It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A true RPG design achievement!

Divinity: Original Sin, the epic-scaled RPG from Larian Studios, very modern but also true to the best traditions of computer role playing games design with its isometric view, story-driven gameplay, and top-notch turn-based combat mechanics, is available for Windows and Mac OS X, DRM-Free on GOG.com! You can also enrich your experience with the Source Hunter DLC, that comes with two unique in-game items, a digital artbook, design documents and a full original soundtrack.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/divinity_original_sin][/url]Divinity: Original Sin is the old-school role-playing title you've been dreaming about. If you were ever imagining how the legendary classics like Baldur's Gate would look and feel like, were they developed today, this is your answer! Larian Studios managed to make good on all of their promises of classic gameplay, extensive world, gripping storyline, and flexible system paired with high production value of contemporary double-A titles. With up to a hundred hours of playtime needed to beat the game with all of its branching stories and tons of optional quests the game can prove to be everything you want it to be, and more! It also takes what's best after the modern games: rich and vivid 3D graphics, an extensive item crafting system, and a finely balanced multi-player mode. A perfect mix of classic and new RPG design, if we ever saw one.

Set out to explore the fantastic colorful realm created by Larian Studios, and make a new home for yourself in the vibrant world of Divinity: Original Sin (or even grab some extra Source Hunter DLC gear), on GOG.com. The price of the game varies from region to region, but don't be alarmed! Following the GOG.com tradition we're offering a Fair Price Package with this title, so everyone who is adversely affected by the pricing plan will be compensated with gift-codes (you will find yours in your order confirmation email).

NOTE:
The version of the game offered here comes with the full single-player campaign, but currently supports only LAN/DirectIP multiplayer modes, with on-line multiplayer features coming as a later update, powered by GOG Galaxy, our DRM-Free online gaming platform. Thank you for your patience!
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Just to bring the thread back on track and lighten the mood - great film, one of my all time favourites! :-)
The grand reveal, as the cripple shambles away from the police station, his posture straightens, his limp disappears, his stride lengthens... Brilliant!
MichiGen: BTW why in the source hunter DLC game card is written only 8MB under download size section while it's actually more than 1GB? I have a feeling that angry reviews like "OMG, $10 for 8MB of content?! What a ripoff!!!" are coming. BTW the soundtrack itself is easily worth more than $10, but it's a pity that there is not all ingame music obviously, so the same case as with Dragon Commander.
It's an artifact of GOG's listing the soundtrack (and all non game extending stuff) as the bonus content. As it is most of the size of the DLC and, being in the bonus section, is not counted in the size of the DLC it makes for a seemingly small DLC.

On the shelf the bonus content is present as a combined bonus content pack with the bonuses of the base game and the "bonuses" of the DLC, for a size of 1086MB... around the 1GB you mentioned.

real.geizterfahr: Stupid question: I just bought Original Sin (without DLC) and the purchase summary mail includes a 5.99 code. Something went wrong there, or is this what you get from the fair price package? I'm asking because I've seen people here (39.99 Euro zone) saying they got two "fair price package codes". One for a 5.99 and one for a 9.99 game. I'll donate the code(s) for the BBBBoB anyway... I just wanted to check if this is correct.
I got the opposite with the DLC.

I bought the base game in the UK and got a $5.99 code, as i expected.

I then bought the DLC, not knowing what kind of code I would get given that the price difference between the GBP price and the USD price is $2... and got TWO $5.99 codes in my email.

So, yeah, their system definitely is buggy, with some people getting less codes than they should and at least one getting more codes than they should (not that I'm complaining).
Post edited July 09, 2014 by srilumpa
I really want this game but, alas! I am too poor right now.
The soundtrack is sooo good, I really love the combat music :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6GueGwkmIo
and this one too, very nice track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rpwOAckUgE

srilumpa: It's an artifact of GOG's listing the soundtrack (and all non game extending stuff) as the bonus content. As it is most of the size of the DLC and, being in the bonus section, is not counted in the size of the DLC it makes for a seemingly small DLC.

On the shelf the bonus content is present as a combined bonus content pack with the bonuses of the base game and the "bonuses" of the DLC, for a size of 1086MB... around the 1GB you mentioned.
I see, that makes sense, thanks for the clarification.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by MichiGen
IAmSinistar: Der Tötenbus allows us so many indulgences, thanks to its hypothetical existence. :)
That one went above my head, and even the translation of "the killing bus" has me trying to weave connective threads that might not have been meant lol
Getcomposted: [...] unless you're Keyser Soze, [...]
HypersomniacLive: Just to bring the thread back on track and lighten the mood - great film, one of my all time favourites! :-)
I was going to quote the movie and found out the origin of that quote which I find fascinating :)
Post edited July 09, 2014 by Tarnicus
Getcomposted: The grand reveal, as the cripple shambles away from the police station, his posture straightens, his limp disappears, his stride lengthens... Brilliant!
The first time I saw that movie was when I caught the last 20 minutes on tv. Ruined the whole thing :(
Getcomposted: The grand reveal, as the cripple shambles away from the police station, his posture straightens, his limp disappears, his stride lengthens... Brilliant!
If we were playing trivia that I used to regularly host in MMORPGs that I played, you would both do well! I used to have a rule, which was that if any question I asked could some how be related to Kevin Spacey, then an answer of KEVO! (as he's my good [imaginary] friend, hence the familiarity) would be taken as a correct answer. That lead to some hilarious times with chat being spammed with Kevo and the ensuing conversations. I might get a GOG trivia event going some time as it really was great fun :)
Tarnicus: That one went above my head, and even the translation of "the killing bus" has me trying to weave connective threads that might not have been meant lol
I was going to quote the movie and found out the origin of that quote which I find fascinating :)
Rather like "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Disputed as to whether it really originated from Edmund Burke.
A little bit off-topic: what's the story with the price (for sure it's been already discussed, but I'm a little bit lost in this thread)?

I mean I see D:OS beeing sold for about 20$ here (digital copy), here it's 37 euros. I've got nothing against GOG's price, but where this difference comes from?
The first time I watched the film, the grand reveal caused my jaw to drop to the floor and stay there long after the end credits. ;-)
I have lost count of how many times I've watched the film, yet every time I feel the same excitement I did the first time I did, it's that damn brilliant! :-)

Tarnicus: That one went above my head, and even the translation of "the killing bus" has me trying to weave connective threads that might not have been meant lol
Surprised you didn't know it, it's even mentioned in the film's trivia on IMDb. ;-)
JudasIscariot: Actually, D: OS was announced as one of our first three RP'ed games during that ummm rather infamous "Good news" post...>.>
IAmSinistar: Oh yes, that much I was aware of. :)

I guess I was asking as to how one can figure out to jump on a game during the crowdfunding phase in order to beat the regional pricing upon release. But as HL points out, it's really a case-by-case thing in which you have to communicate directly with the devs.
definitely.haven't seen anyone ask about possible retail regional pricing for any of the mentioned games *although* if do end up with a retail physical release I suspect the regional crap will come about ...
zeffyr: A little bit off-topic: what's the story with the price (for sure it's been already discussed, but I'm a little bit lost in this thread)?

I mean I see D:OS beeing sold for about 20$ here (digital copy), here it's 37 euros. I've got nothing against GOG's price, but where this difference comes from?
Are you referring to CDP.pl's price when you mention the $20?
HypersomniacLive: The first time I watched the film, the grand reveal caused my jaw to drop to the floor and stay there long after the end credits. ;-)
I have lost count of how many times I've watched the film, yet every time I feel the same excitement I did the first time I did, it's that damn brilliant! :-)
It's great editing. The quick shots of the posters with the names etc., intercut with Keyser Soze walking away. It's a visual representation of the detective putting all the pieces together, along with the urgency the audience feels because of the quick cuts that if *only* he would get it sooner, he could rush out the door and catch Soze before he disappeared into the crowds.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by Getcomposted
zeffyr: A little bit off-topic: what's the story with the price (for sure it's been already discussed, but I'm a little bit lost in this thread)?

JudasIscariot: Are you referring to CDP.pl's price when you mention the $20?
Exactly, how did you guess? ;-)
Dang it, after listening to some great tracks from the OST I'm back to being excited about the game. I might buy it this week after all...

edit:

Okay, how many tracks are on the OST? Juuuust in case I might actually consider getting the DLC as well... ^_^'
Post edited July 09, 2014 by TheRealJayDee