It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
mrkgnao: A follow-up question: Can the steam version be played offline (e.g. without the steam client)? I'm referring obviously only to the very limited story mode, not the online stuff.
StingingVelvet: For what it's worth I still have Hitman 3 installed and it requires the Epic client running to launch. Assuming it's the same for Hitman 1, on Steam, then the GOG version is in that sense "DRM free" for the core story mode while the other versions are not.

Again though the issue here is that core story mode is such a small portion of the experience, compared to a game like Absolution.
Yes. I understand. I just wanted to know whether IOI did any kind of work for the GOG edition (e.g. remove authentication upon launch) or none at all.
high rated
What's next? No more offline installers in a few years?

Really hope that this stays an accident and not something that evolves into something much more worse for this platform regarding the future.
low rated
GameDesktop: What's next? No more offline installers in a few years?

Really hope that this stays an accident and not something that evolves into something much more worse for this platform regarding the future.
the walls have ears.

don't give them ideas :P

[but yes. i expect that to happen at some point in the future.]

If that happens I'll just start wearing pirates hat. :)
high rated
GameDesktop: Really hope that this stays an accident
There is zero possible way whatsoever that this was an "accident." All parties knew exactly what they were doing, and the problems with it, long before they actually did it.

lostwolfe: the walls have ears.

don't give them ideas :P

[but yes. i expect that to happen at some point in the future.]
I don't think offline installers are going anyway.
low rated
Screamshield: Technically the game sold is DRM free but it is missing functionality compared to the DMR version due to parts of the original game being linked with the online IOI servers. So unless you're here just to troll, you should try and be factually correct. I know that some people are here just to spam and be toxic but i personally would rather be productive and get the best outcome possible. Hopefully IOI or GOG comes up with a solution for this so i can buy a fully DRM free Hitman in a few months for Christmas.
Syphon72: Why is post rated low?
Why? I am guessing that the trolls got offended for getting called out or some people did not read the whole post. There are people here that don't actually want the game to be fixed and just want to hate and rage.
Syphon72: Why is post rated low?
Screamshield: Why? I am guessing that the trolls got offended for getting called out or some people did not read the whole post. There are people here that don't actually want the game to be fixed and just want to hate and rage.
End of the day we just want GOG to clean their act up. I guess some just want to see GOG burn.
high rated
Posting here to let GOG know I'm done. 800+ games here, and you'll get not another dim from me now. If I'm buying DRM games anyway, I may as well use a superior storefront. DRM-free was the only advantage you had over Steam, and despite your severely lacking forums, website, store, marketing, and staff, I have stayed loyal because of that one thing alone. You've lost. You lost my money, you lost my trust and you lost my custom in the future. I hope all your "new" customers are financially independent and will support you, because while I know I'm not super rich, $200 a month definitely contributed to keeping the lights on at GOG HQ.

I have zero reason to shop here now. Thank you for freeing me from your shitty store, your buggy client, your ancient and out-of-date forum. I'm done with you GOG, and the only reason I'll be back is to rub in your face sales you would have had, "Pretty Woman" style. So thanks for that.
chen182: Boycotting won't work. You are outnumbered by sheep and lemmings. The result of the past 40+ years of progressive corporatist politics.

these companies will never change because their customers literally need them in their lives to feel validated
"If you don't give up, you still have a chance. Giving up is the greatest failure!" - Jack Ma
I just had an interesting chat with someone who bought the game but doesn't frequent the forum that much, if at all.

He was enjoying the game immensely, completely offline, and didn't understand why all the negative reviews when the game was obviously DRM-free for him.

I explained to him about unlocks, progression, etc. being the core of this sandbox-like game and that he may be missing 90% of the game. He was quite surprised, as he had no idea about there being any unlocks and such (which isn't surprising as there is nothing about it on the GOG game page). He had assumed that all he was missing by playing offline was the usual stuff: leaderboards, daily events, achievements, etc. --- which he didn't care about.

For people whose only source of information is GOG itself, and prefer to play games rather than read reviews and forum posts, this game looks very much as if it's DRM-free.

From what I gathered, he plans to continue playing the game, so I don't expect him to refund the game. I'm sure he's not alone.

Just something to think about.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: For people whose only source of information is GOG itself, this game looks very much as if it's DRM-free.
I had a thought - someone should reach out to Angry Joe. I would, but I don't have any social media accounts to do so.

I'm not the biggest fan of Joe, but he does seem to usually call out corporate bullshit, microtransactions and anti-consumer stuff, and while he was a big fan of the Witcher and CDPR he was very hard on Cyberpunk, broken promises etc. He does a "news" show every week (I think?). I'm sure if someone could be arsed to describe the situation - GOG's original stanceon DRM, the way it creeped in slwoly and now this release and point him to the ongoing shitstorm in this and other threads, they'd talk about. He's got a pretty big channel. Maybe it would force GOG to respond. Even if not, at least it might warn a fair amount of customers, like the person you describe, about what's up.
low rated
Breja: I had a thought - someone should reach out to Angry Joe.
Also YongYea, TheQuartering, and others.
mrkgnao: For people whose only source of information is GOG itself, this game looks very much as if it's DRM-free.
Breja: I had a thought - someone should reach out to Angry Joe. I would, but I don't have any social media accounts to do so.

I'm not the biggest fan of Joe, but he does seem to usually call out corporate bullshit, microtransactions and anti-consumer stuff, and while he was a big fan of the Witcher and CDPR he was very hard on Cyberpunk, broken promises etc. He does a "news" show every week (I think?). I'm sure if someone could be arsed to describe the situation - GOG's original stanceon DRM, the way it creeped in slwoly and now this release and point him to the ongoing shitstorm in this and other threads, they'd talk about. He's got a pretty big channel. Maybe it would force GOG to respond. Even if not, at least it might warn a fair amount of customers, like the person you describe, about what's up.
It's a good idea, just not my cup of tea, but if you want to, he has a "contact us" form:
http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/contact/
low rated
Breja: I had a thought - someone should reach out to Angry Joe. I would, but I don't have any social media accounts to do so.

I'm not so sure as he went political declaring any ips he has little interest in if they sacrifice Quality to be a constant ''Orange man bad'' hate train he is all for it but if they did it with ips he likes and or if its done with who replaced the person that meme phrasing is towards he'd go nuclear .. thus he has double standards

Note wasn't getting political just pionting out Angry Joe I doubt will care about it.. unless he actually cares about G.O.G or Drm Free on any real level given what I stated about him above
Post edited September 24, 2021 by BanditKeith2