It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Objects in Space is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until March 15th, 2pm UTC.

Objects in Space is a retro space game centred on 2D point-and-click stealth action in a massive open world. Players have their own customisable ships and can meet people, become a trader, bounty hunter, explorer, scavenger or all of them at once.
Seems interesting. Pop!
Seems like positioned in Space Wars (tm) Universe.
Lovely gameplay idea. Sounds really awesome.

I hope that this sells good enough to warrant a visual more modern looking version with a customizable TPP character. Would totally buy that one.
Now this looks cool!
while im not usually a stealth fan this seems really interesting. wishlisted
high rated
This looks really cool.

@GOG: "Make every game shine" remember? I almost missed this. Put the news on the top left of the front page again please, as a long column stretching down, maybe even with "infinite scrolling" into the past. I rarely ever use the frontpage now, the forum is a better place to see new releases (and this also only because of the *pop* posts) - this can't be your intention, right?
Neat.

I don't like the combat aspect, but maybe there's more to it?
toxicTom: @GOG: "Make every game shine" remember? I almost missed this. Put the news on the top left of the front page again please, as a long column stretching down, maybe even with "infinite scrolling" into the past. I rarely ever use the frontpage now, the forum is a better place to see new releases (and this also only because of the *pop* posts) - this can't be your intention, right?
Another thing they dropped, that. Now release posts are just a couple of lines, as you can see, hardly anything to go on about the game. And, of course, buried down there and scrolling completely off the front page almost right away now that they come in bunches like this (last visible post now is the Varnhold's Lot release from yesterday). And they seem to appear late on the new tab in the front page games list, this and Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden not being there now.
GOG.com: Objects in Space is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until March 15th, 2pm UTC.

Objects in Space is a retro space game centred on 2D point-and-click stealth action in a massive open world. Players have their own customisable ships and can meet people, become a trader, bounty hunter, explorer, scavenger or all of them at once.
Looks cool. Sounds even better. I'm not a fan of stealth though, so IDK. =\
I'll wait to see some reviews and/or a deep discount before jumping onboard.
Looks kinda like Morrowind....

IN SPPPPAAAACCCCEEEE!!!!
And even vampires, hey? It does look interesting. Why at least an i5 processor, though? I can still take chances on games asking for an i3, but I don't know about this one. The mem and graphic specs are within my old clunker's range. Have to wait for a sale anyway, but I guess I'll keep it on my wishlist for now.
Not many replies....
Purchased. :)

I like stealth games, and I like old space games such as (especially) Stars! and Starflight. This game appears to perhaps combine some of those themes, so I'll take a chance...
Post edited March 02, 2019 by Martek
This looks like it might be good, if they can pull off the "submarine-like" feeling well enough.

It makes much more sense to have a ship controlled in this way, as opposed to via "visual" windows, especially given the distances involved.

The way repairs are handled seems really interesting too; however it's likely going to be a massive pain keeping track of not only tons of modules, but tons of parts, and tons of variations for those parts, and being able to configure them in many different ways per module. Potentially awesome though.

Hopefully they'll add ship boarding at some point, though that would naturally require a crew. Speaking of, a crew would be awesome too - one would think a helmsman, a weapons officer and possibly a navigator would be a big help to a captain, as opposed to the captain having to do everything themselves...

Anyone tried this, with any more in-depth impressions than the current reviews? Is it truly 688-Attack Sub in space? And can you be a nasty-ass pirate? If so, does this require destroying the ship, or is it possible to accept surrender and just steal their cargo or something?