It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Powers in the Basement is a 5-6 hours long point & click adventure game, deliberately reminiscent of the great classics from the 80s and 90s, with a specific sweet spot for LucasArts production.

And the best thing is, you can now grab it for free in our store! Moreover, if you’d like to support the team behind the game, you can grab its Extended Soundtrack.

In Powers in the Basement the main protagonist is Will Phail – a fifteen-year-old like many others: lazy, spoiled, and phlegmatic. But he has one thing that others lack: he's useless!

Experience Will's drama as he searches for his favorite T-shirt so he can hang out with his friends trying to defend his already compromised reputation. Dodge lazy grandparents, mischievous rats, and carnivorous plants, and find the courage to descend into the frightening basement, where powers beyond understanding lurk, waiting to be awakened!

Check out this nostalgic love letter to the genre’s classics and bring back your childhood for a while.
high rated
Freebie? Thank you!
Thank you for the free game .
I have heard good things about this one.
GOG.com: Release: Powers in the Basement available for free!
Ooh, nice!
Thanks, GOG and Illiterate Code Games.
Much appreciated.

Edit:
GOG.com: set in a pseudo-fantasy world in which the medieval fairytale is punctuated by anachronisms, elements of modernity, and absurd references to nerd pop culture.
Well, that's definitely true.
Post edited January 24, 2024 by BreOl72
Aand redeemed&supported, thank you for the freebie, GOG! :)

BTW, it wrongly shows while buying that you have unsupported version if windows (I have the very same version it shows amongst recommended, yet I get this warning)
Attachments:
Post edited January 24, 2024 by Tarhiel
Free point 'n' click? Count me in, thank you!
Tarhiel: BTW, it wrongly shows while buying that you have unsupported version if windows (I have the very same version it shows amongst recommended, yet I get this warning)
I don't think that it is able to detect the version – it seems that a flag is wrong and the checkout system thinks that the game does not work on Windows at all. We've had that for some Linux games for years.
high rated
Looks good. Thank you.
Tarhiel: BTW, it wrongly shows while buying that you have unsupported version if windows
The problem seems to be the soundtrack DLC, which is labeled, Works on: Windows () without the versions specified in between the parentheses.
I remember this one. Got stuck and never finished it, so "reminiscent of the great classics from the 80s and 90s" indeed :D
Thank you for the free game, GOG and Illiterate Code Games. :)
Thanks for the free game, I'll definetly grab the soundtrack too! :)
Thanks a lot — Much appreciated!
Thanks for allowing another free game onto the store GOG! As always, I hope we'll get more highly-desired freeware titles in the future, like Death Rally, Dreamweb, SimCity 1, etc.
Looks fun! And you can't argue with the price :)