It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brand of a pirate.

Escape from Monkey Island™ is now available DRM-free, only on GOG.com.
Married life is not easy, especially when you're a restless and -largely- clueless pirate legend like Guybrush Threepwood. Doesn't help if your wife is considered officially dead, either.
Complete your Monkey Island collection as you embark on a hilarious adventure to save the pirates' unsavory way of life from the curse of late capitalism. Demonic cameos, cutthroat puzzles, and a dash of time paradox await!

Catch up on the legendary series with 25% off Curse of Monkey Island and 66% off Secret of Monkey Island and LeChuck's Revenge. Or grab them all together with Escape from Monkey Island with Stan's permanent, additional 25% series discount.
Individual discounts last until June 21, 1pm UTC.
PainOfSalvation: Why did the group discount ended today when initially it was suppose to end on 26th?
I want to know the same thing. I was going to buy it tomorrow, and then suddenly it's gone!?
I am on board with everyone else in wanting the original versions of these games. Even if they're only available as extras for the remasters.

Now, I'm normally against the whole practice of making an original version of a game only available with a more expensive and less desirable "remaster" but in this case, the original DOS versions of MI 1 + 2, DotT and Full Throttle have not been available for sale in any form for about 20 years.

(And no, being able to switch to the "original" graphics and audio in the remasters, only with additional bugs, glitches, and lack of ScummVM support does NOT count.)

EDIT: Sorry. I'm an idiot. The remasters apparently do not break ScummVM support. They have the original game data embedded in their data files.
Post edited June 22, 2018 by pbaggers
pbaggers: I am on board with everyone else in wanting the original versions of these games. Even if they're only available as extras for the remasters.

Now, I'm normally against the whole practice of making an original version of a game only available with a more expensive and less desirable "remaster" (ie, Planescape Torment: Enhanced, Simon the Sorcerer "HD") but in this case, the original DOS versions of MI 1 + 2, DotT and Full Throttle have not been available for sale in any form for at least 15 years.
You can extract original game data from remastered/special edition.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/rom_based_gog_games_compatible_with_third_party_emulators_thread
Breja: It's good that the entire series is here now, but honestly Escape is the low point of the franchise. The graphics aged badly, the controls are beyond sucky and just overall it's the least fun of the bunch. It's the only one I never finished, and I'm about as big a fan of Monkey Island as you're likely to find.
Haha. I could have written this exact post. Huge fan and this is the only one i did not finish, got stuck in some shop where you had to enter a code on some wheels and i refused to cheat. Will finally finish it now though.
Post edited June 22, 2018 by don_tommy
Lucas Arts games missing:

- SW: Force Commander

- SW: BattleFront (Classic 2004)

- Indy 5: Infernal Machine
I know, you guys at GoG don't talk about games that are not ready for release, because you don't want to give us false hope (and some marketing/licence reasons). But please, if there is a chance this game will never make it here, tell us.

- Monkey Island 1+2 (Original)
Especially the German versions, which are different from the lame new re-localization of the Special Editions. Like the Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill movies, the old MI 1+2 games are rare examples where their German localisations are absolutely worth it, because they come with their own humor.
Boris Schneider-Johne (working nowadays at Microsoft Germany) was responsible for the translation (together with Heinrich Lenhardt). He "hacked" Maniac Mansion to change the text and then offered his service to Lucasfilm Games.
Post edited June 22, 2018 by Rhyney
Rhyney: Lucas Arts games missing:
The first four I would definitely love to see here and they would be instabuys.
But I couldn´t care less about Monkey Island originals, since you can still take files from Remasters and play them with SCUMMVM.
Glaucos: Please don't say that! I still want Star Wars Force Commander and the original Battlefront. :P
faroot: That may be a problem. It looks like the original Battlefront is offered as a free-during-subscription
game with a monthly Electronic Arts Origin Access subscription.
LoL. The original Battlefront is "Star Wars: Battlefront 1 [Classic 2004], not "Star Wars Battlefront EA [Reboot 2015]"!
Stupid Reboot naming policy.
Post edited June 22, 2018 by Rhyney
I'm using this game in Linux with Wine. It works fine except when I want to save a game: it hangs in the "saving" screen (after having saved it), with the music still going, but can't return to the game. I have to kill the program and launch it again. Fortunately I can still load those saved games.

Any advice?
rastersoft: I'm using this game in Linux with Wine. It works fine except when I want to save a game: it hangs in the "saving" screen (after having saved it), with the music still going, but can't return to the game. I have to kill the program and launch it again. Fortunately I can still load those saved games.

Any advice?
Try playing the game with ResidualVM.

http://www.residualvm.org/downloads/

I'm not sure if it helps, and maybe it creates a bunch of new problems, but at least you can stop using Wine, so if that's the root cause, then the problem should also get fixed. The same can be said of the exe file, ResidualVM doesn't use that, so if there's a problem with that, it's unlikely to occur in ResidualVM.

Of course your current savegames are most likely not going to work with ResidualVM, so that's a thing to consider as well.
faroot: That may be a problem. It looks like the original Battlefront is offered as a free-during-subscription
game with a monthly Electronic Arts Origin Access subscription.
You mean Battlefront 2015 or Battlefront 2004? I assume you mean 2015 but 2004 is the one most people want to see here I think.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/star_wars_battlefront
Post edited June 22, 2018 by tfishell
kbnrylaec: You can extract original game data from remastered/special edition.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/rom_based_gog_games_compatible_with_third_party_emulators_thread
Worth noting this is a much more complex process than just directing ScummVM to a folder, which is all it would take with the original files. Not saying it's HARD or anything, but remember that some people are computer illiterate.
kbnrylaec: You can extract original game data from remastered/special edition.
StingingVelvet: Worth noting this is a much more complex process than just directing ScummVM to a folder, which is all it would take with the original files. Not saying it's HARD or anything, but remember that some people are computer illiterate.
However, the special edition does not include the original German translation I was talking about, because the localization was rewritten from scratch with the SE.
Post edited June 23, 2018 by Rhyney
rastersoft: I'm using this game in Linux with Wine. It works fine except when I want to save a game: it hangs in the "saving" screen (after having saved it), with the music still going, but can't return to the game. I have to kill the program and launch it again. Fortunately I can still load those saved games.

Any advice?
PixelBoy: Try playing the game with ResidualVM.
I already tried it, but it isn't recognized.

Anyway, found that changing to the desktop and returning solves this problem, but now it locks in pete nosepeg's house, and this seems to be a bug in the game itself: guybrush refuses to leave the raft. Other people are commenting this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonkeyIsland/comments/7mjxzo/escape_glitchguybrush_wont_get_off_the_raft/
Post edited July 04, 2018 by rastersoft
Now this is a game that could use an HD remake.

The Monkey Kombat section still brings back bad memories. Strangely enough when I played the game originally I found a bug that didn't allow me to go past. I felt proud of myself at the time that I managed to solve the issue by myself. The issue in question was near the school bit I think.
rastersoft: I already tried it, but it isn't recognized.

Anyway, found that changing to the desktop and returning solves this problem, but now it locks in pete nosepeg's house, and this seems to be a bug in the game itself: guybrush refuses to leave the raft. Other people are commenting this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonkeyIsland/comments/7mjxzo/escape_glitchguybrush_wont_get_off_the_raft/
I didn't have that issue, got past that part just fine. I know that doesn't help, just saying it to clarify the GOG version isn't broken in some way.