It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're casting True Resurrection on Eye of the Beholder and twelve more D&D GoldBox classics.

You are sitting in a tavern. The mighty Wizards of the Coast bestow upon you their greatest treasures: Forgotten Realms: The Archives - long lost relics of an RPG renaissance that changed the face of gaming forever. Today, one of the forgotten grails of gaming history is within your grasp, should you travel to a magical, DRM-free realm known as GOG.com

Eye of the Beholder, Pool of Radiance, Menzoberranzan - the list of groundbreaking RPG classics goes on. We set out on the quest for Forgotten Realms: The Archives a long time ago, and though it was a perilous journey - after years of searching, huge help from our friends at Hasbro and Wizards of The Coast, as well as months of technical work - we get to be freaking excited to sit here and say:
Forgotten Realms: The Archives are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The Archives are a set of thirteen D&D GoldBox classics packaged across three collections:
--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One</span> features Eye of the Beholder I, II, and III. It's the three and only, the gold-standard in classic RPG dungeon crawling.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two</span> features more gameplay hours and secrets than we could ever count - with Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Pools of Darkness, Secret of the Silver Blades, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, and D&D: Unlimited Adventures.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three</span> features near-infinite replay value and and an important chunk of RPG history with Dungeon Hack and Menzoberranzan.

We are now home to precisely 20 years of digital D&D RPG history - from Pool of Radiance (1988) to Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (2008). You can also complete your personal collection with all the remaining D&D titles on sale at up to 80% off in our early D&amp;D Weekend Promo! Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights - they're all here, so head straight to the promo page, or read more about it.

Stream watch:

We'll be featuring lots of D&D classics at Twitch.tv/GOGcom - follow us to not miss 'em or read on for the full Dungeon-and-Dragon-filled schedule below!

THURSDAY, August 20th:
2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT: Pool of Radiance with Classicor
4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: Eye of the Beholder II with MegapiemanPHD
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Eye of the Beholder with Outstar
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Menzoberranzan with Classicor

FRIDAY, August 21st:
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Curse of the Azure Bonds with Piranjade

SUNDAY, August 23rd:
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Dungeon Hack with Classicor
Thank you, GOG! It was your site that made me a D&D fan, and got me interested in the Tabletop along with the cRPGs. For a while now, I've been wanting to play this classics and I'm excited to jump into them...after I go to Target and buy some graph paper! You guys are amazing. I do have a quick question, in case one of you reads my post. What are the chances of us getting wallpapers for these and the Star Wars and Star Trek games? If it's too involved to make happen, don't worry about it! I'd rather get more games than wallpapers!
There's a [url=]PC Gamer article[/url] about getting the rights - GOG.com owns them outright now after buying them from an unexpected company - the same company that owns The Learning Company.

A question for GOG.com - the article is kind of ambiguous. Do you guys own the rights to all of SSI's games, or just the Forgotten Realms ones? The former seems more likely since you've hinted more than once that the Dragonlance Krynn trilogy is on the way.
I've thought of another question - is Gores Technology Group selling you guys games on a case-by-case basis? And if so, if one or more games are too expensive for you, would you please consider crowdfunding the purchase of the rights?
JudasIscariot: Where do you see this?
Ghildrean: Pools of Darkness installed through Galaxy still doesn't have the correct icon. I have uploaded a screenshot of the files in the folder.

I have noticed that file "goggame-1432643408.ico" is missing (the normal installer have it but it's totally missing in Galaxy) but I don't know why the uninstaller is a cat instead of the usual orange disk icon.
Fixed, thanks :)
BiggerJ: There's a [url=]PC Gamer article[/url] about getting the rights - GOG.com owns them outright now after buying them from an unexpected company - the same company that owns The Learning Company.

A question for GOG.com - the article is kind of ambiguous. Do you guys own the rights to all of SSI's games, or just the Forgotten Realms ones? The former seems more likely since you've hinted more than once that the Dragonlance Krynn trilogy is on the way.
So does that mean gog now owns the rights to the old D&D games themselves or just the publishing rights? Very interesting article and crazy that Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast didn't even have the rights to those games.
Post edited August 27, 2015 by haydenaurion
Ghildrean: Pools of Darkness installed through Galaxy still doesn't have the correct icon. I have uploaded a screenshot of the files in the folder.

I have noticed that file "goggame-1432643408.ico" is missing (the normal installer have it but it's totally missing in Galaxy) but I don't know why the uninstaller is a cat instead of the usual orange disk icon.
JudasIscariot: Fixed, thanks :)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
That cat should instead be on ALL the uninstallers.
HunchBluntley: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I uninstalled a game once. It was terrible.
haydenaurion: So does that mean gog now owns the rights to the old D&D games themselves or just the publishing rights? Very interesting article and crazy that Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast didn't even have the rights to those games.
They own all the rights to those games except for trademarks and copyrighted content owned by Hasbro/Wizards, so they still need to strike a deal with the Pony People whenever they want to release a D&D game.

I thought the rights were with Ubisoft, and so did they. I wonder if they would have been able to move forward if the rights turned out to be owned by Mattel, age-old nemesis of Hasbro. Then again, both Mattel's He-Man and Hasbro's G.I. Joe both appear in the recently-released Toy Soldiers: War Chest.
Grargar: I uninstalled a game once. It was terrible.
I can't uninstall any GOG games on my computer (a registry got fucked)

Unless I manually delete every single thing related to that game.
BiggerJ: ...
Don't forget the two sequels to Heroes of the Lance. And the strategy game War of the Lance. Those, DragonStrike and the Krynn trilogy are all Dragonlance - enough for a set of at least two Dragonlance Archives.
oldschool: ...
I'd like to add the two Buck Rogers games as well. The Amiga version was awesome. Sadly Matrix Cubed was only available on the PC.
Nicely done; thanks to the both of you for pointing those out! :-)
haydenaurion: So does that mean gog now owns the rights to the old D&D games themselves or just the publishing rights? Very interesting article and crazy that Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast didn't even have the rights to those games.
BiggerJ: They own all the rights to those games except for trademarks and copyrighted content owned by Hasbro/Wizards, so they still need to strike a deal with the Pony People whenever they want to release a D&D game.
No doubt if they wanted to make a new game they need a new deal, but I do wonder if a remake (using the same 1st edition rules, but with an improved gui) really needs a new deal.
It is... within our QA :P
Although I'm thinking about switching it to my plush Cacodemon ;)
mangamuscle: No doubt if they wanted to make a new game they need a new deal, but I do wonder if a remake (using the same 1st edition rules, but with an improved gui) really needs a new deal.
I meant rerelease. But as for new games, a remake would have to be treated as a new product.
Thiev: ... my plush Cacodemon ;)
*envy*
toxicTom: *envy*
heheheh &gt;:)