It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Go for the bum, Dogmatix! Go for the buuuuuum!

Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 remastered is now available DRM-free, 10% off until December 6th, 2PM UTC.

Our beloved Gauls, whose only fear is having the sky fall on their heads, return in a rip-roaring action/adventure for the (p)ages. Play as both Asterix and Obelix as you hilariously tear through Caesar's amusement park Las Vegum looking for the runaway druid Getafix.
Wow, so this is a remastered version. Nice look! Thanks. :)
Looks fun, will keep an eye on it! (ok, I just had a flashback to when I bought Asterix for my NES way back in time... what a great game it was!)
I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I am not impressed by the graphics of this title...
low rated
vadalma18: Wow, so this is a remastered version. Nice look! Thanks. :)
can't recall this game was on GOG , i noticed the game on other sites or at least news the game would arrive soon, my first impression was: " this game will arrive at GOG soon , 100% sure it will :D"

Seems i was right....its good to see so many games arrive here but at the same time its also sad good old games arrive less frequently and games that do arrive are usally fpp/3pp, shooters or other good old 3d games , there is a shortage of good old 2d games ( no platformers, racing or other 3d looking stuff ofcourse there are plenty already)

Anyway, the few games i can play and like are usually HOG games and or Wadjet Eye games(or similar) that arrive sofar its tons of new games ...and yes there is the Flashback game but only because it is paired with some shiny 'remake' /'remaster' like dott was.... otherwise we would probably never see it arrive ⊙︿⊙

If they do want to add some different stuf why not get Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans ?( got it at sale at 13.99 wanted to see what the game was like, yes it has effects and flashes , most can be turned off , still it moves a lot, but in a way its part of the Bud Spencer & Terence Hill legacy, got all the (available) movies (DVD) many are not avaialable .

check screenshot : bs_&_th___slaps_.jpg
( has lots of positive reviews :D so that would be the nr 1 reason to get it here :D)
Attachments:
Post edited November 29, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Fans of the greatest comic book series of all time unite! (Well it's tied for 1st place with Tintin to be fair)
Great release gog! Definitely an unexpected surprise to see an Asterix and Obelix game released here :D

Btw, hard to believe, but Albert Uderzo is actually still going strong at 91 years of age!
vadalma18: Wow, so this is a remastered version. Nice look! Thanks. :)
gamesfreak64: can't recall this game was on GOG , i noticed the game on other sites or at least news the game would arrive soon, my first impression was: " this game will arrive at GOG soon , 100% sure it will :D"

Seems i was right....
Actually GOG release was confirmed 2 months ago. :p

Glad to finally see it here, thanks Anuman (Microids) and GOG team! :)
Looks great, but the price is way too much for me right now. Wishlisted.
gamesfreak64: can't recall this game was on GOG , i noticed the game on other sites or at least news the game would arrive soon, my first impression was: " this game will arrive at GOG soon , 100% sure it will :D"

Seems i was right....
PainOfSalvation: Actually GOG release was confirmed 2 months ago. :p

Glad to finally see it here, thanks Anuman (Microids) and GOG team! :)
aha it was ? thats funny cause i check the 'forums' on steam every day ( 2-3 times sometimes even more) ( provided Steam is up and my ISP is up)
and i havent noticed this one...
Breja: Looks great, but the price is way too much for me right now. Wishlisted.
You are right, it is quite high .... i draw the line at 25 euros for 1 game maybe 25.99 but thats it.
I got the Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans on Steam during last sale at 13.99 if i remember correctly, its part of the legacy so to speak :D thats why i got it, if GOG gets it and sells it at release also at 13.99 i buy it, this way i know for sure the game is 100% drm free( the steam game must be played online ( steam client) and thats a no for me )
Post edited November 29, 2018 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: Seems i was right....its good to see so many games arrive here but at the same time its also sad good old games arrive less frequently and games that do arrive are usally fpp/3pp, shooters or other good old 3d games , there is a shortage of good old 2d games ( no platformers, racing or other 3d looking stuff ofcourse there are plenty already)

Anyway, the few games i can play and like are usually HOG games and or Wadjet Eye games(or similar) that arrive sofar its tons of new games ...
So you can play only 2D games without flashy effects? Sorry to hear/read that.
Mafwek: I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I am not impressed by the graphics of this title...
You are not, as for the graphics they do not impress me aswell , then again i kind dislike all 3d games ( i cant play because of all the motions and stuff, even if i could i would still not buy cause imho it are rendered objects using 3d tools most of the time its re skinned , give it another color, give it fur, etc etc,)

Pixelart has my admiration, it gives the feelin they draw the characters new for every game , 3d give me the impression they render some 'naked' 'human' objects and they have default poses like sims have.... google
pose a model 3d.

check attachment: exampleof3d.jpg

i could have linked it but to make sure they did not disable linking or removed the images after cleaning up the site
i saved it and uploaded it here.

They move the joints in a 3d program, companies with big bucks can afford to have actors moving around with special suits, thus creating real to life animations.... i dont see any actor being turned into a pixel art.
Anyway thats why i do not admire 3d its to 'clean' and looks like the old action man figures.
Attachments:
Matewis: Fans of the greatest comic book series of all time unite!
P R E A C H.
For a small moment, I thought GOG was selling the comics, before I remembered that this is a gaming store. :D

But I sure would love to have a digital version of the whole comic set!
Post edited November 29, 2018 by Nicole28
Cool that it's finally here. The price seems a bit steep, although the graphical enhancements do look quite nice. Will have to wait to read some opinions on the changes to the original version.
gamesfreak64: Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans
lol
This is the first time I've heard of it and to my surprise it actually looks very good, I was really expecting the worst.