It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Test your managerial skills and become the founder of a video game company.
Genre: Strategy, Simulation
Discount: 30% off until 10th June 2022, 1 PM UTC.
Now's your chance to become the next Ste*m...
No Linux build here?
Just asking...
I'm glad we can get the Dollar Tree version of Game Dev Tycoon.

Also, the link on the game page linking to the Github is broken.
Reglisse: No Linux build here?
Just asking...
I asked the developer of the game about the Linux build of the game and they said they will release it as soon as possible so there's that :).
ZubatyZub: I asked the developer of the game about the Linux build of the game and they said they will release it as soon as possible so there's that :).
Great!, I'll be looking forward to that. Thank you for the head's up and reaching out to the developer. :)
"City Game Studio is inspired by marvelous games like
Game Dev Story
Game Dev Tycoon
Software Inc
Sim City
Mad Games Tycoon"

Anyone tried Game Dev Story/Tycoon and Mad Games Tycoon?.
Looks great! I play a little game called Game Dev Tycoon, it's quite a bit of fun and has a similar premise but is a bit more casual (at least, judging by the screenshots for this). Instant wishlist for me!
Reglisse: No Linux build here?
Just asking...
ZubatyZub: I asked the developer of the game about the Linux build of the game and they said they will release it as soon as possible so there's that :).
Good news ^^
Thank you :)
low rated
Is this the same game where the pirated version would have you going bankrupt? If so can we get that version as an extra please. I want to check both versions hehehe.
Magmarock: Is this the same game where the pirated version would have you going bankrupt? If so can we get that version as an extra please. I want to check both versions hehehe.
That's Game Dev Tycoon.
Niggles: "City Game Studio is inspired by marvelous games like
Game Dev Story
Game Dev Tycoon
Software Inc
Sim City
Mad Games Tycoon"

Anyone tried Game Dev Story/Tycoon and Mad Games Tycoon?.
I've played Mad Games Tycoon (and Game Dev Tycoon, which I'm guessing is the most-commonly-played of these, so I'll use it as a point of reference). Mad Games Tycoon rapidly eclipsed Game Dev Tycoon for me. Pretty much everything is more customizeable. Custom office furniture? Yup. Custom rooms, built like it was The Sims? Yup. Tons of options for game genre, aspects of the game, publishers? Yup. Hire as many people as you want? Sure, just make sure you have places for them to work.

It also looks nice. But mainly it's a more in depth version of Game Dev Tycoon, in a way that makes it more immersive.

Game Dev Tycoon itself was, IMO, the OG of this genre. It was fun back in its day, but it's a fairly linear progression between a set of prefab offices. Mad Games Tycoon - and from the looks of it, this game - let you customize your company to your liking.

Software Inc is another jump forward. Whereas Game Dev Tycoon and Mad Games Tycoon make it fairly easy to make money as long as you don't quickly over-expand, Software Inc is more challenging, at least on Hard, which used to be the default difficulty. It models the network effects of the market, so e.g. people are more likely to buy a Total War game because they're familiar with the franchise. It also has categories other than games. Overall it's my favorite for software in general, it's just so well polished, and scratches that tycoon/business simulator itch a little better with its difficulty. But if you want to focus on games in particular, Mad Games Tycoon is the one I'd recommend among those I've played. It has a lot more options for game-specific technologies and genres.

The challenge for City Game Studio is going to be differenting itself in what's becoming a crowded market. From the screenshots, it looks pretty similar to Mad Games Tycoon, which makes me wonder why I should pick it up as well.
Post edited June 04, 2022 by Quintillus
I want to know two things about this game...

I want to know if my company can start a Kickstarter fund and have it run for years, collecting tons of money, and still keep telling my audience that a beta version will be released soon?

I also want to know if I can say we are developing a game and keep pushing back the release date for who knows how many years?
Outsiders: I want to know two things about this game...

I want to know if my company can start a Kickstarter fund and have it run for years, collecting tons of money, and still keep telling my audience that a beta version will be released soon?

I also want to know if I can say we are developing a game and keep pushing back the release date for who knows how many years?
Oh, so you want to pull an Amico?

Because, it's a <i>saga</i> that's been going on since 2017 and isn't technically* dead yet. What a way to watch a hilariously irrelevant composer/noted shithead completely fail to claw his way into the console knockoff market.

*You know, short of filing for insolvency and/or liquidation.
I see the Linux version of the game has arrived now. Thanks! The game looks right up my alley, too. Wishlisted for the moment, but I'm eyeing that "add to cart" button quite meaningfully..