It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
rjbuffchix: Don't forget they still have not offered any detail whatsoever as to how this release came-to-exist here in the first place.
That's GOG's modus operandi the last several years, though.....button up lips lest they sink (social media PR) ships. If they did something different(I mean beyond the silly and vague colorful infographic style charts that GOG did a short while back), that would be a shock and surprise.

Now contrast GOG to Zoom, who seem to post some details about their business dealings to their discord...in part to connect with and reassure their customer base.
low rated
RexEasily: I am having a hard time trusting your company anymore.
rjbuffchix: Don't forget they still have not offered any detail whatsoever as to how this release came-to-exist here in the first place.
They might not be legally able to. What would they even say "IO lied to us about the content of the game," as we have seen the people still here wouldn't accept it anyway. Why burn a bridge by throwing IO under the bus for people who dont care.
ChuckBeaver: offered money...they took it....hoped nobody was paying attention......
you got proof on that or just going to make shit up. We tend to call it slander when you just lie about people because you hate them.
Post edited November 03, 2021 by mastyer-kenobi
low rated
mastyer-kenobi: They might not be legally able to. What would they even say "IO lied to us about the content of the game," as we have seen the people still here wouldn't accept it anyway. Why burn a bridge by throwing IO under the bus for people who dont care.
ChuckBeaver: offered money...they took it....hoped nobody was paying attention......
mastyer-kenobi: you got proof on that or just going to make shit up. We tend to call it slander when you just lie about people because you hate them.
First- you clearly are a troll. But ignoring that rant of yours. They are not a charity. It was a simple deduction of logic. Try to get along or get some medication if you are truly triggered so easily. Dont forget to downvote this comment to prove my point.
low rated
mastyer-kenobi: They might not be legally able to. What would they even say "IO lied to us about the content of the game," as we have seen the people still here wouldn't accept it anyway. Why burn a bridge by throwing IO under the bus for people who dont care.
And again you're absolving GOG. Given the absence of information, it seems to me there are limited possibilities as to how the game got here. Imo these possibilities would be something like:

-if, as you suggest, IO somehow deceived or misled GOG (by the way, this wouldn't let GOG off the hook as it indicates GOG hadn't properly tested to make sure their game worked offline).

-if GOG knew about the DRM and tried to push it through anyway (by the way, this has already happened in other games here such as Cyberpunk "My Rewards")

You seem to completely rule out the second possibility I listed there. I'll ask you again. Why?
low rated
chandra: [...]

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
[emphasis added]

Won't comment on the content I snipped, just about everything related to it has been said. But I'd like to say something on this last line.

Ever since TET left, quite a long list of people have held your position, and almost every single one of them made statements and promises of improving your communication with us here, usually right after some action of yours was received negatively by the community.
And every single time, it turned out to be nothing more than empty words -- time passed with no visible sign of said promised (improved) communication until the next incident that led to a massive negative reaction which in turn resulted into renewed promises of improved communication.

The way you've phrased your statement/promise leads me to think that, in the world inside of GOG's walls, you are not aware that you actually need to start making an effort to establish and then work-work-work! on improving your communication with us, because so far what we have is non-communication.

You may want to relay this to your supervisor(s), and collectively ponder on the situation and work on solutions before the next big hoopla.
low rated
rjbuffchix: And again you're absolving GOG. Given the absence of information, it seems to me there are limited possibilities as to how the game got here. Imo these possibilities would be something like:

-if, as you suggest, IO somehow deceived or misled GOG (by the way, this wouldn't let GOG off the hook as it indicates GOG hadn't properly tested to make sure their game worked offline).

-if GOG knew about the DRM and tried to push it through anyway (by the way, this has already happened in other games here such as Cyberpunk "My Rewards")

You seem to completely rule out the second possibility I listed there. I'll ask you again. Why?
Because I have no proof of the malicious. When you assume active malice against you without evidence, it's at the very least not a good look. Far as I'm concerned, it's outright malice itself. I also said "might" for a reason. I don't know what happened, but I can't just assume active malice without evidence.
low rated
mastyer-kenobi: ...
It's actually quite easy.
Either GOG released the game without testing it whatsoever. Which would mean that they didn't make sure it was DRM-free and also that they lied about curating the game.
Or they tested the game and decided to release it in spite of the DRM.

In both cases they lied and broke one of their principles. Withdrawing the game was a good decision, but one they were forced to, by the bad publicity. If they really mean to clean up their act, an easy and necessary step would be to remove all traces of DRM from their own game.
low rated
I'm still expecting detailed explanation how that could happen and what are you going to do to prevent similar issues in the future. I'm not going to research every game I'm willing to buy to make sure it's not broken on purpose you know, if I can't trust you I just won't give you my money

And put it in the main newsfeed and all socials so everyone knows
low rated
zakius: I'm still expecting detailed explanation how that could happen and what are you going to do to prevent similar issues in the future. I'm not going to research every game I'm willing to buy to make sure it's not broken on purpose you know, if I can't trust you I just won't give you my money

Don't buy Day 1 on its GOG release. Always wait for big sales and/or discounts, I'd say. And of course, watch the forums to make sure your game's DRM-FREE truly.
low rated
zakius: I'm still expecting detailed explanation how that could happen and what are you going to do to prevent similar issues in the future. I'm not going to research every game I'm willing to buy to make sure it's not broken on purpose you know, if I can't trust you I just won't give you my money

You will be waiting for a long time. GOG obviously has no intention of ever mentioning this again, let alone in their newsfeed.

I’ve stopped buying games here as well, for this very reason.
Post edited November 06, 2021 by Longcat
low rated

Longcat: You will be waiting for a long time. GOG obviously has no intention of ever mentioning this again, let alone in their newsfeed.

I’ve stopped buying games here as well, for this very reason.
I'm in no rush
low rated

MysterD: Don't buy Day 1 on its GOG release. Always wait for big sales and/or discounts, I'd say. And of course, watch the forums to make sure your game's DRM-FREE truly.
So in real life not everyone bought the day one games. All video game studios have reportedly closed. Because it is by selling full price the first months that the games are profitable.

I speak for single player games like the witcher 3 or cyberpunk for cdpr for example. For mmos or games services, it's something else.
Post edited November 08, 2021 by Lukin86
low rated
Did GOG finally figure out if they were bamboozled by IOI or just suck at their job?
low rated
kmanitou: Did GOG finally figure out if they were bamboozled by IOI or just suck at their job?
they probably did, but doesn't look like they want to tell us
low rated
Im going to take one copy for sure. One of my favorite series even made.