It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Compatible with your own tracks & USB dance pad!

<span class="bold">Crypt of the NecroDancer</span>, a musical roguelike dungeon crawler with GOG Galaxy integration for Windows and Mac OS X, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 33% launch discount.

Dance, dance, dance the night away. Dance the evil ghosts and skeletons into loot puree. Crypt of the NecroDancer is one of the weirdest games you will ever play, and not because it’s filled to the brim with sporks and quirky tweens. It's a rhythm-based roguelike that has you matching a song's beat to beat the crap out of baddies. It's a straightforward experience that sounds like one of the most innovative things in gaming, but it's not just a gimmick as underneath the notes and tunes you'll find a full-fledged roguelike with plenty of loot, replayability and challenge. Crypt of the NecroDancer let's you import your own music as well, so can you beat it on Through the Fire and Flames?

Practice at home, at work, or on the bus, with the two bonus soundtracks: the original Danny Baranowsky tracks, and Extended Soundtrack (in two remixed versions, by A_Rival and FamilyJules7X) all available in extreme FLAC, and optimal MP3!

For even more NecroDancer digital-swag, check out the extras pack with a behind-the-scenes Director's Cut video, super-high-res Dance Pad covers, and a bunch of other random stuff.

Got questions for the developers? You’re in luck - Ryan and Heather from Brace Yourself Games will be hanging out on the forums on Monday, August 17th, for a special Q&A session from 8 to 10pm GMT (10pm-12am CEST, 4-6pm EDT, 1-3pm PST) to answer all your pressing questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite cat video of all time.

Unleash your killer dance moves in <span class="bold">Crypt of the NecroDancer</span> with GOG Galaxy support for Achievements and Leaderboards. So dance! Dance the dance of the NecroDancer DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Thursday, August 20, 12:59 PM GMT.
mrkgnao: I believe the term is "nonja" (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nonja).
HunchBluntley: Nah, that's no good. That seems to mean "opposite" in terms of stealth -- loud and/or awkward. I'm looking for "opposite" in terms of speed -- glacially slow. But you've got the right idea -- somebody has probably already defined such a thing on Urban Dictionary; the problem would be sorting through all the chaff (and there is SO MUCH CHAFF) to find the relevant term...which was probably defined and voted on by no more than five people.
The best I can think up myself off the top of my head is "slowpost"...you know, like "slowpoke". (That is...not so good, I know....)

Also, just to be clear, I was mocking of myself in that post, not you. : )
How about "grannynja"?

Also, don't worry.
A great game! I was eagerly expecting it! Is very difficult though with a pretty steep learning curve, right now i am struggling to get used to it, while managing to not die always in second stage! Very good thing, that which it allows you to import your own music! And it is very interesting that this game, has more than one players! To be unlocked later, most probably... Indeed, a very innovative idea and move in gaming! I love it!

I seriously hope until 20 banks here stop defying the update in law, which allows internet transactions abroad again, so i can repay the kind soul who gifted it to me, as well as grab the two soundtracks while they are still on discount...
Post edited August 16, 2015 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
HunchBluntley: The best I can think up myself off the top of my head is "slowpost"...you know, like "slowpoke". (That is...not so good, I know....)
How about "Slowja"? oO
mrkgnao: How about "grannynja"?
real.geizterfahr: How about "Slowja"? oO
Eh. Maybe I should start a separate thread. (Or maybe not.) Thanks for trying to help me identify my disease, though. =P

I think this has been about the oddest thread derailment I've been involved in in some time....
I am really disappointed! I've been holding off buying CotND to get it on GOG DRM-free. Now, as it turns out, it hasn't got Linux support and a pseudo Galaxy enforcement (and a lower discount than on Steam).

The only right thing to do is speaking with my wallet and not buying this title until things are ironed out!
The Galaxy dependancy issue has only happened to people that had installed and then uninstalled Galaxy in their systems. As far as I know, that issue never happened to systems that never had Galaxy installed in them.

Also, that dependancy issue is a bug, not a planned enforcement. Even if the quick fix for those affected is to reinstall Galaxy and launch CotN through it, I'm sure GOG will correct this so that nobody needs to have Galaxy installed to run the game.
And the Linux version is here.
Post edited August 17, 2015 by ElTerprise
HunchBluntley: EDIT:
[sigh] It apparently took me at least a quarter-hour to compose the previous part of this post. I can't even bring myself to call mrkgnao's reply a "ninja". Is there a term for the opposite? Like when you take so long to compose a post, the entire conversation has ended already? Or shall I have to coin such a term myself?
The first idea that came to mind was "Turtle Ninja", but I guess that's been taken already. :)
ElTerprise: And the Linux version is here.
Nice, bought.
Glad to see they have listened to the community and changed their stance on Linux build. A pleasant surprise for a change.

Bought.
Nice!
Impulse bought Crypt of the NecroDancer and found it to be much more amusing than I anticipated; I hesitated because I'm not very musically included but the heart beat visual cue at the bottom really helped (I've venture to bet many tone deaf people benefit from the visual heart cue). I love the tempo change tiles.

Are the extended soundtrack DLCs 'worth' getting? I imagine I'll just rip some CDs and give them a try instead but having such a blast with the core game am considering the DLC soundtracks in part to support the developer and seemingly the DLC soundtracks might be well keyed to the gameplay.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by undeadcow
Sold!
Is anyone else having trouble getting the game to load? It keeps returning a, "NecroDancer.exe has stopped working." error for me on Win7. Here is my post in the forum.
Hollyhock: The Galaxy dependancy issue has only happened to people that had installed and then uninstalled Galaxy in their systems. As far as I know, that issue never happened to systems that never had Galaxy installed in them.

Also, that dependancy issue is a bug, not a planned enforcement. Even if the quick fix for those affected is to reinstall Galaxy and launch CotN through it, I'm sure GOG will correct this so that nobody needs to have Galaxy installed to run the game.
I don't have Galaxy on my system and the game refuses to run. Here is the log
WINDOW SUCCESSFULLY INITIALIZED
NecroDancer version v1.12 loading...
OnCreate: Initializing Steam
GoG: Initializing galaxy API

So does this mean that Galaxy is required to make the game work on Windows 7? Why was this DRM added?