It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pathologic 2 is now available, DRM-free. Owners of Pathologic Classic HD can get Pathologic 2 10% off until May 31st, 10pm UTC.

Pathologic 2 is a narrative-driven dramatic thriller about fighting a deadly outbreak in a secluded rural town. The town is dying. Face the realities of a collapsing society as you make difficult choices in seemingly lose-lose situations. The plague isn’t just a disease. You can’t save everyone.
low rated
I'll check the torrent of it, just to see if they bothered with key rebindings this time...
Not buying until there's word as to whether or not the 2 other playable characters are included or paid DLC
Bigs: Not buying until there's word as to whether or not the 2 other playable characters are included or paid DLC
This. I wanna buy a complete game and not early access or GaaS.

Or is buying a finished game at full price these days an outdated concept?
Is this game a completely new sequel or some kind of a reworked version of the first game? I mean it wasn't exactly clear to me from the information given around the announcement of this game, but then I didn't really look more into it, so I don't know.
XYCat: Is this game a completely new sequel or some kind of a reworked version of the first game? I mean it wasn't exactly clear to me from the information given around the announcement of this game, but then I didn't really look more into it, so I don't know.
It's a remake of the first one, which makes the name Pathologic 2 confusing.
At least they didn't just call it Pathologic again, I suppose.
XYCat: Is this game a completely new sequel or some kind of a reworked version of the first game? I mean it wasn't exactly clear to me from the information given around the announcement of this game, but then I didn't really look more into it, so I don't know.
Snolus: It's a remake of the first one, which makes the name Pathologic 2 confusing.
At least they didn't just call it Pathologic again, I suppose.
I didn't realize this was a remake. I already own a remaster of the original. I suppose I'll wait and see what kind of case people make for thise being worthwhile if you already own the original.
deleted
Post edited May 24, 2019 by RIP.GOG.com
high rated
Zoidberg: I'll check the torrent of it, just to see if they bothered with key rebindings this time...
good news everybody
Attachments:
Zoidberg: I'll check the torrent of it, just to see if they bothered with key rebindings this time...
slamdunk: good news everybody
Alleluia!

What about that Language section? Any way to set voice over and subtitles/text to different languages?
What's the difference between 1 and 2? I know they said something like: "its the same play, only actors play different characters" or something.

Also, is the gameplay better?
options are English and Russian

you have options for Text, Voice, and Subtitle which are independent of each other. as such, I probably plan on playing it for the first time with Russian language being spoken but English text and subtitles. no other languages AFAIK

in the Audio options, there's an additional two options for Subtitles and Dialog Subtitles, which I'm not really sure what the difference is yet, but I think it has to do with people speaking to you directly vs. speaking out in the open
Mafwek: What's the difference between 1 and 2? I know they said something like: "its the same play, only actors play different characters" or something.

Also, is the gameplay better?
it's kind of in between a remake and a sequel. sort of like a "reimagining"

combat is CLUNKY and will probably very much so need to be improved. your needs meters are mean but I'm just dinking around exploring on Day 1 with no regard for the plot
Post edited May 24, 2019 by slamdunk
RIP.GOG.com: I think demo should be mentioned in the news.

Also, how is the demo size 11.8 GB while the full game size is 11.6 GB?
Quite likely the model and sound assets are contained within the data files for both, but the game is scripted to end at a certain point in the demo.
slamdunk: good news everybody
I suppose I'd better ask if they have an option for reverse Y-axis.
I don't have any reason to think they wouldn't, but I've been burned before, so I'm asking.
I seldom, if at all, write negatively about new releases.
But in this case I think people should probably read that, before they buy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathologic_2

Quote: Pathologic 2 is an adventure game by Ice-Pick Lodge and published by tinyBuild.
Originally planned as a remake of the 2005 video game Pathologic, it has been set to be a complete reimagining of the original game.
The game is planned to be released in three parts, each one dedicated to the story of one of the three main characters.
The first part telling the story of Haruspex was released 23 May 2019.

Also: The developers claim that there are enough changes and innovations in the game to call it a separate game and not a remake.

To be honest, I don't really get it...there was the original Pathologic (2005), then came Pathologic Classic HD (2015 - https://www.gog.com/game/pathologic_classic_hd), and now this "reimagination" of the original game.

I mean - ok - if you (unlike me, and I'm sure: lots of others here) don't own any of the previous versions already...than a purchase may be fine, but...I really don't like to see a "reimagined" version of an old game advertized as "part 2", especially if said "part 2" is in itself only the first of three planned (!) episodes.

Sorry for this release-thread-rant.