It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
Martek: Are there "safe places" where you can hang out without threat if being swarmed? Like inside a closet or a floor of a building or a height where the zombies can't get at you?

So that I could, for example, go refill my coffee without having to pause the game while I was gone - because I "parked" in a "safe place"?
mcneil_1: If its like the demo (I played the demo a few weeks ago), then there are some safe areas which you can safely go afk and get your cup of coffee
Fenixp: There are literal safe places - as in, places on the map into which you can step and be 100% safe from zombies. If you climb high enough, chances are zombies won't get to you either, but they're actually quite proficient at climbing themselves so you can never be completely certain.
That's good news :)

Thanks!

I've watched, well, one Let's Play; and it did look like an actual open world game in it.

The price is a bit, uh, pricey (well above my usual range), but the game does look interesting. Will think about it a bit more - but I am feeling tempted..
I'm not a fan of First Person games, but I need to say how impressed I am with GOG.
Thanks for keeping up with bringing DRM-Free AAA titles.
Gersen: Well if you believe the AoW 3 devs the reason why we don't see many Linux version could also simply because devs don't consider the number of peoples interested by a Linux version on GoG is not significant enough for it to be worth the hassle.
Matruchus: Actually that dev said that they didn't sell enough game copies on gog to be worth for them to make a drm-free linux port available here.
Too bad. I guess I won't be contributing to the devs that can't be bothered to remove drm from their Linux version. I won't buy it on Steam or GOG.
Matruchus: Actually that dev said that they didn't sell enough game copies on gog to be worth for them to make a drm-free linux port available here.
jalister: Too bad. I guess I won't be contributing to the devs that can't be bothered to remove drm from their Linux version. I won't buy it on Steam or GOG.
This there some way we can tell them that we would be happy to buy it if Linux port happens?
No fair price package for this game :-/
StorkV88: No fair price package for this game :-/
It costs $49.79 (reg. $60) here in the U.S. What does it cost you?

jalister: Too bad. I guess I won't be contributing to the devs that can't be bothered to remove drm from their Linux version. I won't buy it on Steam or GOG.
Gateway2006: This there some way we can tell them that we would be happy to buy it if Linux port happens?
Techland has a contact form and I've been able to get in touch in the past: http://company.techland.pl/contact
Post edited March 17, 2016 by tfishell
tfishell: It costs $49.79 (reg. $60) here in the U.S. What does it cost you?

Gateway2006: This there some way we can tell them that we would be happy to buy it if Linux port happens?
tfishell: Techland has a contact form and I've been able to get in touch in the past: http://company.techland.pl/contact
It costs 41.59€ with 17% discount or 32.29£ also with 17%... And has no "fair price package"...
Azhdar: So can Techland publish all CoJs on GOG? I really like Bound in Blood & Gunslinger.
I guess they are already in a position to publish the first two games and, eventually (after their contract with Ubisoft ends), might be able to publish Gunslinger as well.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by Grargar
It's because it costs less in Italy than in the US.
tfishell: It costs $49.79 (reg. $60) here in the U.S. What does it cost you?

tfishell: Techland has a contact form and I've been able to get in touch in the past: http://company.techland.pl/contact
Thank you so much!
mrkgnao: It's because it costs less in Italy than in the US.
I think that's why he's complaining. He wanted to pay the same price as US customers. It's just not fair otherwise. XD

What's the Italian price anyway?
Niggles: ...can someone confirm whether this is meant to be primarily a coop/multiplayer game?
Is there a decent single player option...?
HenitoKisou: This is primary single player game with a lot of story and content focused on it with optional co-op and pvp and with LAN.
Basically biggest flaw of Dead Island was a game being fun in co-op but weak in single player so they made a game other way around, singie player game + co-op instead of co-op game + single player.
Thanks for letting us know ... no point in buying a coop/multiplayer game if I only want the single player experience.
So that means I should buy this title and stay away from the future release of the Dead Island series?

BKGaming: Using a framework to make development easier, quicker and cheaper is not DRM.
DRM is used with the sole purpose of restricting usage of a product after sale
that's correct, except that when that framework is closed/proprietary then you're locked in using only that platform.

XyleDaylight: ... if Galaxy was open source, had linux support ...
yes, I'd have liked that too and the funny part is they didn't even had to put big work on it since it would have been done by their users (see MaGog etc)

Niggles: Physical copy is $69.95 AUD @ Ebgames (rrp). GOG charges $71.09 AUD (and that's with 17% launch discount)
Are you sure you're comparing the complete version (basegame+expansion+4*dlcs)?
Niggles: Just realised. Physical copy is $69.95 AUD @ Ebgames (rrp). GOG charges $71.09 AUD (and that's with 17% launch discount)... what the....
You don't say... But how about in Poland:

retail (physical) ~ $30
GOG $55.69 ( $46.39 now on promo )

There's no way I could pay so much. I am going to wait a long time for a much better promo here.
Matruchus: Yes, there is. Enhanced Edition for Linux is available since 9th of february 2016 on Steam.
jalister: It's sad that Steam fights harder for Linux than GOG does. Maybe it's just that Steam may have more support for Linux. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any communication from GOG that a Linux version is in the works on any previous release missing the existing Linux version.
It all depends on the developer not the distributor.
jalister: It's sad that Steam fights harder for Linux than GOG does. Maybe it's just that Steam may have more support for Linux. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any communication from GOG that a Linux version is in the works on any previous release missing the existing Linux version.
Yeshu: It all depends on the developer not the distributor.
Not in every case. At least for Metro games the issue is with the distributor aka gog and not the developer.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by Matruchus