It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor…"

Lamplight City is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Haunted by the spirit of his dead partner in a city that's smothering its disenfranchised with promises of technological advancement, P.I. Miles Fordham presses on, following false leads or blind instinct through five murder cases that will challenge his presence of mind.
Missed a clue? It happens. Got sidetracked by a crafty witness? The story will go on, twisting itself around the state of your investigation. What you can't miss, are the overt Gabriel Knight vibes and Edgar Allan Poe ambiance that envelop this Victorian-esque mystery like an alluring mist.
Post edited September 14, 2018 by maladr0Id
low rated
?????????????????? DOLLARS ? :D

and no % off ? ....................
Attachments:
Post edited September 13, 2018 by gamesfreak64
I see the light. :)
gixgox: I see the light. :)
me too .... no % off because its his first game here ? that would make sense :D
but $ ...?

euros please :D unless its cheaper if i pay with euros and pay less euros ?

edit: transaction shows euros :D and 2 euro store credit after purchase
game bought :D
Post edited September 13, 2018 by gamesfreak64
I have said this in other threads: this looks amazing. Mistery point-and-click adventure, several cases to investigate, and gorgeous old-school graphics.

I am intrigued about the "anti-block" feature.

Price is showing in euros for me.
Those screenshots - especially the dialogue ones - look so "Gabriel Knight - Sins Of The Fathers".
I love "Gabriel Knight - Sins Of The Fathers".
I want to love this game too.
Dear wallet, let me love this game please.
Impressive and with Linux version! I'll buy it. Is it using AGS or Unity?
Post edited September 13, 2018 by shmerl
shmerl: Impressive and with Linux version! I'll buy it. Is it using AGS or Unity?
AGS :)
May have to bite on this one.
Was about to buy but I guess I will wait for a sale because of regional pricing probably forced by the publisher which even is a German company.
GOG.com: [...] this Victorian-escue mystery [...].
Sigh. That should be -esque. As in picturesque, grotesque, arabesque, etc. Nothing to do with a rescue. ;)
At least the other misspelling I've seen, "-esk", has the benefit of actually sounding like the ending for which it's mistakenly substituted.
GOG.com: [...] this Victorian-escue mystery [...].
HunchBluntley: Sigh. That should be -esque. As in picturesque, grotesque, arabesque, etc. Nothing to do with a rescue. ;)
At least the other misspelling I've seen, "-esk", has the benefit of actually sounding like the ending for which it's mistakenly substituted.
I hope there are not such blunders in the game text.
I have enjoyed A Golden Wake, except for the poor times action sequences, and I am sure to play this too. Wishlisted.
A video review by Attack Slug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUSNM2I_MwM
Post edited September 13, 2018 by Barry_Woodward
shmerl: Impressive and with Linux version! I'll buy it. Is it using AGS or Unity?
JudasIscariot: AGS :)
Ah, good to know. AGS is still struggling to switch to SDL2 and get rid of obsolete Allegro:

https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/issues/202
https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/issues/448

But I suppose this build is still using Allegro, so Alt+Tab isn't working in it?
Post edited September 13, 2018 by shmerl
HunchBluntley: Sigh. That should be -esque. As in picturesque, grotesque, arabesque, etc. Nothing to do with a rescue. ;)
Dogmaus: I hope there are not such blunders in the game text.
Hardly, as this was my blunder and I had nothing to do with the making of this game :/

Golden Wake had a very fascinating setting but its storytelling felt a bit disjointed at times. Shardlight was much more focused, I really liked that game.
Post edited September 14, 2018 by maladr0Id