It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some quality time with your lovebird.

<span class="bold">Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star</span>, the festive sequel to the beloved bird-dating simulator, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac and Linux with a 15% launch discount.

Ah, love. It hits you when you least expect it, carries you up on its tender wings and lets you soar above the mundanities of life, giving you a bird's-eye view of pedestrian struggles. But finding the perfect mate can be tricky, especially while studying away from your nest. At a University where everyone else but you is a bird.

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star is a unique experience that you would be hard-pressed to pigeonhole under any specific label. As in all things related to the mystical dance called "falling in love", there is adventure to be found here but also reflective thinking and careful observation of human---er bird behavior. This holiday-themed sequel brings new feathered characters to interact with, new stories and an even crispier HD presentation to make your avian-courting a true visual pleasure.

But if you want to hit multiple birds with one stone, be sure to also pluck the <span class="bold">Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star - Collector's Pack</span> DLC which offers the full digital soundtrack, a Holiday Star Dossier digital booklet, The King's Story Book, and a sweet collection of festive wallpapers. Access to this DLC requires Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star.

Romance your avian nest-mate and find your <span class="bold">Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until December 22 4:59 PM GMT.
RWarehall: [...]
You may not like pigeon simulators
[...]
pigeon DATING simulators, big difference there.

Here is a pigeon simulator - http://store.steampowered.com/app/364710/
RWarehall: [...]
You may not like pigeon simulators
[...]
amok: pigeon DATING simulators, big difference there.

Here is a pigeon simulator - http://store.steampowered.com/app/364710/
GoG should add that if only to have something to bundle promo with Hatoful Boyfriend!
BKGaming: +1
TheGOGfather: -1

:-p
+1
Marioface5: I have no problem with this releasing here, but GOG, you seriously need to stop telling developers that their game was rejected for being "too niche" when you're willing to sell a game like this. Please.
+1 to this.
RWarehall: Plus, I think many get GoG's use of "niche" wrong...
Niche, to GoG, means <span class="bold">"ben there, dan that"</span> we have other dungeon crawlers/platformers which are better, in their opinion.
let me fix that for you ;)
RWarehall: Plus, I think many get GoG's use of "niche" wrong...
Niche, to GoG, means "been there, done that" we have other dungeon crawlers/platformers which are better, in their opinion.

You may not like pigeon simulators, but they certainly are "unique". I also found the first one to be surprising in a good way. It's funny and definitely different. I'm not quite sure I can "generally" recommend it as it is a visual novel of sorts, but if that doesn't worry you, it's certainly unlike anything you have ever played. That said, I'm in Impaler's camp. I buy few games before they are strongly discounted...

Plus, I think many get GoG's use of "niche" wrong...
Niche, to GoG, means "been there, done that" we have other dungeon crawlers/platformers which are better, in their opinion.
okay so thats a reason why many games arent/wont come here you think?

well basically then i would also be right if i say about shops in holland:

another cars parts shop that sells accesories and tyres and the likes? we already have 5 withing 2 kilometers :D
or another cafetaria? selling fries? we have one every 400 meters in my neighborhood, some even have one every 200 meters, same goes for chinese food restaurants.
Nowadays we have more cafetaria then busstops :D hahahah

Sorry i cant agree, cause i am one who thinks more is not always less, if i check all my casuals i bet i will have 5 genres, and 400 games meaning i will have 'more of the same' in the same category.
I dont care, i like more of the same, cause the plot , the storyline, the music and graphics are differnt even if the object/subject or type of game is the same lets say RPG.
Post edited December 15, 2015 by gamesfreak64
low rated
What utter garbage.
I admire the creativity of the devs but still it looks and feels strange and not very funny. I would be surprised if this game is really successful.
Marioface5: I have no problem with this releasing here, but GOG, you seriously need to stop telling developers that their game was rejected for being "too niche" when you're willing to sell a game like this. Please.
MrFortyFive: +1 to this.
i was kinda huh wt...? when i saw this image, i know gamersgate has it for years (steam only version)
tbh i think this will be the weirdest game gog will have.
I know the game/stiry seen videos and i dont like it, its not my style i am open to many styles, but not to this kind.

But if this has a chance of survival i can recommend some other possible niche titles

okay here they come:

EMPIRE: The Deck Building Strategy Game (drm free) 4.99 bucks
this one has some nice reviews, and was recommended.
i looked for the graphics and bought it, cant play it cause it is to difficult for me or maybe i am just to 'dumb' to understand this carddeck based game.

Pusher:
Totally addictive. Incredibly enjoyable. Fantastic fun
The simple and addictive challenge is to shoot coloured spheres into a grid where points are scored by connecting three from the same colour, causing them to disappear.
company: Nordic ( these are here already so common guys get the game here at nice price and i buy it here aswell ( have it on GG)

Northmark: Hour of the Wolf (15 euros this one is overpriced, its a good game , i have it (drm free)but 9.99 is better
Publisher:Rake in Grass

Fortix( fortix 2 aswell): good game , but make sure the patched version will be distributed cause the GG version burns rubber)

Help Sir Fortix reclaim his homeland by fencing off parts of the battlefield to corner your enemies. Collect catapults and power-ups to besiege the fortresses and take on dragons. The land was tainted by evil and it is up to you cleanse it.
Key features:
22 levels to conquer
Unique style of game play
Suitable for all ages!

Fortix and Nemesys Team Studio

Roaming Fortress
(9.99 might be a litte too much, 7.99 would fit the bill better , ) i have it drm free, its a good game
Hero of the Kingdom (5.95 euro excellent price for this kind of game (have it drm free)
Theres a second one, but sofar only steam has it

The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa (have it drm free)
very nice adventure game, looks like its for kids only but its fun
9.95 might be a little high

Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths (9.99)
Experience an incredible adventure alongside Tony Tough, in a crazy story packed with humour and all sorts of twists!
Tony Tough marks the return of graphic adventure gaming. Its "point and click" interface is characterized by sophisticated graphics and a superb cartoon-style look.

Reversion Double Pack - Reversion: The Escape & Reversion: The Meeting (drm free)
nice cartoonlike simple adventure (3.99)
(1280x720 display recommended)

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (this is a weird game i think i got it on sales cause i was curious what it would play like) (drm free)
Its from Capcom so i dont know if that would be a problem

Comedy fanatic and high school student Miley Verisse has decided to set up a comedy club in her school, but her nemesis and the head of the student council, Octavia Richmond, isn’t about to make things easy… The school rules require a minimum of 5 students to set up a new club and Miley is 3 people short! Spring break has just started and Miley has until the end of April to recruit the 3 new members she needs to start the club or Octavia will have the last laugh!

and the biggest niche game i guess might be a kids game,

Frogs vs. Storks(drm free)
nice simple wannabe frogger clone but looks one for kids ( i have it and its simple fun)

and loads more but this post is already quite long
If I'd watched that trailer without knowing it was Hatoful Boyfriend, I'd've thought Zaxby's had replaced my salad greens with more unusual herbage....
Hey Devolver Digital!

Why didn't you release BROFORCE here on GOG? I hope they didn't reject it because it's "too niche". I would buy it immediately. It's availabe DRM-free at the humble store, I know that, but I'd like to have it here on GOG in my constantly growing library.
tfishell: At least we have Turok and Underrail coming later this week.
yes we have, i am mainly intrested in udnerrail, i played the alpha but i guess i expect to much of it, i am still looking to a fallout classics type game, underrail has lots of it but also has somethings too much of it.
In a fight when shooting i see screns full with fires and bolts , i cant remeber fallout 1+2 had these, so i hope tehse bolts can be turned of, otherwise i have to get shades like the men in black wear to protect my eyes.

Furthermore the npc are to strong in alpha demo, i was kicking some dude, with weapon, shooting crossbowarrows, stabbing and al he lost was 12 points a hit, his lifebar was huge, its quite inbalanced that alpha demo, so far the explosions seem reasonable, but in some latest screenshots i see loads of them.
I hope they haven overdone the armaggedon like fireball shower cause that would be a shame.

i found lots of screenshots, mostly from betatests:

look at attachment, if this is most of time, thats way too much for me.
also check the way fallout shoots, a screen would pop up:
this was one helluvagame released in the past, and conmsidering the 'technology' wasnt top like nowadays with all that 3d game designing.
i think fallout 1+2 classic were the best, for me , nothing will ever match it.

Luned: If I'd watched that trailer without knowing it was Hatoful Boyfriend, I'd've thought Zaxby's had replaced my salad greens with more unusual herbage....
so you like the game a little bit ? or not?
Attachments:
seppelfred: Hey Devolver Digital!

Why didn't you release BROFORCE here on GOG? I hope they didn't reject it because it's "too niche". I would buy it immediately. It's availabe DRM-free at the humble store, I know that, but I'd like to have it here on GOG in my constantly growing library.
You are better off asking the developers (Free Lives) about its absence from here. In the past, they commented that they were approached by GOG about the game's release here, but said that it would be a pain for them to make a GOG build and it would result in an inferior experience.
gamesfreak64: ...
I have to ask: what kind of disorder do you have? :)
I totally agree with this one! :)
Post edited December 15, 2015 by Experiment513
gamesfreak64: ...
Experiment513: I have to ask: what kind of disorder do you have? :)
Experiment513: I totally agree with this one! :)
not really disorder

but more like: a very case of 'migraines' but not the simple ones, but the works, you know :D
not the things women have during period time of the mont, or when getting 40 or older.
The full package, unlimited 'bandtwidt' i have, lets call it like that.
From the limited number of people in holland who have it (so there arent tha many) there's also a very very small amount of a small amount that have it, and guess what: i happen to be one of the 'lucky' guys to have it, cause normally it should be mainly a ladies only thing.

Ahwell just my bad luck i guess :D
Good thing: you can become 100 or older so its not lethal, but it puts some (serious) limitations on you.
So i have to live with it.