It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Raze against the machine.

<span class="bold">Nex Machina</span>, an explosive arcade shooter where you annihilate hordes of disobedient machines, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

The robot apocalypse is here and it's on you to avert the extermination of all humanity. Clear 100+ levels of voxel-made mechanical hordes, unlock new powerups, secrets, and challenges to overthrow our mechanical overlords. If you need some help, feel free to recruit your 100% human friends in local co-op, or crush their feeble high scores instead.

The 20% discount will last until July 05, 1PM UTC.

--Reviews Roundup--

God Is a Geek gave the game a glowing <span class="bold">review</span>, concluding that "Housemark are the kings of the shoot-em-up genre and Nex Machina is perhaps the brightest jewel in their crown".

Gamespot calls it "brutal and totally satisfying", <span class="bold">awarding it an impressive 9/10</span>.

Eurogamer has <span class="bold">nothing but praise</span> for it, proclaiming that "Housemarque has just made the game of its career".

HardcoreGamer <span class="bold">loved their stay in its flashy arenas</span>, giving it a 4.5/5 and saying that "Nex Machina is an utterly fantastic arcade twin-stick shooter that doesn't so much revolutionize the genre as get almost every aspect just right".

Watch the explosive trailer.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
It seems silly to have to ask this, but does it support Mouse-WASD controls?
Now this looks like proper "Ye Olde fashioned" arcade gaming as it is supposed to be.

Watching the trailer felt like i was back at the 1980's seaside arcades... INSTABUY! :D
WoW, did not see this coming here. Will buy it on GoG, if the game gets patched to support Phenom II.

Will ask same question here as well. If a dev from Housemarque is here:

Will the team patch the game for Phenom II (supported instructions set) in the future or not?
I mean many devs patch'ed theirs in few days others in 1-2 weeks. Just asking you plan in forseable future to do so.
Cheers.
Midnight_Wolf: Now this looks like proper "Ye Olde fashioned" arcade gaming as it is supposed to be.

Watching the trailer felt like i was back at the 1980's seaside arcades... INSTABUY! :D
There's a good reason for that: They brought Eugene Jarvis on as a consultant while making it.

Edit: Ah, it's right there in the trailer, too :)
Post edited June 21, 2017 by andysheets1975
Ugh. I bought this on Steam yesterday not knowing that it'll be out here. Not sure if I just missed it, or if it just wasn't in the list of upcoming games. Again.

It's hard to stay upset about that though, because the game itself is fantastic.
Just FYI "Arena Mode" is completely locked, saying it can't reach a server. While the gameplay has been pretty satisfying, you guys really need to patch this to work offline, especially since there's no online multiplayer to rely on.

Also Fullscreen locks the fps to 45-50ish and Borderless Fullscreen doesn't fill the whole screen, leaving about 20 pixels off the bottom and right sides on a 1920x1080 monitor.

EDIT: Borderless seems to be fixed on restarting the game, though now I've noticed that I can't even see my own score in the menus. It just says "N/A". This isn't really fair to non Galaxy/Steam users and makes the game feel broken. I understand that you can't pull leaderboards (even though you really should) without Galaxy, but not being able to see my own score REALLY needs a patch. The non-editable "Player 1" in the top left next to some number that never changes looks pretty broken too.

The general gameplay is great, but once I beat the final world and I'm only left with fake achievements that don't do anything, this becomes a similar treatment to ClusterTruck. I think it's fair to say that nobody here wants to be treated like that.
Post edited June 21, 2017 by Bonsewswesa
HK_47: Ugh. I bought this on Steam yesterday not knowing that it'll be out here. Not sure if I just missed it, or if it just wasn't in the list of upcoming games. Again.

It's hard to stay upset about that though, because the game itself is fantastic.
It's not you, GOG likes to keep releases a surprise so you can buy them elsewhere first.
Oh my! The first reviewer calls it "the closest to Robotron in spirit I've ever played".
Dear GOG,

Now the rest of the Housemarque DOS/Windows-catalogue; especially The Reap, Alien Incident and Boarder Zone a.k.a. Supreme Snowboarding...

Pretty please? :)
Colorful, but not my thing.
This looks fantastic. Will there be a Linux version??
Shadowcat: This looks fantastic. Will there be a Linux version??

Currently it is not in our plans, but if the game proves successful we may explore it more.
^Response from a dev account on the Steam forums.
Bonsewswesa: Just FYI "Arena Mode" is completely locked, saying it can't reach a server. While the gameplay has been pretty satisfying, you guys really need to patch this to work offline, especially since there's no online multiplayer to rely on.
Just arena mode? I can't even connect to the leaderbords, so no high scores for me. Saving the score is critical in this type of game. Why release it, if the server's aren't ready?

Anyone else with this problem? Developers please, what is wrong, are the servers down in some regions, or is it on my end? I tried repairing the installation in Galaxy and deleting %APPDATA%\Nex Machina.

Edit: I figured this out myself: I had a virtual switch configured in Hyper-V's Virtual Switch Manager (in Windows 10 Pro). I removed the switch, and now the game can access the network.
Post edited June 21, 2017 by mikat76
Meh. I can understand that the leaderboards need online connectivity, but to also gate off something like arena mode, which is really the only thing going for its replayability, is just pants. Guess I'll give it a pass.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by mistermumbles
mikat76: Just arena mode? I can't even connect to the leaderbords, so no high scores for me. Saving the score is critical in this type of game. Why release it, if the server's aren't ready? Anyone else with this problem?
...yes. As I clearly stated in the post you replied to.

Bonsewswesa: ...I can't even see my own score in the menus. It just says "N/A".