It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Killer on the road.

Carmageddon: Max Damage and Carmageddon TDR 2000 are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com. With them comes a pileup of high-octane offers so let's get right on them.

48h GIVEAWAY: Get Carmageddon TDR 2000 completely FREE until January 20, 2PM UTC. Claim it through the front page banner. No catch, no clutch!
NOTE: Giveaway has now ended.

Discounts: Max Damage 50% off until January 25, 2PM when bought individually or 75% off when you complete your Carmageddon bundle including all four games in the series. Once the giveaway expires, TDR 2000 will also be 50% off.

Drive straight into the ultimate road carnage! Race the time as you turn pedestrians and drivers into gooey roadkill with your highly customizable vehicle and use all manner of silly power-ups to unleash mayhem in the most creative way possible. Make up your own brutal style as every game mode, car, environment, pedestrian type or enemy driver adds their own flavor into this bubbling cauldron of human members, bent metal, and unapologetic fun.
low rated
great, another region block! gog you suck!

F*CK gogs greedy, spineless shareholders!!!!!!!!!!!
apehater: great, another region block! gog you suck!

I know you are angry and I hate region locks like we all do but if they lock a game they don't make money with it. So at least THIS does not have anything to do with them being greedy.
low rated

MarkoH01: I know you are angry and I hate region locks like we all do but if they lock a game they don't make money with it. So at least THIS does not have anything to do with them being greedy.
i don't wanna discuss this, if you don't want to see the greed driven decision to waste resources for a german store front, while exactly knowing that it would end up in the shitty region blocks and do it anyway because of pure greed, then its up to you.
MarkoH01: I know you are angry and I hate region locks like we all do but if they lock a game they don't make money with it. So at least THIS does not have anything to do with them being greedy.
apehater: i don't wanna discuss this, if you don't want to see the greed driven decision to waste resources for a german store front, while exactly knowing that it would end up in the shitty region blocks and do it anyway because of pure greed, then its up to you.
O.K. - maybe we should not discuss this then. Wasting resources usually is the opposite of beeing greedy and opening a German store in the hope to attract more customers is not greedy but economical (although it depends on the number of games they cannot sell anymore because of the FORCED region lock) but since - not only according to your nick - everything GOG is doing is driven by greed ect. it does not make any sense to discuss this at all.
apehater: i don't wanna discuss this, if you don't want to see the greed driven decision to waste resources for a german store front, while exactly knowing that it would end up in the shitty region blocks and do it anyway because of pure greed, then its up to you.
MarkoH01: O.K. - maybe we should not discuss this then. Wasting resources usually is the opposite of beeing greedy and opening a German store in the hope to attract more customers is not greedy but economical (although it depends on the number of games they cannot sell anymore because of the FORCED region lock) but since - not only according to your nick - everything GOG is doing is driven by greed ect. it does not make any sense to discuss this at all.
btw, if you look it up. gog still didn't add german language to uprising 2 (remember how much time has passed, since you gave them all german files for u2). i guess they don't have the time because of other things, like adding galaxy to installers.
deleted

Automatic downvote. Go play on Steam if you hate GOG (aka Gronald tRUMP aka Hitler) so much.
Post edited January 20, 2018 by tfishell
high rated
AlienMind: 5 years ago, I've given them 350$ for Carmageddon Reincarnation DRM Free and physical goods.
To this day, I've received none of them, and Kickstarter raises its hands (meaning it wants nothing to do with this).
Wanna know the reason why people don't crowd fund anymore? Ho ly shit.
Oh, and they keep a resounding silence about this topic, all the while blasting propaganda about their other products via the Kickstarter updates.
Want to know how to make your customers feel like shit? Ho ly shit.
But today, out of nowhere I got thrown this game as a bone and I should waggle my tail I guess. I don't feel like it.
I feel like 5 years ago someone broke into my house, stole my stereo and today someone broke in again just to leave a walkman.
This really is unbelievably shitty. And reading their latest Kickstarter update, there still isn't an ETA about delivering the physical goods, and no word regarding a release on Linux and MacOS... Real shame how some devs exploit crowdfunding because there practically are no repercussions.

As for Kickstarter, they never ever support backers when being wronged by campaign creators. Never.

MIK0: Backers that wouldn't have found out about this if not for this sale. They made an update today on kickstarter after more than a year without even an heads up about the sales. [...]
Well, the update was about telling people that they can finally get their DRM-free copy via a GOG code, which would have been the important part to me were I a backer (I'd find out about the sale coming here to claim my copy, anyway).
AlienMind: 5 years ago, I've given them 350$ for Carmageddon Reincarnation DRM Free and physical goods.
To this day, I've received none of them, and Kickstarter raises its hands (meaning it wants nothing to do with this).
Wanna know the reason why people don't crowd fund anymore? Ho ly shit.
Oh, and they keep a resounding silence about this topic, all the while blasting propaganda about their other products via the Kickstarter updates.
Want to know how to make your customers feel like shit? Ho ly shit.
But today, out of nowhere I got thrown this game as a bone and I should waggle my tail I guess. I don't feel like it.
I feel like 5 years ago someone broke into my house, stole my stereo and today someone broke in again just to leave a walkman.
HypersomniacLive: This really is unbelievably shitty. And reading their latest Kickstarter update, there still isn't an ETA about delivering the physical goods, and no word regarding a release on Linux and MacOS... Real shame how some devs exploit crowdfunding because there practically are no repercussions.

As for Kickstarter, they never ever support backers when being wronged by campaign creators. Never.
I understand that Kickstarter has no power over authors after they completed their campaign. They can only act as a witness regarding the agreement between backer and author in the case the first would like to get justice by the means of law. Which is usually a thing one would avoid.

I would like from them to at least offer some way to leave a comment that is not limited to the campaign but forever tied to the company name so that if they want to do another campaign in the future other potential backers could check the author reputation.

MIK0: Backers that wouldn't have found out about this if not for this sale. They made an update today on kickstarter after more than a year without even an heads up about the sales. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Well, the update was about telling people that they can finally get their DRM-free copy via a GOG code, which would have been the important part to me were I a backer (I'd find out about the sale coming here to claim my copy, anyway).
Me too but still is really low from them to release the game with a discount, making the ks reward even less relevant. For instance I could have bought the game for 5$.
Post edited January 20, 2018 by MIK0
Fairfox: p'haps one could learn to drive with this car simulator
Yeah, learn to drive like my mother. :D
Post edited January 20, 2018 by tinyE
HypersomniacLive: This really is unbelievably shitty. And reading their latest Kickstarter update, there still isn't an ETA about delivering the physical goods, and no word regarding a release on Linux and MacOS... Real shame how some devs exploit crowdfunding because there practically are no repercussions.

MIK0: I understand that Kickstarter has no power over authors after they completed their campaign. They can only act as a witness regarding the agreement between backer and author in the case the first would like to get justice by the means of law. Which is usually a thing one would avoid.

I would like from them to at least offer some way to leave a comment that is not limited to the campaign but forever tied to the company name so that if they want to do another campaign in the future other potential backers could check the author reputation.

HypersomniacLive: Well, the update was about telling people that they can finally get their DRM-free copy via a GOG code, which would have been the important part to me were I a backer (I'd find out about the sale coming here to claim my copy, anyway).
MIK0: Me too but still is really low from them to release the game with a discount, making the ks reward even less relevant. For instance I could have bought the game for 5$.
I could have too...So what?
The point i paid them at KS (and actually got all my rewards), was to see another Carmageddon game. Didn't care about the physical rewards all that much, but it was good i got them. Though the only thing i've used was the T-Shirt.
Sorry to hear some people didn't get their physical goods, but at least you (and we) all contributed to seeing another game that is different and would be lost otherwise.
MIK0: I understand that Kickstarter has no power over authors after they completed their campaign. They can only act as a witness regarding the agreement between backer and author in the case the first would like to get justice by the means of law. Which is usually a thing one would avoid.

Me too but still is really low from them to release the game with a discount, making the ks reward even less relevant. For instance I could have bought the game for 5$.
Epitaph666: I could have too...So what?
The point i paid them at KS (and actually got all my rewards), was to see another Carmageddon game. Didn't care about the physical rewards all that much, but it was good i got them. Though the only thing i've used was the T-Shirt.
Sorry to hear some people didn't get their physical goods, but at least you (and we) all contributed to seeing another game that is different and would be lost otherwise.
When you create a crowdfunding campaign you have a duty to fullfill rewards, rewards that exist to make people fund your project. It's not optional. You also have to properly communicate with your backer.
Unfortunately all we got was an half backed game and a bad example of game developement and unethical behavior. Issue on a project happens but that's not an excuse to neglect your backers.

Now, on the specific issue, a drm-free version of a game shouldn't be something that take so much time to produce and deliver. They got the money to do that.
Keeping the backers informed is not something optional and clearly cannot take too much time. Backers were left without proper response for years.
krakra_cz: I wonder why I didnt become mass killer because killing was so much fun in that game.
tinyE: Fact: Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, and Charles Manson never played Carmageddon. You are not a psychopath because YOU DID play it, not the other way around! :D
I love you.
Epitaph666: I could have too...So what?
MIK0: When you create a crowdfunding campaign you have a duty to fullfill rewards, rewards that exist to make people fund your project. It's not optional. You also have to properly communicate with your backer.
Unfortunately all we got was an half backed game and a bad example of game developement and unethical behavior. Issue on a project happens but that's not an excuse to neglect your backers.

Now, on the specific issue, a drm-free version of a game shouldn't be something that take so much time to produce and deliver. They got the money to do that.
Keeping the backers informed is not something optional and clearly cannot take too much time. Backers were left without proper response for years.
First thing first. What do you mean by "all we got was a half backed game"? Wasn't this game backed successfully on Kickstarter and then it got some additional funding from Paypal? So it was fully backed. Even if you go now at the KS page you'll see it was fully backed.
Secondly, "Bad example of game development"? Where does that derive from? Maybe you wanted to say "Badly executed Kickstarter"? Cause i don't see how bad was the game's development? I mean did you notice any weird crashes? Cause at my Low-Mid end PC it plays just fine.

A DRM-Free version of the game does not necessarily take too much time to produce, but each update (and C:R / M:D got loads of updates, especially C:R). Stainless is not a big developer and not even a rich one at that. So everyone has to allocate their resources so they won't fallout financially.

As for the Kickstarter promises, you might remember that this game was planned for February 2013, for a reason. The reason was that the whole game would have much uglier graphics (shaders) and they had a plan that was "release one map and car, test, fix, iterate, release more". That plan changed initially and it was "release a big chunk of maps and cars and test, iterate etc". They also got another 3million backing from Les Edgars to develop the game for consoles.

So in short : the game got 625.000$ from KS and it's what showed the publishers that people want this game and gave the devs money to start creating it. Then then it also got a 3.000.000$ backing so they could bring it to consoles? They took that money from Les Edgars, polished the game, made it more beautiful and added a few maps.
We first got the game on PC (C:R) and then it was released on consoles (C:MD) and a few months later on Steam. Do you think it should have been released in Feb 2013 as a game with very bad graphics?
MIK0: When you create a crowdfunding campaign you have a duty to fullfill rewards, rewards that exist to make people fund your project. It's not optional. You also have to properly communicate with your backer.

Epitaph666: First thing first. What do you mean by "all we got was a half backed game"? Wasn't this game backed successfully on Kickstarter and then it got some additional funding from Paypal? So it was fully backed. Even if you go now at the KS page you'll see it was fully backed.
Secondly, "Bad example of game development"? Where does that derive from? Maybe you wanted to say "Badly executed Kickstarter"? Cause i don't see how bad was the game's development? I mean did you notice any weird crashes? Cause at my Low-Mid end PC it plays just fine.

A DRM-Free version of the game does not necessarily take too much time to produce, but each update (and C:R / M:D got loads of updates, especially C:R). Stainless is not a big developer and not even a rich one at that. So everyone has to allocate their resources so they won't fallout financially.

As for the Kickstarter promises, you might remember that this game was planned for February 2013, for a reason. The reason was that the whole game would have much uglier graphics (shaders) and they had a plan that was "release one map and car, test, fix, iterate, release more". That plan changed initially and it was "release a big chunk of maps and cars and test, iterate etc". They also got another 3million backing from Les Edgars to develop the game for consoles.

So in short : the game got 625.000$ from KS and it's what showed the publishers that people want this game and gave the devs money to start creating it. Then then it also got a 3.000.000$ backing so they could bring it to consoles? They took that money from Les Edgars, polished the game, made it more beautiful and added a few maps.
We first got the game on PC (C:R) and then it was released on consoles (C:MD) and a few months later on Steam. Do you think it should have been released in Feb 2013 as a game with very bad graphics?
I meant half-baked game. Sorry, that was a typo. The game was fully backed and half-baked. The kickstarter was successful, the game not so much. It was released in a poor state with a lot of issue (bugs, crash, performance issue, average graphics). If they hadn't got other money for the console port (that bought them time while they were running away from their responsabilities toward the backers) we wouldn't even have Max Damage right now. And they changed the name for a reason, to get away from the bad reputation the game got.
Drm-free was part of the initial deal, not something they could choose not to provide (and we are way long past the time it should have been made available). The same goes for linux and mac, that got neglected while the console port was not in the initial plan. They are the one that promised those things and the reason they got the initial money.
And neglected most of the the backers inquiries about thos topics.
That's bad developement and bad crowdfunding behavior. This is an example of a kickstarter gone wrong.