It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Classical music.

The timeless soundtracks from Baldur's Gate EE, Baldur's Gate II EE, <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span>, and Icewind Dale EE are now available for purchase, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount.

As a huge part of their undying charm, the soundtracks for these RPG classics deserve a place in every fan's playlist, even more so after getting enriched for the purposes of their Enhanced Editions.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE OST</span> includes 33 of Michael Honig's haunting themes, plus 7 new ones composed by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE OST</span>: A massive game needs a massive soundtrack. There are 66 tracks here, composed by Michael Honig, Iron Zur, and Howard Drossin for the original game and Throne of Bhaal, plus 15 new ones provided once again by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear OST</span> is made up of 21 tracks composed exclusively by Sam Hulick to accompany the story that bridges the gap between the events of the original BG and Shadows of Amn.

- <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE OST</span> brings all 51 tracks composed by the legendary Jeremy Soule for this combat-heavy entry in the Forgotten Realms saga. The main theme alone will get you battle-ready in no time.

The 66% discount will last until July 4, 1PM UTC.
Incidentally, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE</span>, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE</span>, and <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE</span> are on discount right now in our grand <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 20</span>.
Vovchigus: Let me express reasonable doubt in your words, Julius. Here is what GOG support is saying about removing original Planescape: Torment from store:
"The availability of the original game depends on the agreement we have with the publisher, and the choice was between making the original game available as bonus content, the way it is now, or not making it available at all."

Original Planescape could ruin sales of EE that's why you forced GOG to remove it from sales. And now original soundtracks can ruin sales of these new "DLC". If it is a case now with OST then my guess that it was Beamdog who forced GOG to remove them from goodies to original series as you made with Planescape.
They said publisher. Beamdog is not the publisher that's HASBRO.
hummer010: For most of the diehard BG fans, it didn't matter what Beamdog did, it was going to be wrong.
That's blinkered/head-in-the-sand logic, and wrong.
lostwolfe: i do not appreciate the way beamdog has consistently dealt with what /should/ be an audience who appreciates what you're up to, because they love these games. beamdog has - consistently - done super wonky things that keep alienating that core audience. these soundtracks?
hummer010: I would argue that the people that LOVE the original Baldur's Gate games aren't Beamdog's core audience. For most of the diehard BG fans, it didn't matter what Beamdog did, it was going to be wrong. I would argue that Beamdog's core audience are the casual BG fans, and the next generation, who haven't played BG at all.
i dunno.

i think one /can/ tread carefully and remake something so that it "exists alongside" the spirit of the original. if beamdog had made it so that these games were easier to run on a modern operating system without messing too much with the guts of the game and had charged a reasonable sum for their work, people would have been on board.

if i were in beamdog's position, i would have done something like this:

hasboro gets to keep the original game up. people who want it can get it with the understanding that it may be tricky to get going in the modern era. [straight up $10.]

beamdog makes an "updated edition" which does NOTHING but optimizes for win7/8/10/modern linuxes/modern macs. [straight up $10.]

beamdog builds on this "updated edition" and calls it the "extra stuff" edition. this has all the bonus content. [and if you've bought any of the other editions, it's "$10." if you haven't, then this will include the "updated edition" for $10 + this. of course, to get this to natively run with the original version might require a modification loader.]

yes, this does mean there's three versions, and sure, that makes "what to buy" a little daunting, but here's the thing: people INTO these games will have a very clear idea of what they want out of the game and which "edition" they'd buy.

either way the difference here is that beamdog offers choices and people are more content with beamdog and hasboro in the long run, ensuring a far longer tail for /all/ of these versions of the game.

[the long tail is something that's sadly missing from modern corporate thinking.]
Stig79: Quite right.

If this was GoG's doing they would also be selling the soundtracks for The Witcher separately. CDPR owns GoG, after all. If this was their business-model this would be a thing too.

This is Beamdog all the way.
paladin181: CDPR does not own GOG. CDP Owns GOG and CDPR. They are sister companies.

If they didn't actually have people remake the soundtracks, then what the Hell were they thinking?

"Hey, you know what will make our disgruntled audience happy? Selling them even more content we didn't do anything with!!"
So? That doesn't even argue my point. My point is still valid. How come they aren't selling the soundtracks for The Witcher separately? If they are the ones that decided to do that with BG.
Stig79: So? That doesn't even argue my point. My point is still valid. How come they aren't selling the soundtracks for The Witcher separately? If they are the ones that decided to do that with BG.
I was correcting erroneous data, not arguing your point. No need to be confrontational.
Stig79: So? That doesn't even argue my point. My point is still valid. How come they aren't selling the soundtracks for The Witcher separately? If they are the ones that decided to do that with BG.
paladin181: I was correcting erroneous data, not arguing your point. No need to be confrontational.
I was pointing out your strawman argument. No need to be confrontational.
Stig79: I was pointing out your strawman argument. No need to be confrontational.
It wasn't a straw man. I never attempted to invalidate your argument. You're reading too much into it. Your point stands quite well on it's own merit. I never claimed it didn't. Your accusation of a straw man, is, ironically enough a straw man of your own. You created an argument where there was none. Your facts were wrong, but they were ancillary to the point, therefore, your point is unhindered. I'm really out of ways to say YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT CDPR OWNING GOG. I WAS NOT ARGUING AGAINST ANY OTHER PART OF YOUR STATEMENT.
high rated
lostwolfe: i do not appreciate the way beamdog has consistently dealt with what /should/ be an audience who appreciates what you're up to, because they love these games. beamdog has - consistently - done super wonky things that keep alienating that core audience. these soundtracks?
hummer010: I would argue that the people that LOVE the original Baldur's Gate games aren't Beamdog's core audience. For most of the diehard BG fans, it didn't matter what Beamdog did, it was going to be wrong. I would argue that Beamdog's core audience are the casual BG fans, and the next generation, who haven't played BG at all.
I'd agree with all that except that diehard fans considered it doomed from the start.

I was excited when the possibility first rolled around. Once they claimed all the assets were gone I lost a lot of interest. Then BGEE came out offering nothing of merit and I lost all interest. They had the chance to redeem themselves and only went downhill from there.
lostwolfe: if beamdog had made it so that these games were easier to run on a modern operating system without messing too much with the guts of the game and...
That's exactly what they did though. Their license with Hasbro forbid them from removing or modifying original content. They fixed bugs, (sadly, adding a bunch of their own bugs). They added a handful of NPC's and some new maps associated with the NPC's. And the wrapped it all up in an updated interface. Anyone who knows the game can pretty easily avoid all of the beamdog content, and then it plays exactly the same as the original (well, BG1 is using the BG2 engine and rules, but the content is all there).

lostwolfe: ... had charged a reasonable sum for their work, people would have been on board.
I'd say they missed the mark here. It's too much money for what it is. I suspect that the license with Hasbro is part of the problem here. How much does Beamdog have to pay Hasbro per sale? I can't imagine it's insignificant, otherwise there was no incentive for Hasbro to allow the Classics to be removed from the store.
Post edited June 28, 2017 by hummer010
Blackbot: I don't care for the Enhanced Edition OSTs, but could you PLEASE finally fix the OST from the original Baldur's Gate II?
The first track is still fucked and I'm tired of writing my yearly ticket to support about that.
SpiderFighter: What trouble are you experiencing? I've just listened to it in all its 320kbs glory, and I can't find any fault with it.
The very first track is missing the very first notes. Instead of an epic "BA-DAAAA-DAMM-DAMM" it starts right with a "AAAA-DAMM-DAMM". Don't know how to describe it any better.
lostwolfe: if beamdog had made it so that these games were easier to run on a modern operating system without messing too much with the guts of the game and...
hummer010: That's exactly what they did though. Their license with Hasbro forbid them from removing or modifying original content. They fixed bugs, (sadly, adding a bunch of their own bugs). They added a handful of NPC's and some new maps associated with the NPC's. And the wrapped it all up in an updated interface. Anyone who knows the game can pretty easily avoid all of the beamdog content, and then it plays exactly the same as the original (well, BG1 is using the BG2 engine and rules, but the content is all there).
i should maybe have made this a bit more clear: in the case of "without messing too much" i literally meant: "get the game working and [at best] add a couple of qol fixes. not adding in new npc's or maps or content at all. so it's "the same game" with VERY minor tweaks and the ability to work on modern os's.

so...not really what the ee's did at all.

the "ee stuff" would have been packed into the "extra stuff edition" that i was talking about.
Post edited June 29, 2017 by lostwolfe
deleted
Vovchigus: Why Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is -50% on Steam Summer Sale and was only -20% on GOG Summer Sale? Should we take it as discrimination of GOG users?
It's more than : it could reach 66% on steam , there's a package with the whole EE Beamdog's versions + DLC + Soudtracks
(Both Baldur's Gate + Dragonspear DLC, + Icewind Dale EE, and each games / dlc have its own soundtrack in this package). This package can be completed at any time.

only Planescape Torment EE + its soundtrack is outside this package.

The only advantages there : DRM-free + Legacy versions for the Baldur's Gate games : i could understand those who prefer the Legacy versions.

The other point i mentionned GOG doesn't have this package , which also gives an advantage to Steam ....
Post edited June 30, 2017 by DyNaer
Is this GOG's fault?

(Just like everything is, including Two-Scoops Drumpf, Hitler, famine war pisstilence, and tinye)
By the way if GOG is going to sell OST more often then maybe they add optional ability to listen them via Galaxy in streaming mode without need to download them first, then unpack and store it on HDD?... It would be awesome addition to Galaxy imho and motivate to buy OSTs nore often :-)