It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
chandra: Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Did anyone at GOG playtest the game before deciding to release it?
rjbuffchix: Did they listen to customers? I'm not sure we have evidence of that, actually. As others have suggested, it seems to me the combination of (deservedly) 1-star reviews in a huge quantity, and wider media attention, is what made the difference in this game being removed. As you're aware, "old-school-minded" users like us have been vociferous with legitimate gripes about other DRM/DRM-like schemes on GOG and not only do they not do anything, they go the opposite direction and put stuff like preloads and cosmetics behind a Galaxy authentication wall.
StrongSoldier: Most of gog users are not old school and we are in favor of removing hitman from the store.

The problem is that this is not enough. Hitman must return without drm, otherwise all this makes little sense.
Hitman returning with no DRM is the best ending. Hitman being kicked out of the store, never to return is still a good ending. The bad ending would have been if it had stayed.

I'd like it to return without the online requirement, but I don't really follow your meaning about it not making sense otherwise.
chandra: Dear Community,

richlind33: Did anyone at GOG playtest the game before deciding to release it?
This is a great question. I think the most likely scenario was GOG knew some single player features were locked to online only, but went ahead with releasing it and hoping for the best.
mogamer: This is a great question. I think the most likely scenario was GOG knew some single player features were locked to online only, but went ahead with releasing it and hoping for the best.
"It doesn't "technically" meet our standard for DRM since the single player game is completely playable." -GOG
Post edited October 14, 2021 by paladin181
Still waiting for my refund :(
low rated
mogamer: This is a great question. I think the most likely scenario was GOG knew some single player features were locked to online only, but went ahead with releasing it and hoping for the best.
paladin181: It doesn't "technically" meet our standard for DRM since the single player game is completely playable.
Some SP features? They be DRM-free before GOG release (old update for Steam version). Online accounts for NOT SP features is not DRM. Not matter if it Steam or GOG\GOG Galaxy.
Post edited October 14, 2021 by QWEEDDYZ
MysterD: And while I'm at it - I'd love for MMO's (like say The Secret World) to later be re-worked to work properly offline (with bot support, re-done content, offline play, etc). I'd love for Online Skirmish modes like COD games to later get offline support and bot support; and also LAN/IP-TCP support too. I'd love for a lot of things like this to happen, to preserve some of these games, their content, their artistry, their skill, their technique, etc etc for us gamers while we're alive and also future gamers who aren't even born and/or grown yet.
Sarafan: This I don't fully understand. Why play an MMORPG game offline, when there's plenty of other better RPGs that are dedicated solely to single player? I understand that you want to preserve these games, but the experience of playing MMORPGs offline is quite poor. They're usually quite blank when it comes to content in comparison to single player RPGs. They're main strength is the online feature. I'm not talking here of course that MMORPGs are bad games in overall, but they just focus on different things and are not suitable for offline play. It's in their DNA.
In case of TSW (at least the original before it got butchered) the big first Kingsmouth/Cthulhu inspired chapter I played was a really cool solo experience.
QWEEDDYZ: Some SP features? They be DRM-free before GOG release (old update for Steam version). Online accounts for NOT SP features is not DRM. Not matter if it Steam or GOG\GOG Galaxy.
Sure.
Anothername: In case of TSW (at least the original before it got butchered) the big first Kingsmouth/Cthulhu inspired chapter I played was a really cool solo experience.
There are exceptions from the rule. I agree on that. I spent a lot of time playing Guild Wars solo many years ago myself. Most of the MMORPGs shine however only when they're played online. They were designed this way and that's why their solo experience is quite blank.
Post edited October 14, 2021 by Sarafan
Doc0075: Still waiting for my refund :(
Not sure why this would be delayed given the circumstances.
low rated
Doc0075: Still waiting for my refund :(
lupineshadow: Not sure why this would be delayed given the circumstances.
Probably because they've got so many people demanding a refund.
richlind33: Did anyone at GOG playtest the game before deciding to release it?
If that's the case, their sugar-coated response thanking us for exercising the due diligence that was blatantly lacking is a wee bit rich, I think.
They probably wanted to wait until sales slowed to a crawl before removing it. The game did make it to 2,660 in best-selling before it was removed.
Yes it does bring having your cake and eating it to mind.
Anothername: In case of TSW (at least the original before it got butchered) the big first Kingsmouth/Cthulhu inspired chapter I played was a really cool solo experience.
Sarafan: There are exceptions from the rule. I agree on that. I spent a lot of time playing Guild Wars solo many years ago myself. Most of the MMORPGs shine however only when they're played online. They were designed this way and that's why their solo experience is quite blank.
We obviously only want the cool exceptions :D