It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Outrunning oppression.

<span class="bold">Mirror's Edge&trade;</span>, the energetic free-running action game with the striking visual design, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

The gleaming, utopian appearance of the city cannot fool Faith. She's seen how things are run around here, with everyday activity being monitored closely and sensitive pieces of information constantly changing hands high above the oblivious citizens. Now her sister is being framed for a crime she didn't commit and Faith must employ every bit of her resourcefulness and parkour talents to run the rooftops, avoid the authorities, and expose the truth.
The revolutionary first-person running mechanics and intense hand-to-hand combat make Mirror's Edge™ into a spectacular action romp, boosted by its pristine aesthetics and unmatched sense of flow. Leap, climb, race, and slide across the dangerous cityscape, always staying mindful of your surroundings and occasionally being ready to flee rather than fight, when the situation grows desperate.

Navigate Faith through high-speed chases atop the city's skyscrapers and discover what's hiding behind the <span class="bold">Mirror's Edge&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until September 29, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5YX3yB5cHQ
Post edited September 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
Awesome gog :)

now please try to get black and white 1+2 (+addons) from EA ;)
skeletonbow: I did some more poking around and from what I've been able to find it turns out that there is no GST/HST/PST charged in Canada on digital goods purchased from foreign companies. I didn't find an official government website page on it, but I found some articles about it on Michael Geist's website whom is a popular lawyer/legal expert/blogger in Canada about legal matters pertaining to online copyrights and other issues so it is probably reliable.

I hope it stays that way too, digital taxes would really suck, and I would definitely buy less digital goods if they were taxed here. :)
Looks like both you and the online distributors are lucky, then!
Tyrrhia: Looks like both you and the online distributors are lucky, then!
For the time being at least. Hope it stays that way too... but you know governments.... :)
Oh yes! A very excellent gem right here. I have had loads of fun with Mirror's Edge on steam and I recommend it highly to any FPS fan.

Thank you GOG and EA!

Getting Catalyst too to GOG would be fantastically awesome. I'm not going to buy it before it gets here, so please EA, make it happen. OK?

Thank you.
Gengar78: I'd like think this game is an allegory for GOG running away from Freddi Fish 2's release.
Maighstir: Freddi Fish 2 was here for about six hours back in 2009. The servers not only overheated, but actually burned, and GOG felt it was in their best interest to remove it before getting the new servers online again after having most of the staff at the offices 24/7 for a week, some of them going without sleep for three days, and most of those there going into therapy for months. To say that it was utter chaos in that short time is taking it VERY lightly.

All traces of what happened have been removed, and I am taking a great risk posting even this much now. We do not, I repeat NOT want this to happen again.
Attachments:
1.jpg (48 Kb)
2.jpg (281 Kb)
3.jpg (113 Kb)
deonast: Expect a 10% rise in GOG and steam prices to Australia next year when the government gets 10% GST added on top.
Niggles: Love to see how they will enforce it as GOG isnt an Australian company and not subject to australian law. plus its a digital store and doesnt have a physical presences in australia
Yes I would like to see how they would do that too. I've heard mention of fiddling with our internet traffic to blocking or diverting sites they know are not complying. Doubt that would get through the parliament with the current line up. Plus you could just VPN around it.

My guess is they would want it voluntary and try and do deals with various countries to enforce it, so Poland would probably be far down the list :)

Myself I had briefly thought you could just have 10% added on via the bank on foreign payment processors and skip the stores completely, but there would be issues there. You might have Australian sites using foreign processors, especially if they use a hosting service for a storefront (that bundles in API for payment processors). There would be a huge risk of double GSTing store front and bank.

All be a bit of a mess unless it goes by the treaty option and every country jumps on board.
Maighstir: Freddi Fish 2 was here for about six hours back in 2009. The servers not only overheated, but actually burned, and GOG felt it was in their best interest to remove it before getting the new servers online again after having most of the staff at the offices 24/7 for a week, some of them going without sleep for three days, and most of those there going into therapy for months. To say that it was utter chaos in that short time is taking it VERY lightly.

All traces of what happened have been removed, and I am taking a great risk posting even this much now. We do not, I repeat NOT want this to happen again.
Clever, burying this post deep in the bowels of the thread. You've already said too much. GOG will be sending Top Men™ to your door soon to 're-educte' you...

Top. Men™.
Post edited September 25, 2016 by GR00T

Yeah, and Marty McFly took serious personal risks to his life, and his entire family time line in order to travel back in time and make sure it got removed from the store. Fortunately the Delorean was completely destroyed upon returning to the present, and much to his surprise Mirror's Edge was just released on GOG. It's too complex to go into all the details of how the time line got changed to allow that to happen though, and I'm putting myself at risk if I share any more info.
GreAT title

Now EA read please this topic and release Underground and Original Most Wanted here! Thanks.
iRevolt: GreAT title

Now EA read please this topic and release Underground and Original Most Wanted here! Thanks.
No Need for Speed games here ... ever. Because of licensed cars.

GOG can get mostly only these racing games, that have fantasy (named) cars, like Split/Second: Velocity, Xpand Rally series, Big Red Racing, maybe Burnout, Rollcage series, Wipeout XL/2097 (license owned by Sony, don't know, how this would work) etc.

Do you remember, when GOG had for a short time games like Colin McRae Rally 2005 and TOCA3? They had to be removed from the catalog.

Anyway, I am very happy, to see more EA games here, but sadly cannot play thisone because of problems with motion sickness. Oh, well ...
Post edited September 25, 2016 by opIgra
deleted

GR00T: Clever, burying this post deep in the bowels of the thread. You've already said too much. GOG will be sending Top Men™ to your door soon to 're-educte' you...

Top. Men™.
I'm well aware, and have been taking measures. I know more than I've told, they've been after me since it happened, because I was around back then and they've tried to destroy all evidence - I'm thoroughly against history being forgotten, and I'm one of the few left who haven't had their memory erased.
iRevolt: GreAT title

opIgra: No Need for Speed games here ... ever. Because of licensed cars.

GOG can get mostly only these racing games, that have fantasy (named) cars, like Split/Second: Velocity, Xpand Rally series, Big Red Racing, maybe Burnout, Rollcage series, Wipeout XL/2097 (license owned by Sony, don't know, how this would work) etc.

Do you remember, when GOG had for a short time games like Colin McRae Rally 2005 and TOCA3? They had to be removed from the catalog.

Anyway, I am very happy, to see more EA games here, but sadly cannot play thisone because of problems with motion sickness. Oh, well ...
GOG can certainly get games with licensed brands - but only for so long as the publisher's license is still valid.
Fairfox: I boughted this game! It better be good, because raaah, bright colors and parkour. Or is it parkor? Looks odd with a 'u' in it.
"Parkour" is correct, a French term being imported as-is into many languages.

Also, you missed the 'u' in colour :-P
(In that and several other cases, the US spelling is probably more "original", as the u was standardised later when the Brits decided to take inspiration from the French who liked such spellings. Before that standardisation, spelling wasn't considered very important - sort of like modern textspeak, which garble everything to become utterly unreadable.)
Post edited September 25, 2016 by Maighstir
is the physx problem solved in the gog release?
Fairfox: I boughted this game! It better be good, because raaah, bright colors and parkour. Or is it parkor? Looks odd with a 'u' in it.
Maighstir: "Parkour" is correct, a French term being imported as-is into many languages.
Meh. Even though it comes from the French "parcours," it's not really a French term as you can clearly tell by the orthography—young people love to butcher our languages, so that's why it has changed to an anglicised version.
Maighstir: "Parkour" is correct, a French term being imported as-is into many languages.
Tyrrhia: Meh. Even though it comes from the French "parcours," it's not really a French term as you can clearly tell by the orthography—young people love to butcher our languages, so that's why it has changed to an anglicised version.
Oops, sorry about that. I had French in school for about 4 years, but have forgotten just about everything as I never use it (and really wasn't enthused over it back then either).
Post edited September 25, 2016 by Maighstir