It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vengeance in a nutShell.

<span class="bold">Bombshell</span>, a top-down, explosive action-RPG about extracting some sweet intergalactic revenge, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy achievements and a 10% launch discount.

The "Washington Incident" has certainly left a bad taste in Colonel Shelly Harrison's smart mouth. Quite understandably so, since it was there that she lost her right arm and the rest of her bomb squad. Now working as a mercenary and sporting a handy mechanical arm made from mostly unknown materials, Bombshell is eager to start kicking serious alien butt across four different planets.

Slip into the shell of foul-mouthed Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison and blast away the legions of ugly aliens that seek to destroy our humble planet. The past-paced, frantic gunplay and the imposing bosses in 3D Realms' latest offering will leave you no time for chewing bubblegum but what you will have in abundance are opportunities for crude comebacks. Use them wisely, wise-guy.

Punch and blast some manners into the alien terrorists as foul-tempered <span class="bold">Bombshell</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. If you want to do it with even more gusto, be sure to grab the soundtrack and artbook included in the <span class="bold">Bombshell Deluxe Edition</span>. But if you are not ready to commit yet, you can always get the <span class="bold">Bombshell Deluxe Edition Upgrade</span> later. The 10% launch discount will last until February 08, 5:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:

See Bombshell explosions live at Twitch.tv/GOGcom tonight - MegapiemanPHD is streaming the game starting at 5pm GMT / 6pm CET / 12pm EDT. Don't miss it!

Q&A incoming!

Got some questions only the developers can answer? Join us for a Q&A on the GOG.com forums on Monday, February 1st at 6pm GMT (that is 7pm CET, 1pm EST, 10am PST). Join us to chat with two of the men behind the game - Fred Schreiber, CEO/dev of Interceptor & VP of 3D Realms, and Scott Miller, founder of 3D Realms. See you there!
dexterward: Metacritic: 28 official score, 2.0 user score

Buyer beware.
Matruchus: Yes, I would definitely stay away looking at disastrous gamewatcher review. 4.5/10 that is really bad.

Or gamespot review giving it a 2.0/10.
Holy! oO Since when do reviewers review based on whats on their hand and not the promised release status? Did somebody at 3DR forgot to put a paycheck in the parcel ;)
Post edited January 30, 2016 by anothername
Yeah, I'm gonna trust LGR on this one, too.

Dude's a massive 3D Realms/Duke Nukem fan.

The contrast of him gushing over Duke 3D like a 14 year old girl that was spat on by Justin Beiber & his disappointment over this game, like a 40 year old woman who just had sex with that same Beiber is very telling.

You could tell how much he wanted to like it, but the sheer mediocrity of the game could not let him.

I agree with him about the soundtrack though - that guitar intro melted my face.
This is the first really really big release on GOG in a ridiculously long time.

I'm so sorry, GOG, that it's bombing so hard. :(
Uhhh... I think I'll wait for a 85%+ sale before I even consider buying this.
Post edited January 30, 2016 by fronzelneekburm
FLAC soundtrack with the Deluxe version. I approve of that. Not sure on the game though I'll have to wait for more public opinion / reviews. Would love to see what Totalbiscuit has to say. I generally agree with his reviews, with the exception of his obsession with a dislike of games locked at 30 fps (for some of those games I can't see it matters).

can't justify it anyway at this near full price when, how likely am I to play it in the next year with my backlog?
I would not argue , but this is NOT a good game. why add this on gog.com? mystery....

The acronym said this: good old games

It would be nice to avoid this place becomes like steam, where all mediocre games invaded the platform. pages and pages of ugly games on the platform

avoid it
Post edited January 30, 2016 by h.e.X.e.n.
Given how long they've had to work on this game, this seems like an embarrassment. Unless they opted to rush it out the door after the hammer came down on the Duke IP, but even so it's just bewildering that they thought it was in a playable state.
I hope - wish! - that it would get better after patches, but the damage is already done; shouldn't have been sent to reviewers in that state.
I am waiting for someone to actually review the finished/patched game...
IFW: I hope - wish! - that it would get better after patches, but the damage is already done; shouldn't have been sent to reviewers in that state.
I am waiting for someone to actually review the finished/patched game...
Not a problem. Lazy Gamer review did the review on the finised/patched up version of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Ztp5Vw7Hk

Still not recommended.
Post edited January 30, 2016 by Matruchus
Who is that "Lazy Game Review" guy? Unbiased and trustful reviews? Because I never heard the name of LGR before, and some members mentioned LGR on this thread.
Azhdar: Who is that "Lazy Game Review" guy? Unbiased and trustful reviews? Because I never heard the name of LGR before, and some members mentioned LGR on this thread.
He's a very good reviewer on Youtube, often with a somewhat humorous bent. Mostly, he does reviews and retrospectives of old games and hardware, with the occasional review for something new. Usually, his videos are rather in-depth when it comes to the history and background of the subjects he covers.

I wouldn't really call him "unbiased", but I feel he's very honest and fair, trying his best to point out both the good and the bad about anything, and he's very upfront and self-aware when it comes to his personal preferences
Post edited January 30, 2016 by InfraSuperman
I guess we'll see a remastered/redux/re-whatever edition when the game hits consoles. Seems to be the rage nowadays.
So this is THAT game people bashing around because they expected Duke game and devs changed theme to something else due to licensing problems. Also it's Interceptor so is expected to see patches and optimization even after release. Well, screw people expectations and reviewers and enjoy the game for what it is, different IP.
h.e.X.e.n.: I would not argue , but this is NOT a good game. why add this on gog.com? mystery....

The acronym said this: good old games

It would be nice to avoid this place becomes like steam, where all mediocre games invaded the platform. pages and pages of ugly games on the platform

avoid it
steam has maybe 30% good games and thats only because i also like casualgames otherwise steam would be loaded with crap.

As for The Duke... i cant play 3d but i have seen duke from dos (pixel) till now and this new game from 3d realms does not live up to the standards we are used to.
It says its topviewed? it s still 3d to me.

The price is also ridiculously high 35 bucks list price?

I cant play 3d but if i could i would also stay away from this game until they fix it, but i am afraid there wont be much to fix.

If people want to play a form of 3d, they better go for The Witcher cause that looks so much better.

Azhdar: Who is that "Lazy Game Review" guy? Unbiased and trustful reviews? Because I never heard the name of LGR before, and some members mentioned LGR on this thread.
InfraSuperman: He's a very good reviewer on Youtube, often with a somewhat humorous bent. Mostly, he does reviews and retrospectives of old games and hardware, with the occasional review for something new. Usually, his videos are rather in-depth when it comes to the history and background of the subjects he covers.

I wouldn't really call him "unbiased", but I feel he's very honest and fair, trying his best to point out both the good and the bad about anything, and he's very upfront and self-aware when it comes to his personal preferences
he is right about this: LGR - Top 17 Worst PC Games

awful, bad, crappy videogames, i watched the video and he is right these 17 games are garbage.
Post edited January 30, 2016 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: The price is also ridiculously high 35 bucks list price?
It's also completely laughable given how much of a bug-ridden mess the game is currently.