It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The grandest of grand.

<span class="bold">Europa Universalis III Complete</span>, among the grandest of grand strategy games, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get 66% off your game, or an entire <span class="bold">75% off if you get it alongside the DLC Collection.</span>

The Europa Universalis series is, without a doubt, one of the most legendary and influential grand strategy titles ever released. It singlehandedly spawned a generation of Paradox Interactive titles including Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings and Victoria - all the while remaining the most well-rounded strategy simulator out there. Europa Universalis III is a great starting point on your grand strategy adventure, it'll give you the opportunity to learn the basics and try the many facets of Paradox's signature gameplay - and perhaps move on to a deeper, more focused experience. Or perhaps you enjoy being the lord of every domain. The choice, as always in Europa Universalis III, is truly yours.

You can also pick up the <span class="bold">DLC Collection.</span>, full of additional content and full blown expansions including Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind.

<span class="bold">Europa Universalis III Complete</span> is now DRM-free on GOG.com, the launch discount will last for 5 days, until Tuesday, October 13.
So those moaning about no Paradox bought it?
deleted
This kind of release discount kills me. I dread the day CK2 comes here with its legions of dlc.
vicklemos: No nope I know Paradox, swedish, yup ;P
I mean, the inspiration. Any other grand strategy game like it came before..... right? :D
FoxySage: The inspiration for Europa Universalis was a board game of same name, as for other grand strategy games like it... Imperialism is the only one that i know of and i think that's the first game of that genre. It focus on the same Age of Discovery era as Europa Universalis too with colonization of the new world.
Thanks!
Fairfox: "Complete" isn't actually complete? Holy lolz, what a lack of foresight.
Here's how it went down, IIRC: after two expansions for EU3 (In Nomine and Napoleon's Ambition), Paradox had planned to move on from the game, so they made the Complete version, intending for that to be the final edition. There was so much demand for more expansions, however, that they changed their minds. Eventually they released two more expansions for EU3 (Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind). Once that was done, they made EU3 Chronicles, which couldn't be called EU3 Complete, because that name was already taken.

They haven't changed the name of the old EU3 Complete because that would make things even more confusing.

Of course, if you buy Complete plus the Upgrade here on GOG, you also get all the unit sprites and other cosmetic enhancements that aren't included in the EU3 Chronicles edition. My recommendation would be to buy both Complete and the Upgrade package if you're going to buy it here. By doing that, you'll have the really-truly-ultimately-complete version of EU3.

It's a really good game, FWIW. If anyone is thinking about mods, I've had good experiences with Death & Taxes.

Note to GOG - I'm still waiting for Victoria 2.
Post edited October 09, 2015 by UniversalWolf
Fairfox: "Complete" isn't actually complete? Holy lolz, what a lack of foresight.
You just didn't see the fine print.

I'll zoom it for you:
inCOMPLETE
Post edited October 09, 2015 by phaolo
Yet another game where the first (and seems only) review isnt actually a review. Bloody hell. what is it with ppl? :/
I like it better than EU4.
EUIII is quite superior to EUVI, unfortunately. EUIV could have been great, instead its merely good. CK2 is the best game of them all. Damn good game.
Europa Universalis III Complete may have been accurate at the time of it's initial release, but today it is blatantly false advertising, which is illegal in most countries. I am surprised Paradox is continuing to use that title, and more surprised that GOG is going along with it.
gscotti: Kind of want, but my problem with these Paradox games (I am not sure about EU3 specifically) is that with my poor eyesight I am not anymore able to comfortably read the messages on screen. And I have never found a way to increase the font size. Is there any option to change this in EU3, or an option to play the game at lower resolution?
Wolfram_von_Thal: I suffer from the same problems, my eyes aren't what they used to be anymore. I play it on 1024x768 and that's acceptable in my case, in every higher resolution the font is too small for me.
Good to hear the user interface is usable at 1024x768 in EUIII. I think I tried that resolution in HoI III recently, and had to give up. That's why I didn't dare to get the other Paradox games on GOG, but EU III really intrigues me.
Still no windowed mode even in EU3? ARGH!!!

And hey, multiple text bugs (missing strings) immediately upon my first attempt at playing. *sigh* (standard scenario, as Portugal.
I'm glad Little Inferno wasn't the only release today, though I had hoped GOG would have given us something to combat the "GOG can't get any AAA games"-esque thread.

Seems good, hopefully people are happy to see EU3 here. (I guess the titling "complete" is a pisser on the party, though.)
Post edited October 09, 2015 by tfishell
deleted
What is the time period of this game?