It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Science is NOT compliance.

ELEX is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
A vast post-apocalyptic RPG, crafted by the creators of Gothic. In a unique world where science clashes with fantasy, control of a mysterious resource, which grants people special powers, is being contested between warring factions. Pick a side and move around the open world with your handy jetpack, fighting terrible creatures and witnessing the land change based on your decisions.

Grab the Digital Extras and delve deeper into this intriguing universe.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited October 17, 2017 by maladr0Id
ChrisSZ:
Many initial reviews say the game is still quite buggy and not polished. Can we expect an update soon?
thomq: Hmm, the Elex game card says it's been polished…

Languages:
Audio and text: Deutsch, English, polski. Text only: español, français, italiano, русский
thomq:
<groan>

And +1 haha
lostwolfe: wishlisted.

but again. good god.

if you're going to sell the "digital extras" separately, PLEASE just bundle them up and call it the "digital deluxe edition" or something.
I would buy preorder if there would be digital extras included - it is a good bonus for that - it is not a locked mission and only a sale is not enough, because GOTy will be with sale and without bugs.

Now on the other hand I wish there would be some deluxe version between just the game and collectors edition - only extras for 10 eur is not enough.

But I'm glad this game is on GOG, it looks like even better risen 3, without the flaws and in a new setting. so good job :).
And I'm one of those who are happy it is the same, but better - after so many franchises was changed to worse...
What the fuck, GOG? I downloaded Elex, all 26 GB of it, and I was thinking "All right, time to play!" Then I noticed the installer was the Russian version. I reluctantly use Galaxy as a downloader since the old standalone downloader stopped working reliably. Did the recent Galaxy update introduce a bug or wipe user settings?

And after downloading the English version and looking at Elex in my library, it seems Galaxy has reset my default download to Russian again.

After having to download the game twice - 52 GB! - GOG had best be providing actual patches and not forcing a download of the entire installer to update.
SeduceMePlz: What the fuck, GOG? I downloaded Elex, all 26 GB of it, and I was thinking "All right, time to play!" Then I noticed the installer was the Russian version. I reluctantly use Galaxy as a downloader since the old standalone downloader stopped working reliably. Did the recent Galaxy update introduce a bug or wipe user settings?

And after downloading the English version and looking at Elex in my library, it seems Galaxy has reset my default download to Russian again.
Yeah, I posted in the Galaxy thread about this. Same behaviour here. Luckily, I noticed it before even 1 GB was DLed.

SeduceMePlz: After having to download the game twice - 52 GB! - GOG had best be providing actual patches and not forcing a download of the entire installer to update.
If you're updating through Galaxy, it's usually incremental, as far as I'm aware. It's the stand-alone installers that tend to be full installer overhauls.
SeduceMePlz: After having to download the game twice - 52 GB! - GOG had best be providing actual patches and not forcing a download of the entire installer to update.
GR00T: If you're updating through Galaxy, it's usually incremental, as far as I'm aware. It's the stand-alone installers that tend to be full installer overhauls.
I use Galaxy to download the standalone installers since Downloader stopped working reliably.
SeduceMePlz: I use Galaxy to download the standalone installers since Downloader stopped working reliably.
Yeah, the Backups and Goodies? I just started using it a couple weeks ago for the same reason. If No Man's Sky is any indicator, you may want to keep a regular eye out for patches. For that game, they put them out, but they only stayed up until the next patch (which tended to come quite quickly) and then they updated the installers to the version just before the most recent patch. Lots of complaints about that. Anyway, bottom line, check for patches regularly and grab them as soon as they appear. That way you won't be stuck in a situation where you're forced to DL huge files over and over.
GR00T: Yeah, the Backups and Goodies? I just started using it a couple weeks ago for the same reason. If No Man's Sky is any indicator, you may want to keep a regular eye out for patches. For that game, they put them out, but they only stayed up until the next patch (which tended to come quite quickly) and then they updated the installers to the version just before the most recent patch. Lots of complaints about that. Anyway, bottom line, check for patches regularly and grab them as soon as they appear. That way you won't be stuck in a situation where you're forced to DL huge files over and over.
Thanks for the heads up. I had that happen with Shadow Warrior, but the patch file was still available, just not listed on the site, and Judas was able to give me the link. No idea if it still works that way tho.
I did not have any problems downloading and playing the game bugfree (am 10 hours in). I also don't use Galaxy. See a trend?
Post edited October 19, 2017 by AlienMind
AlienMind: I did not have any problems downloading and playing the game bugfree (am 10 hours in). I also don't use Galaxy. See a trend?
No. Or are you suggesting that only the Galaxy users are experiencing bugs in the game?
AlienMind: I did not have any problems downloading and playing the game bugfree (am 10 hours in). I also don't use Galaxy. See a trend?
GR00T: No. Or are you suggesting that only the Galaxy users are experiencing bugs in the game?
Somebody said "Many initial reviews say the game is still quite buggy and not polished" so I'm wondering myself if only my PC is special or if they all just have problems with steam overlay or galaxy overlay and whatnot :)
Post edited October 19, 2017 by AlienMind
AlienMind: Somebody said "Many initial reviews say the game is still quite buggy and not polished" so I'm wondering myself if that's the case :)
Ah, I think that's more people being overly critical/not critical enough. I've seen the same thing with many games. But it depends on what people do in-game (different players may approach situations in different ways so that while one may find a bug at a certain point, another won't). As well, what someone may consider an intolerable bug may not even bother another player.

I played a bit of it at GOG HQ before release and found it was a bit rough from the polish viewpoint, but I didn't encounter any bugs. Granted I only played a couple hours though.
Vythonaut: "Punish" isn't the word i'd use but i understand your confusion; I used to buy physical versions too (a box with disc(s) and a printed manual can't be beaten by any digital version -- not a fan of overpriced deluxe physical versions though) but the fact that nearly every modern game i've been interested to in the last decade came with a Steam account requirement (not to mention the absence of any printed manuals) eventually made me quit caring about modern gaming. Nowadays, all my PC games shopping is done exclusively through GOG, with the occasional second-hand find on eBay being an exception.
Germany still has physical games that don't require Steam...and I don't mind collector's editions, as long as they are well-done. And thanks to not having to spend money on games that require Steam, I have enough for those that are free from any shackles...that don't require services for a simple singleplayer game.
I mostly stopped caring because of microtransactions, DLC, no dedicated servers and the like; Steam is just another point of those but I still buy some "modern" games when I see interesting ones here. Of course, I have tons of older games which need to be played...which I do.
First impressions:

The combat is somewhat unforgiving, which is fine - I love Dark Souls (the first game) and Nioh - but the combat in Elex feels clunky. It lacks the responsive, fluid control of a Souls genre game.

The loot system feels clunky. I play in 1080 on a decent-sized flatscreen TV, and half the time I can't tell there's loot in front of me until I get the prompt to pick it up. It doesn't help that some objects can be picked up while others can't - for example, one hammer could be looted while another was a static part of the scenery.

The menus are clunky, too. The pause menu can't be exited by pressing B on the controller - you have to select Continue or press the inventory button again to exit. So damn irritating. The map lags terribly. I do like the style of the menu icons.

Texture quality is uneven. The fur on Duras' armor in particular looks bad. Really bad. So bad it's distracting.

TL;DR - Clunky. The poor combat is making me not want to play.
For the price of the Collector's Edition it should have included a GOG/DRM free copy as well -- not just Steam.
SeduceMePlz: First impressions:

A: The combat...
B: The loot system...
C: The menus are...
D: Texture quality...
A: Combat is fine once you get a nice shield/sword and some skills... i can successfully fight a human one on one with a 2 hander, animals with a shield... and use my bow to take out most things prior to engagement. once you turn off autolock or use it when needed (X on off, and Z,C to swap) it becomes far easier. I also hated the combat, felt it was clunky and unwelcomed, now i enjoy it, and all it took was some practice and points in the right skills :)

B: I play on the same setup, but use mouse nad keyboard, with highlighting on its super easy to tell apart everything, i keep it off for immersion. its a lot of "looking around" just like any other RPG or most bethesda title.

C: menus seem ok, mouse and keyboard movement is easy and i can directly move to any menu needed. once in the menus i find the controller easier and faster to move around. backspace/ESC usually gets me back into the game in a jiffy

D: everything maxed post processing and MXAA makes the game looks amazing, it is by far PBytes bets looking title (Nvidia card) The only texture issues are with the crashed ships on the west coast. Everything else has rendered well with no funky textures. There were AF and AA issues but i fixed that with setting changes. poly count on some armor and clipping are all over the place but with this much content and physics its hard to complain.