It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ion Fury is now available DRM-free.

While Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her codename defusing bombs for the Global Defense Force, when evil transhumanist mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes the members of his cybernetic cult onto the streets of Neo DC, she knows it’s time to start causing explosions instead of preventing them.

Her quest to slay Heskel leaves a trail of carnage throughout huge, multi-path levels filled with gigantic explosions, more secret areas than we can count, and inhuman foes behind every corner. There’s no regenerating health here; stop taking cover and start running and gunning.
RawSteelUT: No one's saying don't argue with passion. Hell, far from it. But personal insults only burn bridges and harden hearts. It's worth remembering that there's more than a few women, LGBT people and ethnic minorities who AGREE with the principal of free expression, as we all should have learned during GamerGate. Insulting them to "get back at" SJWs isn't any different from SJWs attacking gamers as a whole, and reason works better than hate in the long run.
And where has anyone done that? Oh, right, nowhere.
low rated
RawSteelUT: You never have to worry about that. You're one of the most level-headed people here.

By itself, no, but when you think about it, this is what EVERY fucking discussion about EVERYTHING degenerates into.
===========================
In this, I agree, but I think you'd agree that the more reasonable voices were... Drowned out by the more toxic elements of the discussion. And let's be honest, if it weren't for the undercurrent of extremism in every fucking thing nowadays, this might not have happened at all.

==========================
For example, in the "I hope this isn't 3D Realms' last Build game" thread, Sevnarco said "With the way they are bending over to appease a minority of mentally ill mutants, it might just be their last build game." There are plenty of examples of this.

For right-wing strawmen and conspiracy theory, a good example comes from "Review bombing, seriously?" In which Kmanitou says "Buying a product isn't supposed to be supporting Marxist indoctrination and "reeducation programs", funding alternate lifestyle agendas and promoting censorship, which are all things that the publishers have attached to the product.

These are old right-wing talking points that have been around as far back as I can remember.

Let's also not forget earlier in this thread, from post 246 to post 253, that LootHunter used a highly partisan source to make it sound like a child was being abused, or all while trying desperately to link it to LGBT people as a whole.
============================
No one's saying don't argue with passion. Hell, far from it. But personal insults only burn bridges and harden hearts. It's worth remembering that there's more than a few women, LGBT people and ethnic minorities who AGREE with the principal of free expression, as we all should have learned during GamerGate. Insulting them to "get back at" SJWs isn't any different from SJWs attacking gamers as a whole, and reason works better than hate in the long run.

Hopefully you're right in the long run. Ion Fury is a fucking FANTASTIC title and deserves its support.
===========================
As for "having a pony in the race," I will never apologize for feeling that an organization that helps LGBT teens find help in environments that are less than supportive is a good thing. Take that how you will. In the absence of non-partisan evidence to say they push for transitions, there's no base for the accusation. Innocent until proven guilty, and all that.
=======================
Hopefully, you understand where I'm coming from, as I've tried to understand where YOU are coming from. I just feel that the case could have been made without turning this into an excuse to vent bigotry and partisanship. LGBT people didn't do anything here, Resetera did.
First off, thanks for replying and being so kind/civil and giving me the compliments(even if it sadly earned you a slew of downrates by the "fans" of mine here). That said:

1st bit- A bit hyperbolic if you mean every conversation online......but even if just here it's not always the case. Also we should cherish the good moments and civil conversation we do get(which happens more often than others seem to admit or think).

2nd bit- They may be drowned out but remember....the more rational usually stay away from such discussions or stick to their smaller out of the way ones. As such the high numbers of such comments in more public discussions shouldn't be held as the best indicator of how most handle such in discussion or would handle such(if that's any consolation).

Also somewhat true......if the original voices hadn't spoken up it might not have happened....but then again with how most people make such accusations as "jokes" or to divide people online it might still have if some had chosen not to.

Imo more rational minded people need to speak up and drown out the moronic extremists(both sides) so we can re-civilize the debates on various topics and show some people can hold mature conversation and be level headed.

3rd bit- I agree such talking and generalization is bad and doesn't help their case, but(playing devil's advocate a bit here) I can see why some of them are upset to some degree over the various things the opposition has pushed/which people have to follow publically else be called all sorts of names & worse. I don't agree with HOW they show their displeasure but I admit some of it is justified.

4th bit- I agree insulting people just to spite those that advocate wrongly for them is wrong, and I think they'd make a better case and better debate could be had and understanding reached more often if people debated civilly and used less insulting language.

5th bit- Agreed and good points on the charity.....I looked into them and they seem to mainly do s*uicide prevention which seems a noble cause.

6th bit- This is all also good points and true, and I THANK YOU PROFUSELY for trying to talk with me civilly here.

Btw an aside: Resetera didn't start it....a chan troll(from what I read) brought the stuff in the game to their attention to get resetera to complain.....so we've all been had by trolls unfortunately.

(Also I sent you a friend invite: You seem to be a level headed person willing to talk and not low rate and walk away or insult me as some seem to like doing)
Lastly thanks for the debate and making some good points. Kudos for all that.

================
================

GameRager: They didn't change much(and did it to get the pressure down) & people are overreacting, and voting with your wallet(sadly) doesn't achieve much anymore due to others buying a game/movie more than those who boycott.
3DMaster: So... doesn't achieve much anymore, huh?

https://sparkchronicles.com/ion-fury-will-no-longer-be-censored-behind-voidpoint-and-3d-realms/
It was nice but it's a fluke as most usually don't boycott or don't do so permanently/in large enough numbers to matter(sadly).

This is welcome news but with how hard it is for large numbers to stick to such movements for long it's sadly the exception rather than the norm. :\

============
============

RawSteelUT: No one's saying don't argue with passion. Hell, far from it. But personal insults only burn bridges and harden hearts. It's worth remembering that there's more than a few women, LGBT people and ethnic minorities who AGREE with the principal of free expression, as we all should have learned during GamerGate. Insulting them to "get back at" SJWs isn't any different from SJWs attacking gamers as a whole, and reason works better than hate in the long run.
3DMaster: And where has anyone done that? Oh, right, nowhere.
Do you mean marginalized/etc supporting free speech or the insults against marginalized groups? If it's the latter then check the steam forums for the game. They mention such groups "being behind the censorship" many times without proof along with the others trying to push their beliefs.
Post edited August 28, 2019 by GameRager
I can't afford it right now but since the issues have been resolved I can now put the game back on the wishlist and will buy it when I can afford it (dammit, why is food necessary?).
low rated
jepsen1977: I can't afford it right now but since the issues have been resolved I can now put the game back on the wishlist and will buy it when I can afford it (dammit, why is food necessary?).
Even if it weren't i'd still eat it. :D

Also it seems the steam forums mods(and one game dev) are in overdrive deleting and locking threads(even supportive ones) that discuss the controversy. I get why they are doing it but do they expect to just bury it under the rug?

At least gog allows this thread to talk about such.
Aren't we finished yet with this kind of talk? Is at least 20% of the posts here about the actual game?
Why don't you all go to a forum centered on politics and bash yourselves to your heart's content there?

And, most of all... where in the Nine Circles of Hell is the staff? I understand this forum is largely meaningless, but its current state is shameful for any respectable business. Either tidy this mess up or cut it out altogheteher, GOG isn't making a good impression by any means by (not) running it like this!
low rated
Enebias: Aren't we finished yet with this kind of talk? Is at least 20% of the posts here about the actual game?
Why don't you all go to a forum centered on politics and bash yourselves to your heart's content there?

And, most of all... where in the Nine Circles of Hell is the staff? I understand this forum is largely meaningless, but its current state is shameful for any respectable business. Either tidy this mess up or cut it out altogheteher, GOG isn't making a good impression by any means by (not) running it like this!
1st bit: There is a subforum where people can discuss the game all day long and on whatever aspect they choose. People aren't spilling such talk into any of those threads(afaik).

2nd bit: They did a great job getting rid of the ad spam of around 25+ threads yesterday or before that....imo they are doing pretty well.

Edit: I checked the Ion Fury subforums. 7-8 threads are on the controversy, and most have few replies. Also despite the people having a subforum and it selling well not many have posted on the game in it's own subforum.
Post edited August 28, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
RawSteelUT: Let's also not forget earlier in this thread, from post 246 to post 253, that LootHunter used a highly partisan source to make it sound like a child was being abused, or all while trying desperately to link it to LGBT people as a whole.
Let's also not forget that you haven't answered my last question if Desmond performed striptease in a bar and if you consider that child abuse or child exploitation. Not to mention that you haven't provided any non-"highly partisan source" in support.

RawSteelUT: For right-wing strawmen and conspiracy theory, a good example comes from "Review bombing, seriously?" In which Kmanitou says "Buying a product isn't supposed to be supporting Marxist indoctrination and "reeducation programs", funding alternate lifestyle agendas and promoting censorship, which are all things that the publishers have attached to the product.

These are old right-wing talking points that have been around as far back as I can remember.
Listen dude. Just about last month I had an argument with a lesbian who complained about oppression and how her own parents don't accept her sexuality and think they can still change her. The argument continued up until it slipped her tongue that she is 12-year old and declared herself lesbian when she was 10. When I've asked how does she know if she is a lesbian and how does she know if her sexual desires wouldn't change when she goes through puberty, she didn't answer. Just dropped out of discussion.

Do you know why? Because she obviously didn't know that. Because all her "being lesbian" was nothing more than parroting media narrative. She thought herself to be lesbian simply because media, organizations like Trevor Project and general leftist crowd told her so. So, yeah. You can dismiss "old right-wing talking points" all you like, but that doesn't make them wrong.

That's why negative sentiments about 3DRealms sponsoring Trevor Project are quite justified.
Post edited August 28, 2019 by LootHunter
low rated
LootHunter: Let's also not forget that you haven't answered my last question if Desmond performed striptease in a bar and if you consider that child abuse or child exploitation. Not to mention that you haven't provided any non-"highly partisan source" in support.
What does Desmond have to do with Ion Fury itself? You keep bringing him up a lot.
low rated
Enebias: And, most of all... where in the Nine Circles of Hell is the staff?
According to some people, they work for me, so I guess it's my fault. :P
Enebias: Aren't we finished yet with this kind of talk? Is at least 20% of the posts here about the actual game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFhSKp-RQ20
low rated
LootHunter: Listen dude. Just about last month I had an argument with a lesbian who complained about oppression and how her own parents don't accept her sexuality and think they can still change her. The argument continued up until it slipped her tongue that she is 12-year old and declared herself lesbian when she was 10. When I've asked how does she know if she is a lesbian and how does she know if her sexual desires wouldn't change when she goes through puberty, she didn't answer. Just dropped out of discussion.

Do you know why? Because she obviously didn't know that. Because all her "being lesbian" was nothing more than parroting media narrative. She thought herself to be lesbian simply because media, organizations like Trevor Project and general leftist crowd told her so. So, yeah. You can dismiss "old right-wing talking points" all you like, but that doesn't make them wrong.

That's why negative sentiments about 3DRealms sponsoring Trevor Project are quite justified.
all im getting out of this is youre talkin' to 12 yr old girls about sexuality. fucking YUCK
3DMaster: And where has anyone done that? Oh, right, nowhere.
GameRager: Do you mean marginalized/etc supporting free speech or the insults against marginalized groups? If it's the latter then check the steam forums for the game.
Nonsene; no doubt the same as the things mentioned by the poster above, non of which constitute insults against marginalized groups.
low rated
LootHunter:
Fairfox: all im getting out of this is youre talkin' to 12 yr old girls about sexuality. fucking YUCK
He's Jared.
So thi....
...screw it, I'm out
Post edited August 28, 2019 by NuffCatnip
low rated
LootHunter: Listen dude. Just about last month I had an argument with a lesbian who complained about oppression and how her own parents don't accept her sexuality and think they can still change her. The argument continued up until it slipped her tongue that she is 12-year old and declared herself lesbian when she was 10. When I've asked how does she know if she is a lesbian and how does she know if her sexual desires wouldn't change when she goes through puberty, she didn't answer. Just dropped out of discussion.

Fairfox: all im getting out of this is youre talkin' to 12 yr old girls about sexuality. fucking YUCK
I was about to say... Kid exploring their own sexuality is NOT something for some stranger to interfere with or even talk/think about. I know I don't think about tween/teen experimentation. Not only that, it's a far cry from the "parents forcing LGBT ideology on kids" narrative he's fucking invested in.