It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Build your dynasty.

<span class="bold">Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom</span>, a 3000-year build-up of China's turbulent history, is now available, DRM-free and as a digital exclusive on GOG.com!

Being the Emperor of such a vast and ancient kingdom is nothing if not challenging. Once you're done admiring the exotic visuals, you will be faced with the economic, political, military, and diplomatic affairs that will either expand your kingdom or abruptly halt its glorious course through history.
Just used the wsfg fix. Works great.
Just bought it. Now I have the entire series ;)
Ah, this one at last! There has been a comment asking about this game below every other GOG video on Youtube for quite a time. Once again, not a release I'd personally enjoy, but I'm very happy about it all the same because (together with Caesar 1 & 2) it keeps the stream of good old games running along at full force!
high rated
melmovano: I don't get it, only 5 bucks and people still say "Thanks GOG but I'll wait until I get it for free (wishlist)!" ??

I have been waiting so long for this one. 15 years ago (or something like that) I got the game on a CD from a PC mag, then lost the CD and waited all these years to stumble upon it again.

Instabought!

All hail GOG :-)
In some places of the world, 5 dollars is still quite a lot of money :)
Post edited February 09, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Nice release, I'll be grabbing it very soon. One more to cross the fence from physical to digital, only 10 remaining.
melmovano: I don't get it, only 5 bucks and people still say "Thanks GOG but I'll wait until I get it for free (wishlist)!" ??
To be fair, you're only hearing from the forum users, who are just a very small portion of GOG's userbase.

The $6 tag really surprised me, I figured it would be $10 like the other non-DOS Impressions games.
Post edited February 10, 2017 by tfishell
It's the second best-selling game in the past several hours, so I guess people are indeed willing to pay for it fair and square ;)
Finally! I have been waitting for this game for so long.
Nice to see some of the Sierra games backlog on GOG.
I suspect the Laura Bow Games will be before too much longer.
Thanks GOG. Being a big fan of Caesar 3 and Pharaoh, I've always wanted to try Emperor! Very nice addition, and one more good old game!
Hah!! I'd made a kind of promise to myself that I wouldn't buy anything more from GOG until it released Emperor. (Not sulking, just a bit of self-restraint.) And now here it is.

Yes, of course I bought it!! ;-) (And the two early Caesars, just to give them a try.)

Thanks for the release, GOG. A bit of a pity the original release came so late in Sierra's history, that there was no extra module like Poseidon or Cleopatra. But I'll take what I can get.
tfishell: The $6 tag really surprised me, I figured it would be $10 like the other non-DOS Impressions games.
Probably because it has no expansion, unlike the other two (Pharaoh and Zeus).

I have been waiting so long for this one. 15 years ago (or something like that) I got the game on a CD from a PC mag, then lost the CD and waited all these years to stumble upon it again.

Instabought!

All hail GOG :-)
While for you $5 is a cup of coffee, for other people it can be their weeks meal. Think about it.
blotunga: While for you $5 is a cup of coffee, for other people it can be their weeks meal. Think about it.
Where on Earth is $5 one cup of coffee? o_O
blotunga: While for you $5 is a cup of coffee, for other people it can be their weeks meal. Think about it.
Plokite_Wolf: Where on Earth is $5 one cup of coffee? o_O
The biggest cup of coffee you can get in Starbucks
(in Germany 5,25€). ;)
Post edited February 10, 2017 by Silverhawk170485