It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you love psychological horrors? Maybe you are also interested in AI? How about a need for a new friend? Well, the whole package of those 3 things can be found in Buddy Simulator 1984, now available on GOG with a -10% launch discount which lasts until April 19th, 2 PM UTC!

This unique gem offers an extremely captivating and thoughtful look at friendship and how things can fall apart. With its constant balance between cheer and unease tone, it is a study of technology going rogue packed with clever meta moments that breaks the fourth wall in a creative and slightly creepy way.

Sounds mysterious and interesting? Well… it is, and spoiling it wouldn’t be fun. Grab yourself a copy and find out why it is so unique – we believe you won’t regret this experience.
GOG.com: Release: Buddy Simulator 1984 from Feardemic
Into the forum...
Didn't expect to see this here! Cool!
In a past survey, Gog asked what kind of games I would like to see here. I said: Bring more psychological horror, and man, they keep them coming.
Thanks!
What happened to Buddy Simulator 1984? It's no longer available in the store.
Indeed, it's gone. Gog, please don't tell me it didn't sell well enough...
I went to buy this, but no store entry. Why put up a news article before the game page?
paladin181: I went to buy this, but no store entry. Why put up a news article before the game page?
I saw it before it was gone. It would seem that it got de-listed in that short time.
Post edited April 08, 2023 by kohlrak
Alexim: What happened to Buddy Simulator 1984? It's no longer available in the store.
Maybe Feardemic has no rights to sell the game on GOG?

Here are the games mentioned on Feardemic's website:
https://www.feardemic-games.com/games-index

Edit:
I edited out the (due to missing formatting) not very readable list of games from my post, and added another attachment (feardemic games), instead, that should show things better.

Of the 22 games mentioned on their website, with four (4) games it's completly unclear, in which way Feardemic are involved ("Bloody Hell Hotel", "Papetura", "Darq", "Nightmare Reaper").

With ten (10) other games (11 with "Buddy Simulator 1984"), there exists at least the possibility of Feardemic being (becoming) the publisher for future releases on GOG, I guess?

IF these games ever come to GOG, that is.

And if their developers don't decide to self-publish here (like they did on Steam in five cases (six, if we count "Buddy Simulator 1984")).
Attachments:
Post edited April 10, 2023 by BreOl72
BreOl72:
Thanks for the detailed message as it gives a possible clue to what might be up... and yes something smells fishy it seems, thus too bad odds are we won't get even a vague PR speak message why buddy simulator. 1984 was removed suddenly after announcement afew days later
Post edited April 09, 2023 by BanditKeith2
Any word on this, GOG?
Hey Gog can we get any word on why Buddy simulator was removed
BanditKeith2: Hey Gog can we get any word on why Buddy simulator was removed
They might only say it was the publisher's request.
BanditKeith2: Hey Gog can we get any word on why Buddy simulator was removed
DoomSooth: They might only say it was the publisher's request.
True basic pr speech most likely even but I know we got details why other games was removed soon after being on Gog .. And I would love atleast a canned pr approved message if nothing else to know if possible return of it or not might be a thing at the moment.
The game is back in the store.