sad!
DanielRuf: RTCW is on list A as far as I know, so persons older than 18 years are allowed to buy it.
Even if they are on list B, you are allowed to import them.

[url=https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Indiziertes_Computerspiel]https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Indiziertes_Computerspiel[/url]
I love the fact that the USK gave that version of the game a "16" rating and the BPJS still put it on the index.
Senteria: Damn, I feel very bad for the germans. Hop over the border to my place. Only 10 km from the border of Germany so you can buy the games.
What games?? At least I would do an other thing if I would hop over to Netherlands hehe *coughing*... ;-)
Has anyone tried the mutiplayer mode for RTCW yet?