It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What possible harm can one crazy, mutant tentacle do?

<span class="bold">Day of the Tentacle</span>, the grand return of the grandest adventure of all, is now available for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com.

A crazy mutant tentacle is on the loose, plotting to take over the world. How you ask? That's not important right now! We need to be thinking about how we are going to fix this. Super simply, by going back to yesterday!

Alongside Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle sits without question among the legendary golden-era adventures. Now, straight from the early '90s, Day of the Tentacle arrives in our dystopian future of 2016 — back for a blast from the past for those who missed it, and a shot of nostalgia for those who just miss it.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered is all the adventure you may remember with an optional layer of sweet improvements on top. You can mix and match between the unmistakably 1990s pixely art and a fresh high-res coat of paint, remastered audio, and an all new interface. There are extra goodies in the Remastered release as well, including in-game developer commentary and a concept-art browser. Should your hankering for past loves persist, you can still access the fully playable version of the original Maniac Mansion from within the game and learn what started this whole craziness.

Mess around with time, space, and radioactive sludge and go back to the <span class="bold">Day of the Tentacle</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
omega64: Higher quality voiceovers.
What does that mean? The original voiceovers were perfectly serviceable and fitted well with the characters. Did they get better samples from the original voice files or get the same actors again or get new actors or something?
babark: What does that mean? The original voiceovers were perfectly serviceable and fitted well with the characters. Did they get better samples from the original voice files or get the same actors again or get new actors or something?
I read they just got better samples.
maladr0Id: Day of the Tentacle's original version is available with a touch of a button!
I'm quite sure this version will not run on my tablet like the original version does. ;)
And the remake is not even supported on Linux.

So no, it's not "available with a touch of a button".

Please keep trying to add the original version of the game. That would be the only reason for me to buy this remake.

(Looking at the original game I'm not so sure if this game would have needed a remake at all.)
eiii: So no, it's not "available with a touch of a button".
Well, it's not a touch of a button.
Good news everyone, I got this email from Double Fine support regarding the lack of manual saving for Maniac Mansion:

"We are working on an update to add additional save slots, and a manual save to Maniac Mansion. Priority wise this will likely appear after we have addressed the issues affecting DOTT gameplay."
babark: What does that mean? The original voiceovers were perfectly serviceable and fitted well with the characters. Did they get better samples from the original voice files or get the same actors again or get new actors or something?
A bit of a late entry to the thread, but in case anyone comes here again: They dug up the old master tapes and resampled from those.
Will not play in Windows 10, not even in any compatibility mode. Any possible specific and more relevant solutions from experienced users would be greatly apprciated. The forums don't seem to have what I'm looking FOR.

UPDATE: Reverted back to Windows 7 and installed drivers provided by my PC manufacturer's website, and now Dott Rem works fine - GOG gets to keep their money :) Never again Windows 10
Post edited January 23, 2017 by DOSfreak60
DOSfreak60: Will not play in Windows 10, not even in any compatibility mode.
Try its own forum, or ask the GOG support:
https://www.gog.com/forum/day_of_the_tentacle_remastered

Windows 10 is listed as its supported system, so it should work.
If you still can not play it, you may ask a refund.