It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alien nation.

Outcast - Second Contact is now available 45% off until February 5, 2PM UTC.
Welcome back to the open world of Adelpha, now looking and handling better than ever! Join smug, gruff, and resourceful military man Cutter Slade as he finds himself stranded on this fascinating alien planet, both hunted and revered by the warring local factions.

Rebuilt from the ground up, this is a complete remake which perfectly captures the sense of exploration, challenge, and discovery that the beloved original is known for.
Doing a remake of a 19 year old game and then not making it multi-platform in 2018. Why?!
Do we ever get to know why we get this delay and silence between Steam and GoG release.

It is frustrating, because it skews figures. Makes GoG appear less popular than it is.

There will be plenty of gamers who would have wanted a GoG release, but would have bought on Steam thinking its never coming.
mechmouse: Do we ever get to know why we get this delay and silence between Steam and GoG release.
Galaxy ?
mechmouse: Do we ever get to know why we get this delay and silence between Steam and GoG release.
i_hope_you_rot: Galaxy ?
unlikely
i_hope_you_rot: Why should i vaste my money on a remake when i already own the original ?
I find the remake far more playable than the original. So if you are new to the game, I definitely recommend the remake. If you think the original is good enough, then there's no reason to buy it.
Really bad price in my region...
Klumpen0815: Doing a remake of a 19 year old game and then not making it multi-platform in 2018. Why?!
Oh, not impressed :-( And here I was going to wishlist it for later as my current processor falls well below minimum required.

The original was not good looking enough for my taste. I like my 3D pretty. This one could be alright for me.

Have patches fixed it enough to make it playable?
Woot!

It only did it come to GOG, but the launch sale is long enough to end after I get paid.

Pretty uncommon on GOG, your sales usually end a day or two before I have money :'(
Picked this up for Xbox One recently, might grab it here on GOG as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but the remake doesn't look like it uses voxels. That was a big part of what made the original stand out so much, as very few games then (or even now) use true voxel engines. Besides the original Outcast, the Perimeter series is probably one of the best examples.

edit: typo
Post edited January 29, 2018 by IAmSinistar
i_hope_you_rot: Why should i vaste my money on a remake when i already own the original ?
tomimt: I find the remake far more playable than the original. So if you are new to the game, I definitely recommend the remake. If you think the original is good enough, then there's no reason to buy it.
I also watched some videos and from it I have the same feeling, that the remake is much more "player" friendly.
Vythonaut: Also, the remake's trailer "screams" Star Wars; wonder if it's just me...
SeduceMePlz: I got a Star Wars vibe, too. I think it's the music.
Yeah, must be the music in conjunction with the various sound effects.
Does this mean that the original will be bundled with the new version, and also—since we're talking about the original—why hasn't it been on sale since, what, 2013? I'm talking about the GOG version, because the Steam version is regularly on sale.
Ghorpm: Weeeell... I can already see how it will be: start playing Outcast - Second Contact, play for 15 minutes, install the original and complete it within 30 hours. Half a year later give a second chance to Second Contact, play it for half an hour and install the original... so yeah at the moment I won't buy it, I'll just play the original instead ;)
Couldn't get into the original (despite getting it twice :P).
And I have trouble being asked to pay more from a fellow Belgian dev team. :P
Post edited January 29, 2018 by Zoidberg
trusteft: From the store page and I quote: Outcast – Second Contact is the complete remake of the cult title Outcast. As the first 3D open world in the history of video games

So they are just lying now? lol
Not sure how I feel about the prospect of buying this remake when they just lie lol.

I guess none of the Elite games were open world 3D for them, or a variety of RPGs, or MidWinter, Flames of Freedom, Carrier Command. Yeah they might had been open world and 3D, a decade + before 1999 but hey, don't let facts get in the way lol.

EDIT: Why stop there, call it the first work of fiction set in an alien world. Might as well lol.
I assume they mean a 3D engine. Yes, there were numerous games that featured 3D movement or were played from a from a first-person perspective, but I'm not aware of any big ones using actual 3D graphics for basically all objects and terrain features. But I have no idea if Outcast was 100% the first. Then again, there might be some other minor qualifications to the claim that they left out of the marketing blurbs for brevity's sake.

Also -- technically, open space =/= open world. =P
MightyPinecone: Does this mean that the original will be bundled with the new version, [...]
If it wasn't done on this game's release, it probably won't happen (at least, not any time soon). Besides, the two games are officially handled by two different publishers here.
Post edited January 29, 2018 by HunchBluntley
Does the remake also feature the original soundtrack played by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra and Choir?