It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready to play dirty?

<span class="bold">Gremlins, Inc.</span>, a fierce digital board game where you must outmanoeuvre other gremlin businessmen at every turn, is now available on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

This is a gremlin eat gremlin world of ruthless capitalism, political power struggles, and opportunistic moves. Use cunning, subterfuge, and your conveniently maladjusted moral compass to navigate a steampunk universe of cut-throat profiteering, both in single-player and multiplayer.

Expand your experience further with the <span class="bold">Digital Artbook</span> or <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span>, plus the <span class="bold">Uninvited Guests</span>, <span class="bold">Astral Gamblers</span>, and <span class="bold">Automated Competitors</span> DLC.

The 50% discount will last until May 18, 13:00 PM UTC.

NOTE: The game supports Galaxy/Steam crossplay, GOG Galaxy achievements, and a fully functional mod Workshop, among other things.

When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes, with item drops; and Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode.

Tinker with the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
Looks good, liked it when a gog-lyte showed it previously.
But the DLC is fucking horrid portrait and music, both seem to offer the same thing.
Then there is the "if you like it, you can support our efforts by your purchase" What, so i'm not supporting you by buying the base game........only DLC makes you money ??
I also carn't work out what the fuck i will lose by being a offline player, "an additional optional player icon for the lobby, plus an alternative background for the main menu." i'm guessing the lobby stuff being one..carn't help thinking what else....confused as hell.

Edit - Gonna be a no to this, much clearer picture of how it works etc now....
Oh well, looked promising too.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by DampSquib
Djaron: snip
Yea I'm guessing it was the one I was part of, last time I looked it was still on Steam. I was the one that basically I got into an long drawn out argument with them and the thread finally got closed, I don't regret it though because their argument was asinine. But yea it was always possible, they just didn't want to do it until people started bitching.
Hmm. Looks interesting. Wishlisted for now.
Johnathanamz: So I'm still free to be able to download and install mods from the Nexus mods websites?

Or any other third party websites that host mods?

Most mods won't be exclusively in one place?

Well that of course is all up to the PC gamers who make mods and want them uploaded to third party websites or not.
Qfasa: All tools to create, download and manage the mods are built-in in the game. We don't use third-party sites to upload the mods, they all available directly from the game.
So if I make my own mods I can't upload them to third party websites at all for PC gamers to download or for me to download at all?

If this is true then I'm sad.

The loot drops can you sell them if you get them like on Steam's Marketplace? I hope we can't.

We gog.com PC gamers still get loot drops though correct?

We felt it important to note that Gremlins, Inc. is not a free-to-play game. Also, this is not a CCG or TCG: you do not need to buy boosters or packs; in every session the game offers the same deck to every player, and everyone's chances are equal.

CAN YOU PLAY THIS GAME OFFLINE?
Certainly! When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – the edition that is playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes (with cross-platform GOG/Steam servers); and Gremlins vs Automatons – the edition that is playable offline in single-player mode, without any connection to our server whatsoever.

OUR DLC POLICY
We are committed to the principle of continuously updating the game with new features and new game content that come as regular updates, FREE to every owner of the product. At the same time, from time to time we release DLCs that feature fun cosmetic content. If you like it, you can support our efforts by your purchase. However, there is absolutely no pressure to own any of the DLCs in order to play the game or compete in the tournaments. Every player, whether they have DLCs or not, has access to the same game features and the same game mechanics.
^All i wanted to know about the game, in three paragraphs; the gamecard has one of the longest Description sections i've seen -- took a while to read but, thankfully, the information provided in there is very to-the-point and it has cleared any confusion i had. No hot seat multiplayer is a shame i guess, but other than that the game looks great and i hope it plays great in the single player mode too.

As for the DLCs, glad to hear only the cosmetic ones will be paid because that would be a major no-no for me. Having said that, if the game is really good i'd prefer to gift a copy to show my support rather than buy stoopid DLCs (but that's just me!). ;)
Silverhawk170485: Hello. I bought the game and here on GOG there is the artbook part 1 & 2 and soundtrack part 1 & 2 in the dlc section for Mac. Are these really two differnet parts, because they are named the same and have the same download size?
SergeiKlimov: The OST and the Artbook exist as whole products, not in parts. Could you clarify where exactly you're seeing this? A screenshot would be the best. Tx.
I attached the Screenshot. It's under DLC.
Attachments:
Johnathanamz: So if I make my own mods I can't upload them to third party websites at all for PC gamers to download or for me to download at all?
The mods in Gremlins, Inc. are the mods that you make through the game. You upload them for others and download mods made by others, through the game as well. These mods do not contain any additional content. No extra visuals. No extra text. The mods are the changes in the game rules / contents of the game deck / starting conditions.
Johnathanamz: The loot drops can you sell them if you get them like on Steam's Marketplace? I hope we can't.

The in-game items are issued for free to players on Steam and GOG, through Gremlins, Inc.

If you play on Steam, you can trade them on Steam Marketplace.

If you play on GOG, you cannot trade them. Once GOG Galaxy supports some sort of marketplace, we will be able to link up from the game and offer trading to GOG users to the extent that GOG Galaxy will support it.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by SergeiKlimov
Fesin: Why is it 2 seperate "games" though? I really don't see the point of that. Why not just include the option to play the singleplayer offline in the main game?
SergeiKlimov: In terms of software, these are two different products.

One product works on its own. Another product consists of a client and a server.

The offline version was written in addition to the online version, specifically to offer the opportunity to play without any Internet connection.
Thanks for the response. It's always nice seeing devs directly communicating on the GOG forums.

I guess technically it still fullfills the "offline single-player" criteria of GOGs DRM-free definition, and it might not be that much different from other games that have multiplayer DRM. But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that there is now a game on GOG that requires Galaxy and an internet connection even for single-player.
Johnathanamz: So if I make my own mods I can't upload them to third party websites at all for PC gamers to download or for me to download at all?
SergeiKlimov: The mods in Gremlins, Inc. are the mods that you make through the game. You upload them for others and download mods made by others, through the game as well. These mods do not contain any additional content. No extra visuals. No extra text. The mods are the changes in the game rules / contents of the game deck / starting conditions.
Johnathanamz: The loot drops can you sell them if you get them like on Steam's Marketplace? I hope we can't.

SergeiKlimov: The in-game items are issued for free to players on Steam and GOG, through Gremlins, Inc.

If you play on Steam, you can trade them on Steam Marketplace.

If you play on GOG, you cannot trade them. Once GOG Galaxy supports some sort of marketplace, we will be able to link up from the game and offer trading to GOG users to the extent that GOG Galaxy will support it.
Ok thanks for the answer, but my last question.

Does the gog.com version of Gremlins, Inc have microtransactions like on Steam or no?

Please be no, please be no.

I know you guys sell DLC's and I'm ok with that, just microtransactions I'm not ok with and I don't want gog.com to start adding them at all.

Late response thank you for the answer.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by Johnathanamz
Silverhawk170485: I attached the Screenshot. It's under DLC.
Thanks for this.

We cannot replicate on our own Mac systems, so we started a discussion involving GOG support in order to find out where this can possibly come from. Sorry about that.
Fesin: But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that there is now a game on GOG that requires Galaxy and an internet connection even for single-player.
Gremlins vs Automatons does not require any Internet connection in order to play the product.

Gremlins, Inc. does require the connection, as there's no way that it could support in-game item drops, mods and multiplayer without being a client/server product.

You can think of Gremlins vs Automatons being the single-player experience, and Gremlins, Inc. being the enhanced experience that adds the features requiring server connection on our end.
Silverhawk170485: I attached the Screenshot. It's under DLC.
SergeiKlimov: Thanks for this.

We cannot replicate on our own Mac systems, so we started a discussion involving GOG support in order to find out where this can possibly come from. Sorry about that.
No problem. It's not your fault. ;)
Post edited May 11, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
Johnathanamz: Does the gog.com version of Gremlins, Inc have microtransactions like on Steam or no?
I'm not sure what you classify under micro-transactions, but if you mean Steam Item Store, then this is a Steam-only functionality; we do not have any payment modules in the game itself.

The items on the Steam Item Store are essentially a meta for the meta, they change certain things with the probability of getting free items for those who are into the meta-game.
SergeiKlimov: Thanks for this.

Silverhawk170485: No problem. It's not your fault. ;)
Just heard back from the GOG team, they have fixed this; it was an issue with Mac installer routine. Thanks for the early and accurate report, you probably saved quite some traffic to fellow Mac users =)
Johnathanamz: Does the gog.com version of Gremlins, Inc have microtransactions like on Steam or no?
SergeiKlimov: I'm not sure what you classify under micro-transactions, but if you mean Steam Item Store, then this is a Steam-only functionality; we do not have any payment modules in the game itself.

The items on the Steam Item Store are essentially a meta for the meta, they change certain things with the probability of getting free items for those who are into the meta-game.
Silverhawk170485: No problem. It's not your fault. ;)
SergeiKlimov: Just heard back from the GOG team, they have fixed this; it was an issue with Mac installer routine. Thanks for the early and accurate report, you probably saved quite some traffic to fellow Mac users =)
Yeah that is what I was referring to when I said about microtransactions.

I'm very happy this doesn't exist on the gog.com version of Gremlins, Inc.

I just don't like microtransactions invading every single video games on the video games market.

I don't really like capitalism invading almost every part of life.

Anyways thank you for all of your answers.
3 Questions:

- Is this a watered down version that will be like Armello which was not further supported?

-Can I play this and all its contents (multiplayer not included of course) offline?

-Lastly, I got this game on steam but if it is playable offline now, is there any chance this will be on GOG connect since I would want to get all the DLCs on GOG.

Additional question: Are the DLCs offline mode compatible plus will you be releasing more offline mode DLCs? I just want a game to play with the AI and my PC connection is pretty dodgy so offline mode is really a welcome addition for me.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by towerbooks3192
high rated
Johnathanamz: I just don't like microtransactions invading every single video games on the video games market.

I don't really like capitalism invading almost every part of life.
We feel that to be successful in this format, you have to design the game from scratch to be geared towards continued revenue. This poses a very big design challenge (at least for us): creating an enjoyable experience that at the same time should motivate players to spend more, or at least offer such opportunities naturally. I would say that rather few companies succeeded in this, e.g. Supercell, Wargaming, and it's an immense task to do this right. No one on our team has the required skills or experience to try this out, for now.

In a more general sense, what I see from the Steam dev forums, is that many young dev teams struggle to find audience when they launch. And quite often the solution is to start with the game being free, get the crowd of players, and then somehow transition into the F2P revenue model. It's not that they're being evil (at least the teams that I refer to), it's just that they see no other way to access the audience.

As a contra example, we are very successful in China with Gremlins, Inc. Roughly every 3rd player in the game right now is from China. When we just started there, we were told by many people that Chinese market only works for a free-to-play product, and we are not going to see much success offering it at ¥68. But in fact there's a great community that plays the game and does not view the regular/premium sales model as a barrier. I think, any kind of financial model is fine, as long as it's done well and with user experience in mind.
towerbooks3192: - Is this a watered down version that will be like Armello which was not further supported?

-Can I play this and all its contents (multiplayer not included of course) offline?

-Lastly, I got this game on steam but if it is playable offline now, is there any chance this will be on GOG connect since I would want to get all the DLCs on GOG.
(1) I'm not familiar with what you refer to. The gameplay functionality of the GOG release of Gremlins, Inc. and its Steam release is 1:1. The only differences in experience are in what Steam and GOG Galaxy offer on top of the games, i.e. Steam Marketplace/Steam Item Store.

(2) You can play Gremlins vs Automatons offline, this is a standalone product. To access multiplayer and online-specific features (in-game item drops), you will need to launch Gremlins, Inc., which connects to the server.

(3) If you have this game on Steam, then you also have both products: the offline and the online editions. We haven't discussed GOG Connect with anyone at GOG yet, so I have nothing to say on this issue for the moment, sorry.