It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hellfire expansion is now available as a free add-on for everyone who purchases the Blizzard classic Diablo on GOG.COM.

Originally developed by Synergistic Software and released in 1997, Hellfire was not an official Blizzard product and did not carry Blizzard’s endorsement or label. Despite that, in response to Diablo players who have expressed a desire to experience the content, Blizzard has given the OK for it to be included as a free add-on with Diablo purchases on GOG.COM.

Hellfire offers a non-canonical single-player storyline where players must defeat a powerful demon named Na-Krul who is threatening Tristram. The expansion also adds a Monk class, new weapons and items, new missions, locations, dungeons, and enemies. Hellfire will be accessible while launching the original Diablo.

The Hellfire expansion comes with high-resolution support and compatibility updates to allow it to run on modern systems, and it’s available now as a free add-on for everyone who purchases the Blizzard classic Diablo. The game is currently 10% off during the Summer Sale Festival until June 17, 10 PM UTC.
thx GOG and Blizzard for adding Hellfire and listeing to your communities wishes and even though i personally don't care much for it, it's still good to see it here and it does add come nice QoL improvements for free no less.

Now please bribe blizzard, use your silver tongue and do whatever it takes to bring D2 LOD here :p
Maxvorstadt: Uhm, when Hellfire came out, it added a chest in town to put your surplus gold and items in it, but this chest is nowhere to be found!!!!!! Was it removed from this version of Hellfire?
You sure you don't get your ARPGs mixed up there?
I played Diablo + Hellfire quite extensively back in the day and I cannot for the live of me recall Hellfire adding a chest in town?

Maybe it's the Cornerstone of the World feature you're thinking of?
Incredible value-add, thanks GOG - you still get what its all about - thank you for helping preserve another almost-lost piece of PC gaming history!
Incredible!
PainOfSalvation: *wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more*
Must be Genital Jousting. =P
Amazing. I didn't think this would happen, since Blizzard often stated they hated the Hellfire expansion and preferably wanted it forgotten.
Thanks!!!
This is so awesome, getting Diablo here was great already, but that you even managed to get Hellfire...
Thanks, GOG.
TARFU: I agree. Those Gloves of the Hin Fist + Robes of the Shining Hand = unstoppable. Fistfighting a dragon...LOL!

Anyway, you are saying the Diablo monk is weak?
Not sure about Diablo 1 monk, but I am saying NWN/D&D Monk is weak.
This is truly amazing! Thank you! The fact that previos owners of Diablo now get the Hellfire Xpac for free is simply awesome! GoG you are so good to us old gamers.
Well done gog , the expansion was hard to get retail , Now its rolled up well , once people experience the faster char movement speed they wont go back to the original speed
ChrisGamer300: thx GOG and Blizzard for adding Hellfire and listeing to your communities wishes and even though i personally don't care much for it, it's still good to see it here and it does add come nice QoL improvements for free no less.

Now please bribe blizzard, use your silver tongue and do whatever it takes to bring D2 LOD here :p
I'm sure it's coming eventually, they probably want to make whatever sales they can on D before they bring that here. D2 is just all around a better game than the original was.
This is even more of a surprise than the GOG release of the base game.

Edit: GOG, could you make the expansion optional? I'm not particularly fond of Hellfire and would like to be able to play without the add-on.
Post edited June 05, 2019 by rainydaygaming
Mafwek: Not sure about Diablo 1 monk, but I am saying NWN/D&D Monk is weak.
You are crazy if you think NWN monk is weak! A proper monk build is an unstoppable beast. Immune to all forms of poison and disease, immune to all forms of mind affecting spells/confusion/sleep, 50% of all physical attacks aimed at you automatically miss, 45% of all spells aimed at you automatically miss, and you can kill dragons with bare hands while wearing cloth robes. Monk is OP, not weak.
ChrisGamer300: thx GOG and Blizzard for adding Hellfire and listeing to your communities wishes and even though i personally don't care much for it, it's still good to see it here and it does add come nice QoL improvements for free no less.

hedwards: I'm sure it's coming eventually, they probably want to make whatever sales they can on D before they bring that here. D2 is just all around a better game than the original was.
Sure, i like the character bulding, gearing and other aspect of it better as "game but i always went back to D1 for one single reason and that is the brilliant atmosphere of it. D2 also has a great atmosphere just not quite as good as 1 but as you said it has several advantages over 1 as well so i hope you are correct.