It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gather your party, and continue the tale...

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> of a two-part expansion to the modern cRPG wonder, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. To celebrate the start of this exciting new epic, you can save 33% on <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> until Friday, August 28!

Pillars of Eternity: The White March is here to make a huge game even more unbelievably huge. Whether you're still in the middle of a playthrough, or completely maxed out - there's something here to make your experience not just bigger, but also more enjoyable. The White March is set to span two complete expansions: Part I is available today, but you can also grab the full Expansion Pass right away at a reduced price! For a bit more extra goodness, you can begin enjoying your complimentary Space Piglet - the bonus DLC (Space Piglet & Gaun's Pledge Ring) is free for all White March owners!

A new story awaits, injected seamlessly into the base experience for you to start on your playthrough - or jump into without restarting. Fear not though, because it's a long and self-contained story with a satisfying ending, you won't feel like you're missing out if Part 1 is all that you play. Inside your expanded game you'll also find two new fascinating companions: Devil of Caric. a dark human Construct on a bloody quest for revenge, and Zahua - a hippy monk who really only showed up by accident. With these new companions, and the newly introduced Soulbound weapons (which become stronger with time), perhaps you'll be ready to take on the new challenges that await.

Experienced players will receive tons of high-level, end-game content and a level cap raised to 14. New boss fights, new strongholds and bounties, and a gigantic dragon that's going to kill you, really.

The many UI and gameplay improvements introduced in the expansion will also carry over to the base game, so either way you will now be able to turn-up your roleplay and tone-down the micromanagement with new AI options for companions (as well as enemies, things can't be too easy).

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> and <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Expansion Pass</span> are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The discount on Pillars of Eternity will last until Friday, August 28, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:

Haven't gotten that far along in the plot, or just prefer to see it before you get it? The brave Classicor is taking on the challenge of facing the White March at Twitch.tv/GOGcom this Friday, August 28th, at 2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT. Join him!
HunchBluntley: The same is true for The Witcher 3's Expansion Pass & Free DLC Program. And yet people who are interested in any of the standalone soundtracks sold here have to buy the base game in order to get the music.... :/
I have a hunch that this occurred for some very specific reasons. In the case of Witcher 3, it occurred because they wanted retail users to be able to buy it before the release of Witcher 3 (as it wasn't yet known that the retail version would ship with a GOG code) and it would be impossible for them to purchase it with the typical restrictions in place. In the case of Pillars of Eternity, I heard that people who bought the game from GOG itself were shown as not owning any of the versions here, thus if the typical restrictions applied, they wouldn't be able to buy it as well.
Will use my backer code when I get back.
Grargar: I have a hunch that this occurred for some very specific reasons. In the case of Witcher 3, it occurred because they wanted retail users to be able to buy it before the release of Witcher 3 (as it wasn't yet known that the retail version would ship with a GOG code) and it would be impossible for them to purchase it with the typical restrictions in place. In the case of Pillars of Eternity, I heard that people who bought the game from GOG itself were shown as not owning any of the versions here, thus if the typical restrictions applied, they wouldn't be able to buy it as well.
Any hunch about the "soundtracks-as-DLC" foolishness? I mean, other than "They hate money!" ;)
HunchBluntley: Any hunch about the "soundtracks-as-DLC" foolishness? I mean, other than "They hate money!" ;)
Who knows. Maybe it requires a license for them or something to be selling it standalone. Then again, GamersGate (but not Steam), seems to be able to sell them separately just fine, so who knows.
Grargar: Who knows. Maybe it requires a license for them or something to be selling it standalone. Then again, GamersGate (but not Steam), seems to be able to sell them separately just fine, so who knows.
Maybe there's some shadowy, yet influential, digital music sellers' guild that they'd have to pay a fee to if they wanted to start selling game soundtracks as standalone items, so they did an end-run around that by structuring them as DLC. (I'm only half-joking, here. =D )
GOG Downloader links :
Pillars of Eternity - Linux - DLC
-----------------------------------------
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I Windows installer, English
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I Mac OS X installer, English
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I Linux installer, English
Just saying.
Attachments:
pil.jpg (64 Kb)
What tier of Kickstarter backers get codes for the expansion?
Post edited August 25, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: What tier of Kickstarter backers get codes for the expansion?
Hm, I believe every Kickstarter backer had the opportunity to buy the expansion as an add-on to their pledge for $20.
This is more of a general question about PoE gameplay. I noticed that the level cap is going from 12 to 14 with the first half of the expansion. For a long game, this implies to me that every level-up should feel pretty epic, with an immediately noticeable increase in power. (Like waiting with bated breath for your BG1 mage to finally get Fireball and start pulling his/her weight in the party.)

In practice, does it work out this way in PoE? Did you feel like you'd really achieved something with each level-up, or does it just become a slog that doesn't seem very rewarding once you get there?
Telika: snip
It's funny to see how I was notified 753 times about Dragonsphere's OST being updated and, if it wasn't for your post, I wouldn't know I could dowload the 2.0 patch already. Thank you very much!
Thanks been looking forward to this!
Barry_Woodward: What tier of Kickstarter backers get codes for the expansion?
I believe it was the $165 tier, but as Nergal01 mentioned, it was also possible to add it later as well for $20.
How much the game cost in USA?
Xray_StyleZ: How much the game cost in USA?
Base game on Promo (33% discount): Hero edition, $29.99; Champion edition, $39.99; Royal Edition, $59.99.

The White March Part 1 only: $14.99

The White March Expansion Pass (Part 1 now + Part 2 when released): $24.99
Post edited August 25, 2015 by Luned
PaterAlf: So we get episodic DLCs now? Modern game industry never ceases to amaze me.
It's not new. Expansion packs existed for a long time. We aren't talking about some stupid horse armor add-ons which should have been in the game from the start, but full blown expansions which are developed after the game is released. Baldur's Gate had those.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by shmerl