It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
The bastards are more concerned with their anniversary sale than responding to the hitman DRM crisis! Everyday the disappointment grows...
To anyone who thought GOG were stupid, did not expect the forum's reaction, and and did not prepare a solution for it, here is the answer:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_epic_blood_omen_legacy_of_kain_joins_gogcom_18318
Post edited September 29, 2021 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: To anyone who thought GOG were stupid, did not expect the forum's reaction, and and did not prepare a solution for it, here is the answer:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_epic_blood_omen_legacy_of_kain_joins_gogcom_18318
Could you explain? I am a bit stupid :D
mrkgnao: To anyone who thought GOG were stupid, did not expect the forum's reaction, and and did not prepare a solution for it, here is the answer:
It's Devotion all over again. Anyone bringing this up in the Anniversary/Blood Omen threads is getting downvooted already.
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks.
Any chance that we can get a version of the game with all the unlockable content already enabled?
Snowslinger: Could you explain? I am a bit stupid :D
Basically distract people with a new release of a game that people have been wanting for a long time for that was in licensing hell.

And I hate to admit it, but it's pretty fucking effective at least when it comes to doing what people want while making them forget about this recent controversy
high rated
GOG knew that the DRM'd Hitman will cause an outcry, so they released it a week before a highly-desired game, so that people would rush to buy Blood Omen, thereby implicitly accepting Hitman into the store and abandoning any thought of doing anything about it. And it's working.
high rated
As I have been saying, sudden forgive and forget. Same old slight of hand misdirection bullshit that they have pulled before when they have been up to their necks in it. If nobody is willing to hold their feet to the fire over their last few fuckups, nothing will change. What the hell is the point if this is the response after shooting themselves in the foot? This is why things will only get worse. Not shocked at all honestly. They know the minute they drop something to distract that they can and will get away with it.
mrkgnao: GOG knew that the DRM'd Hitman will cause an outcry, so they released it a week before a highly-desired game, so that people would rush to buy Blood Omen, thereby implicitly accepting Hitman into the store and abandoning any thought of doing anything about it. And it's working.
Not on me. I would like to grab a game that they have released today, but I will not support GOG's shady practices. No, sir. I assume the trick works on people who did not see the problem in the first place. They need to see the error of their ways. There are better platforms for DRMed singleplayer games.
EnforcerSunWoo: As I have been saying, sudden forgive and forget. Same old slight of hand misdirection bullshit that they have pulled before when they have been up to their necks in it. If nobody is willing to hold their feet to the fire over their last few fuckups, nothing will change. What the hell is the point if this is the response after shooting themselves in the foot? This is why things will only get worse. Not shocked at all honestly. They know the minute they drop something to distract that they can and will get away with it.
QFT.

mrkgnao: GOG knew that the DRM'd Hitman will cause an outcry, so they released it a week before a highly-desired game, so that people would rush to buy Blood Omen, thereby implicitly accepting Hitman into the store and abandoning any thought of doing anything about it. And it's working.
Snowslinger: Not on me. I would like to grab a game that they have released today, but I will not support GOG's shady practices. No, sir. I assume the trick works on people who did not see the problem in the first place. They need to see the error of their ways. There are better platforms for DRMed singleplayer games.
Nor me, nor most of the people on the boycott thread, but look at the Blood Omen thread. It's full of old-time DRM-free die-hards cheering. GOG knows what it's doing.
Post edited September 29, 2021 by mrkgnao
Usually I would have been the first to buy ALL those new games instantly without even thinking about it.

But now I won't.

Good job, GOG. Keep ignoring the problems. Enjoy your birthday and pretend it's all fine.
EnforcerSunWoo: As I have been saying, sudden forgive and forget. Same old slight of hand misdirection bullshit that they have pulled before when they have been up to their necks in it. If nobody is willing to hold their feet to the fire over their last few fuckups, nothing will change. What the hell is the point if this is the response after shooting themselves in the foot? This is why things will only get worse. Not shocked at all honestly. They know the minute they drop something to distract that they can and will get away with it.
mrkgnao: QFT.

Snowslinger: Not on me. I would like to grab a game that they have released today, but I will not support GOG's shady practices. No, sir. I assume the trick works on people who did not see the problem in the first place. They need to see the error of their ways. There are better platforms for DRMed singleplayer games.
mrkgnao: Nor me, nor most of the people on the boycott thread, but look at the Blood Omen thread. It's full of old-time DRM-free die-hards cheering. GOG knows what it's doing.
I see, and it angers and makes me feel deep desperation. Bread and games...
Yep. Case closed, we pretty much just had GOG's final "reponse". And it seems to have worked perfectly. Well played, GOG.

Though I guess it's easy for me to be judgemental when the big new releases are games I couldn't care less about :D
high rated
AndreyB: The task of GOG.com was to show that any game can be sold well without DRM. That DRM can't increase sales or profit. What is current result? Some reports, analitics. Sorry but without numbers DRM-free idea looks like strange religious belief. For example this thread is frightening, something similar to lynching mob. Maybe i'm too judgemental here, but it is my direction of thoughts after the first look.
Well, you're not the first to resort to namecalling and alluding to insults, if that's what you were worried about. Thank you for posting terms from Valve's Scheme ecosystem, which I left out from the quote here. If you have seen other posts of mine you would be aware I am quite familiar with Valve/Scheme, as it was responsible for me abandoning PC gaming for nearly a decade and a half, due to its DRMification of PC gaming and, really, paving the way for other DRM and streaming even outside of PC gaming. I am secure in my beliefs and desires of wanting to (effectively) own what I buy rather than rent. I am aware many people do not share my views; however, I can articulate good reasons for mine and have only found stated reasons for theirs to be wanting or nonexistent. I assume you are employing hyperbole towards the end of your post as I am not sure what could be "frightening" about customers discussing why they do not currently wish to buy products, but perhaps you scare easily.

---

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/join_gogs_2021_anniversary_party_00e16/post37

Evidently, further conversation involving Hitman GOTY will not be permitted in the Anniversary topic.
Post edited September 29, 2021 by rjbuffchix
high rated
DRM-free should be unnegociable for GOG. They are the only big DRM-free games store. It is the main feature that sets them apart.

They can't compete with Steam on services. They can't compete with Epic on exclusive games. They aren't Ubisoft or EA (thank God btw) so whatever the heck those maniacs are trying to do with their stores is not a good alternative for GOG.

GOG has a single advantage over all of them. Being the one place where all games are DRM-free.

Want to play a game on your laptop and never worry about the WI-FI connection? GOG is your pal.

Have a family and want to share your games with them without worrying about who is logged into what and who's not? GOG is your pal.

There's a ton of ways they could push DRM-free as a feature that would actually speak to people. Real life use cases where DRM-free is objectively better.

Marketing DRM-free doesn't need to be some edgy cringeworthy nothingburger like that FCKDRM thing. The edgy teens who that kind of message would appeal to are not your demographic, GOG. They are playing Fortnite right now.