It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
I bought it here because no fu..... DRM and no fu..... regionlock.
It's not good that the Linux version is missing but the first two arguments outweigh this point in my opinion.
Welcome on board Techland.
Thanks GOG.
Ganni1987: - The Galaxy client isn't what it seems and it's really starting to look a lot like Steam.
Spy_Gentleman: Yes, because Galaxy is required for multiplayer is totally a DRM...

Not.
If it is blocking the release of the Linux version, then yes I will consider it as such. If Galaxy is truly as optional as they're advertising it then it shouldn't matter if there's a Linux version of Galaxy or not. - Optional remember?

Personally I have no issues not being able to play the multiplayer aspect of the game, but if it is blocking such a release, then yes that's an issue.

Remember: I said if, I'm not cutting out any other reasons.
Silverhawk170485: I bought it here because no fu..... DRM and no fu..... regionlock.
It's not good that the Linux version is missing but the first two arguments outweigh this point in my opinion.
Those are great points if Linux doesn't affect you or bother your. I'm admittedly torn because I want to support the DRM free release of a big title like this, but I really want to cut Windows out of my life. The only way to let developers and GOG know is to speak with my wallet.
Ganni1987: If it is blocking the release of the Linux version, then yes I will consider it as such.
Hold it, so DirectX, XNA and/or .NET are DRM? Because those are frameworks available for specific platforms only, which may be required for games to function.
Hm, notice it's not being published by WB here, but rather by Techland themselves. Wonder if WB's going to be adding any more games here. Still waiting on F3AR and Lego Batman 2.
Ganni1987: If it is blocking the release of the Linux version, then yes I will consider it as such.
JMich: Hold it, so DirectX, XNA and/or .NET are DRM? Because those are frameworks available for specific platforms only, which may be required for games to function.
It's not DRM, but it is Microsoft's way of trying to lock people into their OS only. I've always preferred OpenGL over DirectX for that reason alone. If a game only supports DirectX 12, that will be a game I never play.

I dumped Microsoft Office years ago because of the DRM and lack of cross-platform support. I've found cross-platform or Linux versions for nearly everything I use.

One of the biggest hold outs is Citrix Xen Center. It's ridiculous that it's Windows only considering Citrix Xen Server is Linux.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since iPhone tends to get more software even though there are more Androids.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by jalister
This is great news, with GOG being able to bring onboard another well-known title like Dying Light. Thanks for your efforts!
Excellent new release! ^_^
Is it just me, or does this look like Far Cry 3 with zombies?

Anyway, nice release, wishlisted.
Tannath: Is it just me, or does this look like Far Cry 3 with zombies?
It's focused on survival, first person parkuring (which works exceptionally well) and meele combat, so the core gameplay is quite a distance from being Far Cry 3 with zombies. Don't worry, it's a very different game (or... Well, worry, depending on how excited you were about the idea of another Far Cry)
Ganni1987: - The Galaxy client isn't what it seems and it's really starting to look a lot like Steam.
Spy_Gentleman: Yes, because Galaxy is required for multiplayer is totally a DRM...

Not.
It's DRM, just no DRM that affects the singleplayer mode. The multiplayer can only be considered DRM-free if the required DRM-free standards are the same as the singleplayer's. They aren't.

GOG ignores DRM as long as it does not affect the singleplayer. You can be okay with that but not calling games like these DRMed is hypocritical.

I do not agree with Ganni that the missing Linux versions are DRM, though. The devs can make a DRM-free version without a Galaxy API, but they won't. GOG could be more open about Galaxy development and possibly could have released a beta API or something, but they didn't. That (especially the lack of communication) is shitty for different reasons but no DRM.

[Edit:] Apparently, there's also a Lan mode, so "Galaxy [does not seem to be] required for multiplayer", which means the multiplayer mode is probably not DRMed either.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by 0Grapher
Nope. Not paying 60 dollars USD for a year old game. Add Canada to the fair price policy and then we'll talk.
Although I have already bought the damn thing ( I was looking to back up those guys for sooooo long ) I also would like to add my request for Linux version.
Tannath: Is it just me, or does this look like Far Cry 3 with zombies?
Fenixp: It's focused on survival, first person parkuring (which works exceptionally well) and meele combat, so the core gameplay is quite a distance from being Far Cry 3 with zombies. Don't worry, it's a very different game (or... Well, worry, depending on how excited you were about the idea of another Far Cry)
It doesn't really matter one way or the other. I just saw the trailer videos and though I saw many similarities.