It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Eternam is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until July 8th, 3pm UTC.

Congratulations Don Jonz! You have just won a Virtual Adventure Vacation on Eternam, the biggest and best planetary Funpark in the galaxy.

Hard working intergalactic Space Marshals like yourself deserve to experience the ultimate gateway. Travel through 3D landscapes to more than a half-dozen past human eras, populated with life-like-bio-tech creatures offering tongue-in-cheek remarks. From the age of the pharaohs and the realm of medieval knights to the French Revolution and beyond, you'll have the adventure of a lifetime... or several.
Leroux: Huh, never even knew this game existed, first time I hear about it. Strange, since it seems it got good ratings and reviews at the time and it looks unusual and weirdly original. I'm tempted to buy it at this price, just to see what it's like. But no manual? Also, I understand there was a CD version with voiceovers (but some issues as well) - which version is this, floppy disk, CD, or both?
Cadaver747: One installer for CD version (no subtitles / no text options in conversations), and no goodies. Nice in-game music though.
no subtitles AND no floppy version with text = dealbreaker
Cadaver747: One installer for CD version (no subtitles / no text options in conversations), and no goodies. Nice in-game music though.
Ashnak: no subtitles AND no floppy version with text = dealbreaker
Not necessary since the publisher HAVE the floppy version at their disposal (Steam store). It probably will take some time for them to add it.
Thanks!
I had the first edition of this game back in 1992 in a big box and on 5.25 floppies. The game is absolutely terrible. I hate it. This mix of terrible 2D and terrible 3D. What an awful game.

End of rant :-D
jepf999: I had the first edition of this game back in 1992 in a big box and on 5.25 floppies. The game is absolutely terrible. I hate it. This mix of terrible 2D and terrible 3D. What an awful game.

End of rant :-D
So you're saying you instabought? :D
I watched part of the video someone linked and, man!, that guy is cringey as all hell! But at least I got to see a bit of the game and it does look interesting enough to wishlist, for now.
Ashnak: no subtitles AND no floppy version with text = dealbreaker
Cadaver747: Not necessary since the publisher HAVE the floppy version at their disposal (Steam store). It probably will take some time for them to add it.
I have this game in steam, it has both CD and floppy versions but that's basically the same thing: no voice over in both (added subs), sound stops entirely thru game. If they took same version then they had to add subtitles to gog version as well?

anyone have seen manual or at least text file with controls in game files? my game on steam refuses to save progress and I'd like to know why (is it me or the game)?
Cadaver747: Not necessary since the publisher HAVE the floppy version at their disposal (Steam store). It probably will take some time for them to add it.
djoxyk: I have this game in steam, it has both CD and floppy versions but that's basically the same thing: no voice over in both (added subs), sound stops entirely thru game. If they took same version then they had to add subtitles to gog version as well?

anyone have seen manual or at least text file with controls in game files? my game on steam refuses to save progress and I'd like to know why (is it me or the game)?
The GOG version is the CD one. Unfortunately they still haven't supplied the original floppy one, which is a shame because it's my favourite.
The game does have digitized voices, but no subtitles.

The GOG version allows to save/load game without any issues.

As for the manual or instructions, I couldn't find any single "doc" file as well. But if you do a web search you can find the controls guide without much problem.
djoxyk: anyone have seen manual or at least text file with controls in game files? my game on steam refuses to save progress and I'd like to know why (is it me or the game)?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/569904-eternam/faqs/36308

Disk (Floppy)
-------------

Allows access to the save and load functions. There's also a volume control,
and a window size function to reduce the size of the playing window to speed
the game up if you happen to be playing on a vintage machine.

Use the arrow key to highlight the options and enter to select the highlight
option. S will select save, and L will select load.

Keyboard: D
djoxyk: I have this game in steam, it has both CD and floppy versions but that's basically the same thing: no voice over in both (added subs), sound stops entirely thru game. If they took same version then they had to add subtitles to gog version as well?

karnak1: The GOG version is the CD one. Unfortunately they still haven't supplied the original floppy one, which is a shame because it's my favourite.
The game does have digitized voices, but no subtitles.

The GOG version allows to save/load game without any issues.

As for the manual or instructions, I couldn't find any single "doc" file as well. But if you do a web search you can find the controls guide without much problem.
found some old walkthrough on ign, it looks like I have used wrong keys to save. thanks for suggestion!
UPDATED: Goodies section now contains manual

Eternam Manual in PDF:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1syrgDDgQ33QQfv8Is_z_HjJY0F1b7jgV/view?usp=sharing
Post edited July 04, 2019 by Cadaver747
upd. edited to avoid same message with Cadaver747
Post edited July 02, 2019 by djoxyk
*facepalm*
How good is this game?
samuraigaiden: How good is this game?
It's somewhere in the range of fascinating to SBiG. Lots of neat ideas and concepts, clunky UI/Nav.