It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Putting the plan in aeroplane.

<span class="bold">Airline Tycoon Deluxe</span>, in which you'll be the pilot of your airline's destiny, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux--DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount!

<span class="bold">Airline Tycoon Deluxe</span> is a whimsical business simulator from the golden era of the late-90's tycoon boom. It's no SimCity or Transport Tycoon in terms of complexity or authenticity - but that doesn't make it any less of a fun (and suprisingly addictive) sim. Instead, Airline Tycoon Deluxe focuses on the things that make directing a simulated airline pure joy. You'll buy and upgrade your own planes, from budget transports to luxury cruisers, plan your routes, balance your stock, and market your flights. Just keep in mind that sometimes, the ends justify the means - a little on-board food poisoning never hurt anyone. Not your passengers anyway. Buy your ticket now!

<span class="bold">Airline Tycoon Deluxe</span> is a golden oldie with native versions for Mac OS X and Linux. As an added bonus, the package here comes with the game's Windows source code for your viewing and tweaking pleasure. You sure don't see that every day.

Fly high with <span class="bold">Airline Tycoon Deluxe</span>, available now DRM-free on GOG.com! The 50% launch discount will last for one week, until Tuesday, March 31, at 10:59 AM GMT.
Ciris: Hi there, Flemtality. Just wanted to let you know that releases are planned quite a long time beforehand and the release dates are always set ahead of time in cooperation with our partners. We're sorry about the unfortunate coincidence and hope to not have offended anyone.
Just hypothetical you could have stopped the release and waited. I mean extraordinary circumstances surely would allow that, wouldn't they. I don't mind at all and I even bought the game because I think it has nothing to do with the air plane crash and I also hope not too many people are offended, but surely someone will be.
Ciris: Hi there, Flemtality. Just wanted to let you know that releases are planned quite a long time beforehand and the release dates are always set ahead of time in cooperation with our partners. We're sorry about the unfortunate coincidence and hope to not have offended anyone.
Trilarion: Just hypothetical you could have stopped the release and waited. I mean extraordinary circumstances surely would allow that, wouldn't they. I don't mind at all and I even bought the game because I think it has nothing to do with the air plane crash and I also hope not too many people are offended, but surely someone will be.
I think they actually released it minutes before the crash came in the news. I don't think they could have easily stopped it. Unfortunate chain of events which no one could possibly have forseen.
Post edited March 25, 2015 by ElTerprise
Trilarion: Just hypothetical you could have stopped the release and waited. I mean extraordinary circumstances surely would allow that, wouldn't they. I don't mind at all and I even bought the game because I think it has nothing to do with the air plane crash and I also hope not too many people are offended, but surely someone will be.
Honestly, I see no reason to stop a release like that, it's just a game, it's just entertainment and it has nothing to do with the reality! As tinyE & FlyByU said in their posts, if we start acting like that, then we should cancel everything because bad things happen all the time..
Vythonaut: Honestly, I see no reason to stop a release like that, it's just a game, it's just entertainment and it has nothing to do with the reality! As tinyE & FlyByU said in their posts, if we start acting like that, then we should cancel everything because bad things happen all the time..
I looked this up this morning; approx 3000 people die each day in automobile accidents. Would make the release of driving games a little tough. :P

Also to Flemtality, if you were just having a poke then I apologize for freaking out, and I'm sorry for insulting your avatar. While it's not an excuse you need to understand that the world is full of people dying to be offended so I tend to get a little defensive.
Dammit gog, i just blew my game money on Bloodborn, why did you have to release this today... I even resisted the 50% of SG2... Sigh... Ok, i understand, i'll buy it...

Edit: Do i need a mod or something to improve the game or "vanilla" is good?
Post edited March 25, 2015 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: Do i need a mod or something to improve the game or "vanilla" is good?
GOG's version is complete, it contains 2 add-ons: 'Evolution' and 'First class', so it provides dozens of hours of fun. You don't have to improve it, but there's lot of player-generated content in the web. Try 'vanilla' first :-)
Vythonaut: Honestly, I see no reason to stop a release like that, it's just a game, it's just entertainment and it has nothing to do with the reality! As tinyE & FlyByU said in their posts, if we start acting like that, then we should cancel everything because bad things happen all the time..
tinyE: I looked this up this morning; approx 3000 people die each day in automobile accidents. Would make the release of driving games a little tough. :P

Also to Flemtality, if you were just having a poke then I apologize for freaking out, and I'm sorry for insulting your avatar. While it's not an excuse you need to understand that the world is full of people dying to be offended so I tend to get a little defensive.
No worries mate.
Cyraxpt: Do i need a mod or something to improve the game or "vanilla" is good?
zeffyr: GOG's version is complete, it contains 2 add-ons: 'Evolution' and 'First class', so it provides dozens of hours of fun. You don't have to improve it, but there's lot of player-generated content in the web. Try 'vanilla' first :-)
Thanks for the answer, it was more in the sense of do i need a fan patch or some hd mod for it but i'll try it today to see how it runs...
zeffyr: GOG's version is complete, it contains 2 add-ons: 'Evolution' and 'First class', so it provides dozens of hours of fun. You don't have to improve it, but there's lot of player-generated content in the web. Try 'vanilla' first :-)
Cyraxpt: Thanks for the answer, it was more in the sense of do i need a fan patch or some hd mod for it but i'll try it today to see how it runs...
No patches are required. About HD mod - I don't think there is one but AT graphics aged well :-)
Instabuy for me here :) thanks GOG
"source code for your viewing and tweaking pleasure"

Well, I can view it, which is extremely nice, but tweaking is a bit difficult since it doesn't appear to include all the files required to compile it. This is slightly vexing because it means I can't fix various minor annoyances and bugs. :(

Still, having at least some source code is a good start, and has caused me to buy a third copy of this game (previously I had a copy on CD (with buggy DRM), and a copy from Desura).
jacksonmj: "source code for your viewing and tweaking pleasure"

Well, I can view it, which is extremely nice, but tweaking is a bit difficult since it doesn't appear to include all the files required to compile it. This is slightly vexing because it means I can't fix various minor annoyances and bugs. :(

Still, having at least some source code is a good start, and has caused me to buy a third copy of this game (previously I had a copy on CD (with buggy DRM), and a copy from Desura).
The one thing I know that is missing from the source code is the Smacker library from RAD Tools and that can't be distributed with the code due to licensing issues. Sorry :(
I own the physical bxed copy of Airline Tycoon Deluxe (the one that actually asks you to enter a word from the manual as copyright) and purchased a digital copy from Gamersgate. Worked flawlessly till I installed Windows 8 and the game runs extremely slow and is extremely laggy on windows 8. Nothing fixed it including the NVIDIA Graphics Processor suggested fix.

Saw this as just released on GOG and made the purchase hoping the Windows 8 bug has been fixed. Guess what? Bug still exists! Developers should focus more on fixing the unplayability factor of the game on Windows 8 (still exists on the Gamersgate and Steam version) instead of just milking fans by releasing it on different platforms saying its now compatible with Windows 8 when fact it is not and forcing fans to purchase multiple copies.
Post edited March 30, 2015 by IndianGuardian
IndianGuardian: I own the physical bxed copy of Airline Tycoon Deluxe (the one that actually asks you to enter a word from the manual as copyright) and purchased a digital copy from Gamersgate. Worked flawlessly till I installed Windows 8 and the game runs extremely slow and is extremely laggy on windows 8. Nothing fixed it including the NVIDIA Graphics Processor suggested fix.

Saw this as just released on GOG and made the purchase hoping the Windows 8 bug has been fixed. Guess what? Bug still exists! Developers should focus more on fixing the unplayability factor of the game on Windows 8 (still exists on the Gamersgate and Steam version) instead of just milking fans by releasing it on different platforms saying its now compatible with Windows 8 when fact it is not and forcing fans to purchase multiple copies.
Windows 8 is crap annyways.
Its more for mobile devices and tablets than for actual PC.
Have experienced trouble with slow responses, crashes etc to other software so it migth be a problem with the OS itself rather than the game.

Rule of thumb when it comes to windows at least thats my general experience.
Dont get all windows versions, skip one.
Example: XP was good, vista was terrible, windows 7 was great and wery stable, windows 8 has been crap so far after my own experience.
Or go linux, at least it wont cost you alot of money.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Lodium