It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Raze against the machine.

<span class="bold">Nex Machina</span>, an explosive arcade shooter where you annihilate hordes of disobedient machines, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

The robot apocalypse is here and it's on you to avert the extermination of all humanity. Clear 100+ levels of voxel-made mechanical hordes, unlock new powerups, secrets, and challenges to overthrow our mechanical overlords. If you need some help, feel free to recruit your 100% human friends in local co-op, or crush their feeble high scores instead.

The 20% discount will last until July 05, 1PM UTC.

--Reviews Roundup--

God Is a Geek gave the game a glowing <span class="bold">review</span>, concluding that "Housemark are the kings of the shoot-em-up genre and Nex Machina is perhaps the brightest jewel in their crown".

Gamespot calls it "brutal and totally satisfying", <span class="bold">awarding it an impressive 9/10</span>.

Eurogamer has <span class="bold">nothing but praise</span> for it, proclaiming that "Housemarque has just made the game of its career".

HardcoreGamer <span class="bold">loved their stay in its flashy arenas</span>, giving it a 4.5/5 and saying that "Nex Machina is an utterly fantastic arcade twin-stick shooter that doesn't so much revolutionize the genre as get almost every aspect just right".

Watch the explosive trailer.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
Awesome - instabuy :)
What a nice surprise. It'd be great if it didn't have to be a surprise every time.

EDIT: Can anyone tell me if those animated cutscenes are in the game, or just the marketing? They look really nice.
Post edited June 20, 2017 by Bonsewswesa
Wonderful news! Housemarque is on GOG! I hope that we can see their old classics here too like Super Stardust, Alien Incident & The Reap from the mid & late 90s.
GOG.com: The 20% discount for the base game will last until July 05, 1PM UTC.
You are talking about "base game". So can we expect DLCs in the near future (because right at the moment I can't see any)?
GOG.com: The 20% discount for the base game will last until July 05, 1PM UTC.
PaterAlf: You are talking about "base game". So can we expect DLCs in the near future (because right at the moment I can't see any)?
Damn it. Yeah, that was just a mistake on my part. Got confused because of The Crimson Court shenanigans. Fixed now :)
Great to see Housemarque show up here, I hope more of their catalog will show up on GOG alongside Nex Machina eventually.
Housemarque? Cool!
I'm impressed. GOG's actually been getting the games I want to play.
I have some questions regarding GOG version:

1- Do you need GOG Galaxy to access Online functions?
2- Are the leaderborards shared with Steam users?
3- If yes, how can I see records from my Steam friends?
4- Is the game updated at same time of Steam version? (e.g. is "Hotfix - v1.04 0027" available on GOG version?)

Thank you very much.
SixelAlexiS: I have some questions regarding GOG version:

4- Is the game updated at same time of Steam version? (e.g. is "Hotfix - v1.04 0027" available on GOG version?)

Thank you very much.
For achivements and leaderboards Galaxy is usually (always?) required. Updates are often delayed on GOG could be days or longer, depends on the dev. Only the dev can really answer that though.
DRM-FREE. No activation or online connection required to play.
Minimum system requirements - [snip]
[...]
Network: Broadband Internet connection
I realize it probably just means it "requires" an Internet connection if you want to make use of leaderboards, etc., but it still gives the wrong impression without any kind of note to that effect.
And this is not the first game card on which I've noticed this discrepancy.
SixelAlexiS: I have some questions regarding GOG version:

Thank you very much.
amund: For achivements and leaderboards Galaxy is usually (always?) required. Updates are often delayed on GOG could be days or longer, depends on the dev. Only the dev can really answer that though.
mmm... honestly with Galaxy the all DRM free is a bit pointless... i still need a launcher for online functions instead of use the .exe whenever i want...
I like the style, but talk about visual overload. Just watching the launch trailer gives me a bit of a headache.
amund: Updates are often delayed on GOG could be days or longer, depends on the dev. Only the dev can really answer that though.
I'm not a dev, but looks like the game was updated to 0027 at the same time in here and Steam. I hope this continues, I'm expecting a lot of patches as the game was just released.

But the leadertboards are not working for some reason..?