It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reach out and touch space.

UPDATE: The first No Man's Sky update is now out!
It's a much-awaited bundle of fixes, as well as compatibility and performance improvements and you can grab it now via GOG Galaxy auto-updates, or with the newest offline installers.

<span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span> a massive science-fiction game set in an infinite procedurally generated galaxy, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Note that the game takes place in one persistent PC universe, shared across GOG and Steam.

In an intergalactic society, only the few set off towards the stars — explorers, those unafraid, those with nothing to lose. They set off never to come back as far as any of us are concerned. And thus, we still look up at an infinite sky, now within our reach, yet still untouched — a no man's land, a No Man's Sky.

No Man's Sky promises discovery of an infinite, uncharted universe. Its billions of stars, planets, unknown living creatures, breathtaking sights and lonely wastelands — all seamlessly connected — gradually getting catalogued by explorers drawn to the distant mysteries of the horizon, eager to leave a permanent mark in their wake.

The frontier is merciless and dangerous. Exposed to a universe of extremities in your fragile suit and ship, you'll need resources and upgrades to get far — as well as the means to stand your ground in a fight. Whether you journey to the center of it all or seek out the farthest reaches of existence, the trip will not be simple or dull. You'll catalogue things unseen, discover alien artifacts and reveal the greatest mysteries of the universe. If you survive.

Calibrate your suits for extreme insomnia, reach out and touch the <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com!
JudasIscariot: Let me guess, you are using an AMD Phenom processor? Just guessing because, from what I see, that was one of the more contentious issues with the game.
OSH1980: Yes, I have Phenom II X4 965. And this patch *should* fix problems with tle lack of SSE 4.1. in this CPU. But didn't.
As Barleyguy above me stated, please try uninstalling the game, reinstalling from the updated installer ( files: setup_no_mans_sky_2.1.0.3.exe and setup_no_mans_sky_2.1.0.3-1.bin ) and see if that helps matters any.
barleyguy: There are multiple posts from customers on Twitter that say the Patch fixes the Phenom issue.

Have you tried re-installing? Since the Phenom issue basically requires a new build, a reinstall might be better than patching.
OSH1980: Yes. I uninstalled whole game, download from the GOG site new build (GOG-3) and install. And I have still CTD on Hello Games screen. When I'm using SSE4.1 emulator I have crash on Initializing screen (before this patch I can play, but with big loss of FPS caused by emulator).
Are you running this emulator with the new version?
Post edited August 18, 2016 by JudasIscariot
OSH1980: Yes, I have Phenom II X4 965. And this patch *should* fix problems with tle lack of SSE 4.1. in this CPU. But didn't.
JudasIscariot: As Barleyguy above me stated, please try uninstalling the game, reinstalling from the updated installer ( files: setup_no_mans_sky_2.1.0.3.exe and setup_no_mans_sky_2.1.0.3-1.bin ) and see if that helps matters any.
OSH1980: Yes. I uninstalled whole game, download from the GOG site new build (GOG-3) and install. And I have still CTD on Hello Games screen. When I'm using SSE4.1 emulator I have crash on Initializing screen (before this patch I can play, but with big loss of FPS caused by emulator).
JudasIscariot: Are you running this emulator with the new version?
Yes. I'm running emulator. Without this - I have crash on Hello Games Logo.
JudasIscariot: As Barleyguy above me stated, please try uninstalling the game, reinstalling from the updated installer ( files: setup_no_mans_sky_2.1.0.3.exe and setup_no_mans_sky_2.1.0.3-1.bin ) and see if that helps matters any.

OSH1980: Yes. I'm running emulator. Without this - I have crash on Hello Games Logo.
Perhaps I would go a bit further, uninstall the game, run something like wise reg cleaner to clean your registry, look in the .App and your personal folders for stuff that may have been put there by the previous installer.

I do not own the game, perhaps someone else can comment, if the No Man's Sky installer writes files other places than the specified install location.
Post edited August 18, 2016 by MaGo72

OSH1980: Yes. I'm running emulator. Without this - I have crash on Hello Games Logo.
The emulator and the patch are redundant. You should not run them together.
barleyguy: The emulator and the patch are redundant. You should not run them together.
But without this emulator I have CTD on Hello Games logo screen!
JudasIscariot: Are you running this emulator with the new version?
After another useless download of 2,8 GB of installation data, I tried a complete reinstall, but without solving anything! Either GOG did not get the same patch as Steam did or ... anyway the only people playing with Phenoms seem to be on Steam or using an illegal Crack. Anybody can confirm otherwise?

I would like you guys from GOG to get officially in contact with Hello Games and let them provide the same game version build that works on Phenoms. I don't know what this current GOG-version is, but it seems definitely not the "right" patch for the SSE-problem. This is definitely hurting GOG's reputation once again, especially because patching always takes longer here. I know that it is not always your fault, but tell that the whiny and angry customer. ;-)

It even seems the beta-channel was deactivated again for the game in Galaxy (it is greyed out and cannot be switched) which was open for the last few days, although the game never downloaded any beta-build through the channel. It is a whole week tomorrow and I don't want to wait the full 30 days until I finally go for refund which GOG will deny by then because the specification on the website were not correctly specifying necessary chipset feature sets like SSE4.1 (let alone SSSE3) when I purchased the game.
Post edited August 18, 2016 by Quasebarth
The patch does not fix the SSE4.1 issue causing the crash on the Hello Games logo. If it did fix for anyone, please speak up.
Wishbone: But Galaxy doesn't download the whole game again, just the files that have changed. As such, GOG must necessarily know which files they are.
Then either the devs or GOG would have to package up an exe that does basically the same thing as Galaxy is doing and selectively replace the files (which is how many patches work, though some go further and directly modify existing files as well). My guess is that the devs somehow pushed to new files straight to Galaxy and didn't bother to package them in a standalone patch friendly way. Though this is all speculation, as I don't know the precise working mechanism of the Galaxy patch pipeliner.

I do maintain however that the frantic activity on the dev side is probably the reason they are just pushing changes straight through and not taking the time to build standalone patches. Doesn't excuse it, but perhaps explains it.

EDIT: And an apology if it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what a patch does, when it's very clear you already know. I'm just musing out loud. :)
Post edited August 18, 2016 by IAmSinistar
Agreed. After researching through twitter, Steam and other outlets including these forums it seems the GOG patch and the steam patch are different. Essentially the Steam patch fixes SSE4.1 and the GOG one does not(the release numbers are different it appears as well). I am in the same boat that I can't run the game from the new GOG patch but I can from a crack of the new steam patch. Makes no sense how/why they are giving different versions to different platforms, especially ones that don't solve the core issues (CTD).
IAmSinistar: EDIT: And an apology if it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what a patch does, when it's very clear you already know. I'm just musing out loud. :)
Hehe, given that I do software development for a living, yes, I know what a patch does ;-)
Wishbone: Hehe, given that I do software development for a living, yes, I know what a patch does ;-)
You and me both, matey. Though I hate writing them. So much nicer (for me) to just release the whole ball of wax again. For the user, less so. ;)
After a week and we still don't have the same version Steam users have. This means that there are people who still can't launch the game.
barleyguy: The emulator and the patch are redundant. You should not run them together.
OSH1980: But without this emulator I have CTD on Hello Games logo screen!
Then the patch isn't working. Running them together doesn't accomplish anything other than obscuring the test of whether it's working though.
11pm in Poland. We will have to wait for them to wake up, fresh and relaxed, put their slippers on, shuffle downstairs to the kitchen....put the kettle on... read the newspaper... take a dump... feed the cat.... I could go on... this is how I feel GOG operates. They aren't operating on a professional level. The sun goes down, they put the closed sign on the door. The weekend comes, they close and go to the beach. Meanwhile, the international game store/platform that they are responsible for is not manned, and customers around the world are left in the lurch. You can't have it both ways, you can't be "Big Time" running your business like a shop from the '80s.
OSH1980: But without this emulator I have CTD on Hello Games logo screen!
barleyguy: Then the patch isn't working. Running them together doesn't accomplish anything other than obscuring the test of whether it's working though.
No, it isn't - after the patch the crash at the HG logo returned. I manually reverted back to 1.03 and re-copied the cracked 3rd experimental steam patch, now it works OK again.