It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
Lifthrasil: So? Any results so far from your 'investigation'? What did looking into the topic yield so far?
russellskanne: Nope, since Gabriella obviously enjoys watching our fruitless struggles over here.
IDK but could we try to keep this not quite as creepy as singling out GOG staff and posting their pictures for like no reason.
high rated
skirtish: IDK but could we try to keep this not quite as creepy as singling out GOG staff and posting their pictures for like no reason.
Agreed. Despite the way we may feel about GOG, singling out employees that have no real say in the direction the company goes seems a bit far.
Post edited October 01, 2021 by RoboPond
low rated
russellskanne: Nope, since Gabriella obviously enjoys watching our fruitless struggles over here.
skirtish: IDK but could we try to keep this not quite as creepy as singling out GOG staff and posting their pictures for like no reason.
The picture is literally on the front page right now. Plus it's just a little bit sarcasm, nothing more.
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks.
Lifthrasil: So? Any results so far from your 'investigation'? What did looking into the topic yield so far?
The investigation is still undergoing. No, not the one about how Hitman completely evaded the curation. That investigation never even started. He's just that stealthy.

Until I see contrary evidence I have to assume that they are still investigating how hard it is to get away with adding a full blown DRMed product and how effective the release of Blood Omen was in countering the userbase bail out.
joppo: The investigation is still undergoing. No, not the one about how Hitman completely evaded the curation. That investigation never even started. He's just that stealthy.

Until I see contrary evidence I have to assume that they are still investigating how hard it is to get away with adding a full blown DRMed product and how effective the release of Blood Omen was in countering the userbase bail out.
My guess is they're investigating how time / resource intensive it will be to provide online unlockables in SP... or if IOI will even ok it.

I will say this...

... if GOG stripped out all of the online shenanigans and provided unlockables via some SP or optional scheme, I'd buy all 3 of thee new games when (if) they released here.

(but never have been a fan of IOI's timed online missions and weird connection demands)

We'll see what happens...
Post edited October 01, 2021 by kai2
kai2: My guess is they're investigating how time / resource intensive it will be to provide online unlockables in SP... or if IOI will even ok it.
At this point they should try to contact the modders who made the offline mods for Hitman 2 & 3 to see if it would be possible to do something similar for H1.(If IOI is ok with that that is) I am not convinced that IOI will spend any time working on Hitman 1 when they are busy working on 3.

I just hope that Gog won't spend too much time investigating and at the end just release a fully unlocked save...
Post edited October 01, 2021 by Gersen
high rated
Via Bellular News:
BETRAYED: GoG Went Against Their Promise To Players
kai2: ... if GOG stripped out all of the online shenanigans and provided unlockables via some SP or optional scheme, I'd buy all 3 of thee new games when (if) they released here.
Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if GOG and IOI released a version where all equipment/locations/disguises/etc. are available offline, but they are all unlocked from the start, not tied to your progression like it is now? Also, when answering, please add whether you have you already played the game before somewhere else or not.
Post edited October 01, 2021 by mrkgnao
high rated
Good. I hope the articles and videos keep coming. The game needs to be delisted and fixed. Beyond that, we need a detailed explanation from GOG as to how it got here in the first place. No amount of new releases, shiny sales, fun collections, etc will change the need for that.
Why TF do they mumble into their mics so much where half the video I have to turn it up, and then they start talking at a normal volume? They need a sound engineer, or need to sound check their videos or something.
kai2: ... if GOG stripped out all of the online shenanigans and provided unlockables via some SP or optional scheme, I'd buy all 3 of thee new games when (if) they released here.
mrkgnao: Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if GOG and IOI released a version where all equipment/locations/disguises/etc. are available offline, but they are all unlocked from the start, not tied to your progression like it is now?
I would be fine with it.
mrkgnao: Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if GOG and IOI released a version where all equipment/locations/disguises/etc. are available offline, but they are all unlocked from the start, not tied to your progression like it is now?
trusteft: I would be fine with it.
Thank you. Have you already played the game before somewhere else or not?
high rated
That would be pretty terrible, it's basically like being forced to use a cheat code. Unlocking things is part of the gameplay, having them unlocked from the beginning is essentially skipping part of the game.
my name is supyreor catte: That would be pretty terrible, it's basically like being forced to use a cheat code. Unlocking things is part of the gameplay, having them unlocked from the beginning is essentially skipping part of the game.
Thank you. Have you already played the game before somewhere else or not?
high rated
I mean, it'd be a solution, but I'd still feel pretty cheated out of the gameplay experience, it'd be akin to just using a cheat code instead of earning the content as reward for actually playing the game.