It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Guilty Gear returns to GOG.com!

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload and Guilty Gear Isuka the craziest fighting classics return to GOG.com on Windows and Mac OS X! You can get them both at 50% off during this weekend's Valentine's Promo!

The Guilty Gear universe is known for its impressive collection of original characters varying from ancient demon-warriors to insane android killing machines. With an overwhelming collection of fighting styles and mind-blowing special moves, both games will keep the adrenaline pumping from the very first punch, down to the last K.O. Of the two titles, Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is the traditional fighter, and Guilty Gear Isuka is the wildcard. Whatever type of fighting gameplay suits you best, you'll find it in this series.

Get ready to rumble in the Guilty Gear series, once again available DRM-free for Windows and Mac OS X on GOG.com!
tfishell: ...
Gengar78: ...
Alright, your choice. :)
Bought both games and BlazBlue. Playing X2 and it is really fun, Wish it had online multiplayer to work with Galaxy because it would be a perfect fit even if I would get destroyed by experts with their expensive fightsticks.
Hell yeah.
HERE COMES DAREDEVIL

(again)

leon30: Great news! Does this series have a continued story? I mean can I play and enjoy the story mode if I start with the second game?
weeeeeeellll broadly speaking

X2 was the first GG game with an in depth story mode, and then because most of the following games are rebalancing/iterative sequels building off of X2 (or are spinoffs like Isuka) after that there isn't really any major post X2 story advancement until Guilty Gear 2 (which isn't a fighting game and didn't feature most of the characters due to licensing issues >_>), then after that was released arcsys made a new X2 ish story mode for GGX2^Core+ mainly to finish setting up for the actual sequel to X2, the recently released Xrd Sign.

I believe that #R has the same story mode as X2, so you can just read a summary of GG and GGX online and then start into #R without any issues
jcoa: Is this back permanently, or just for the weekend like the Nordic Games thing?
JudasIscariot: Permanently :)
Until next legal issue pops up you mean? ;-p
Post edited February 14, 2015 by Petrell
Already own these but good to see them back. It's just a shame the far superior Accent Core + never got a PC release. :/
Efren93: So, Is there even a chance of getting a port of Accent Core Plus?
Considering the newly released Guilty Gear Xrd is insultingly limited to Sony systems, i'd say no chance in hell.
Post edited February 14, 2015 by ReynardFox
Efren93: So, Is there even a chance of getting a port of Accent Core Plus?
When you see them on Steam, sure. Otherwise, no.
mrcrispy83: HERE COMES DAREDEVIL

(again)

leon30: Great news! Does this series have a continued story? I mean can I play and enjoy the story mode if I start with the second game?
mrcrispy83: weeeeeeellll broadly speaking

X2 was the first GG game with an in depth story mode, and then because most of the following games are rebalancing/iterative sequels building off of X2 (or are spinoffs like Isuka) after that there isn't really any major post X2 story advancement until Guilty Gear 2 (which isn't a fighting game and didn't feature most of the characters due to licensing issues >_>), then after that was released arcsys made a new X2 ish story mode for GGX2^Core+ mainly to finish setting up for the actual sequel to X2, the recently released Xrd Sign.

I believe that #R has the same story mode as X2, so you can just read a summary of GG and GGX online and then start into #R without any issues
I see X2 will be then. Thanks for the explanation!
Is this game suppose to be played on a controller? Because I use the keyboard and cannot pull off certain moves at all.
Gnostic: Is this game suppose to be played on a controller? Because I use the keyboard and cannot pull off certain moves at all.
It's not a very good game for keyboard. Trying to pull off Overdrives (super attacks) with a keyboard is very difficult.
Gnostic: Is this game suppose to be played on a controller? Because I use the keyboard and cannot pull off certain moves at all.
As with (almost) all fighting games, the answer is "yes". Get a gamepad or a fight stick. Even with a decent keyboard (=one that correctly registers more than two or three simultaneous inputs), you'd still have trouble with the more complicated inputs - HCF (half circle forward) is one fluid move with your thumb on a d-pad, but on a keyboard, it's five key presses and work for three fingers.
Grargar: Snip
hyperagathon: As with (almost) all fighting games, the answer is "yes". Get a gamepad or a fight stick. Even with a decent keyboard (=one that correctly registers more than two or three simultaneous inputs), you'd still have trouble with the more complicated inputs - HCF (half circle forward) is one fluid move with your thumb on a d-pad, but on a keyboard, it's five key presses and work for three fingers.
Thank you. I used gamepad in the past and it hurts my fingers, rubbing the directional pad. Maybe I am not used to it.

I can only say certain moves are easier to perform on keyboard and certain move better on gamepad. I think that Guilty Gear moves are more geared towards keypad while street fighter 4 moves are more friendly towards keyboard, though there are moves that are better with gamepad.

But now I am interested in a new type of keyboard / gamepad, Hitbox where it seems players can pull off hard to do moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1qngjVB_ks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB4g3-s3qEg
Gnostic: But now I am interested in a new type of keyboard / gamepad, Hitbox where it seems players can pull off hard to do moves
I briefly considered mentioning the Hitbox, but decided against it because even sticks are a rather specialized type of controller. I'd personally love to try one out, but they are, just like sticks, a bit too expensive for casual players. However, if you've got money to spare, I think it's a good idea - basically combines what's nice about sticks and keyboards into one package.

As for pads, my suggestion would be one with a softer d-pad, like the Logitech F series. However, it's true that a part of it is getting used to them. I mentioned this already, but I learned to use one because of this game, and eventually got a new one just for / because of fighting games. The first thing I noticed was less thumb pain :)
While I'm always intrigued by these newer fighting games - in fact, I bought GG X2 before it was first removed from GOG - I pretty much never can come to terms with their actual gameplay. My reflexes just aren't good enough to pull off some of those ridiculous button/move combos.

That's why I enjoy the simpler (and hence often) older fare among them like ye olde Mortal Kombat or Body Blows because with only a little bit of practice I can actually have decent fun with them. Yes, I actually quite enjoy the latter. So sue me! =P The newer ones just make me feel like a total loser, in comparison. Goddamn it, why must you tempt me so BlazBlue sale for only $2.50!!!