It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In space no one can hear you squeal.

<span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, the first member in the engrossing space horror/survival saga, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Grotesque nightmares are shambling, writhing, and twitching towards you from every direction. Pockets of zero gravity, which fundamentally upsets the rules of engagement, threaten to throw you off-balance. Devious puzzles only a mechanic with installed Kinesis and Stasis modules could solve, challenge your feverish mind. Welcome aboard the USG Ishimura, a "planetcracker" starship crawling with Necromorphs, a twisted lifeform spawned under the influence of a sinister alien artifact. Made from reassembled limbs of dead organisms, the best way to dispose of them is to dismember them back with your plasma cutter, then stomp on their gross remains to make sure they stay down. But what of the voices tormenting you from beyond the borders of sanity? Will you manage to amputate them too or will you end up just another lost soul, drifting across the void of Dead Space?

Dismember scores of twitching Necromorphs and face the perverse horrors lurking in <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 60% launch discount will last until July 21, 12:59 PM UTC.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
amrit9037: In lower settings Dead Space looks like Borderlands / Warsow.
IAmSinistar: Chunky cel-shading? Nice. :)
In Dead Space 3 it looks better in lower settings.
Above is high Below is low.

fronzelneekburm:
Thanks.
I will change it. :)
Attachments:
hi-low.jpg (130 Kb)
Post edited July 16, 2016 by amrit9037
fronzelneekburm: The [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Space_(2008_video_game)]wikipedia entry for Dead Space[/url] has its own subsection about DRM. No mention of the DRM-free gog release so far, would be awesome if someone with some wiki-experience could change that! :)
Okay, I mentioned it.
Thank you.
If someone else want me to add something there do tell me.
I would be happy to help. :)
Dead Space is great! Is there any chance we'll see Dead Space 2?
Deadspace 1 is the best in the series, in my opinion. While Dead Space 1 is survival horror, the other two parts drifted more in the direction of 3rd person action shooter. There is also an official statement of the developers where they say that they made the other two parts less scary because some gamers shitted in their pants and didn't want to finish the game because DS1 was too scary for them. xD
Silverhawk170485: Deadspace 1 is the best in the series, in my opinion. While Dead Space 1 is survival horror, the other two parts drifted more in the direction of 3rd person action shooter. There is also an official statement of the developers where they say that they made the other two parts less scary because some gamers shitted in their pants and didn't want to finish the game because DS1 was too scary for them. xD
Great, now I want to play it. I love games that make me shit in my pants!
Silverhawk170485: some gamers shitted in their pants
skeletonbow: I love games that make me shit in my pants!
play it sitting directly on the toilet seat ;)
Silverhawk170485: Deadspace 1 is the best in the series, in my opinion. While Dead Space 1 is survival horror, the other two parts drifted more in the direction of 3rd person action shooter. There is also an official statement of the developers where they say that they made the other two parts less scary because some gamers shitted in their pants and didn't want to finish the game because DS1 was too scary for them. xD
Pardon my french, but fuck those people, the first game was perfect, but they had to butcher the sequels because the first game was too scary!? Thanks... :/
And this is coming from a scaredy-cat. -.-

The second game had at least some atmosphere left, but the third game was a boring shooter.
apehater: can't support this, as i love many console exclusives
Define 'many'. In my book it's 100 exclusives a year.

While it's up to you, I don't think consoles gonna have easy time anymore with Windows 10 Play Anywhere linking with Xbone. With only Playstation and Nintendo, they're going to toughen up in order to compete with Master Race with its cheap prices.
Really? What a shame... Seems that people these days complain about anything that makes them feel uncomfortable...
Even so, DS2 is still way too scary.
when we see ds2 & ds3?
2016 schedule?
Regenerating health in the sequels takes a lot away from the survival horror aspect.
Honestly, I'd say the reason the other two weren't as scary was because people were coming to terms with things. Think about this scenario:
You just entered said warzone and are not prepared for any of the atrocities you will encounter.
Pretty horrifying.

Now that you've lived through enough encounters, yeah it still freaks you out a little but nowhere near enough to phase you or stop you from doing what you need to. Also after dealing with shit for awhile you're having to fight your way out of insanity to discover what is and is not real because its hard to tell at the moment.
Kinda shocking here and there, more psycho-horror though.

Now that you've continually had to fight this entity that will stop at nothing to kill you, you get a break. Although, being locked in a room isn't ideal, but you aren't being attacked by this entity anymore. You've got some time to think about things, although it just makes you mad that you haven't eradicated all of them. You catch a big break, sort of, and you're on your way to take it down because you are the sole survivor who knows the weaknesses.
Not scary at all, you're going in to finish the fight. (Or at least, that's how it was supposed to go.)
Post edited July 21, 2016 by PerfectXireau
Roxolani: when we see ds2 & ds3?
2016 schedule?
Who knows?
But I hope it is in 2016.
Don't let the hype die, EA!
All we can do is vote for them in the wishlist, and cross fingers:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/dead_space_2
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/dead_space_3

"Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."
Post edited September 25, 2016 by almabrds
spindown: The audio in this game made me poop my pants.
does it have 5.1 surround or only 2.1? if only 2.1, maybe I'll fire it up right now with headphones (while partner sleeps.) Otherwise, I'ma wait until I can get the 5.1 experience.

I've reinstalled the game since the repeated praise and because I seriously never gave it more than 10 minutes before. Will see how it goes.