It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Set off on a harrowing journey through desolation and despair, exploring the limits of human resilience. Amnesia: Rebirth is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM! In this bone-chilling adventure game, you take the role of Tasi Trianon, a woman waking up deep in the desert of Algeria. Carefully you must retrace your steps and pull together the fragments of your shattered past to survive the horror that threatens to devour you.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Zoidberg: FIFTY GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGS!
That was almost my reaction (dreading the 50 gb download) but the actual download size is 16gb and it will take around 40 gb once installed. Maybe they are over shooting for save files and size discrepancies between operating systems?
Post edited October 20, 2020 by greyhat
kmanitou: A woman talks constantly for maximum horror, and the 60 fps lock protects you from the dangers of speeding. I guess Algeria is represented, so that's cool. I hope it's possible to remove the voice-over and focus on the text without missing too much.
i_ni: Thanks, that explains the "Rebirth" subtitle I was wandering about.
Might want to put a spoiler alert? (info not part of Announcement, for good or bad)
I thought it was in the trailer. Also you'll have to edit my quote in your comment to remove it.
It's not a bad thing per se, I just don't like games talking at me constantly.
fronzelneekburm: Has even a single forum member bought this? The Steam launch/build is apparently a complete and utter clusterfuck (missing the exe and stuff), so I'd be curious to know how the gog version fares in that regard.
Only on Steam because of the preload, I guess.
Post edited October 20, 2020 by kmanitou
fronzelneekburm: Has even a single forum member bought this? The Steam launch/build is apparently a complete and utter clusterfuck (missing the exe and stuff), so I'd be curious to know how the gog version fares in that regard.
I am downloading it right now and can post on if those issues are in the GOG version, or not, later today.
kmanitou: Only on Steam because of the preload, I guess.
Ah, yes the missing EXE is probably due to the Steam Preload. That makes sense. They usually leave that out so the game cant be played before hand and then you must have to update it to get the exe. Or so I have heard from others. I have never preloaded a game before.
Post edited October 20, 2020 by greyhat
i_ni:
kmanitou: I thought it was in the trailer. Also you'll have to edit my quote in your comment to remove it.
It's all turtles down there, your turn.
greyhat: I am downloading it right now and can post on if those issues are in the GOG version, or not, later today.
kmanitou: Only on Steam because of the preload, I guess.
greyhat: Ah, yes the missing EXE is probably due to the Steam Preload. That makes sense. They usually leave that out so the game cant be played before hand and then you must have to update it to get the exe. Or so I have heard from others. I have never preloaded a game before.
What I've experienced also included a decompression process that was quite long, maybe even longer than the download itself depending on your Internet speed.
kmanitou: I thought it was in the trailer. Also you'll have to edit my quote in your comment to remove it.
i_ni: It's all turtles down there, your turn.
Is that a Bulgarian expression?
Post edited October 20, 2020 by kmanitou
joveian: I hoped it was a sequel to Amnesia: Memories, but no it is just some horror game :(.
Amnesia The Dark Descent is a genre-changing, influential game that critics and players love alike. Amnesia Memories is just some generic Japanese VN. (No shade against Jp games, I actually tend to prefer them over most Western ones.)
It's extremely disappointing that Amnesia: Rebirth doesn't have the GOG Galaxy achievements. By now even my grandpa is able to implement them in half a day.
I don't know about the game, but the logo looks like it came from a death metal band. :P
Vythonaut: I don't know about the game, but the logo looks like it came from a death metal band. :P
Little Amorphis vibe, actually.
Vythonaut: I don't know about the game, but the logo looks like it came from a death metal band. :P
kmanitou: Little Amorphis vibe, actually.
Spot on!
joveian: I hoped it was a sequel to Amnesia: Memories, but no it is just some horror game :(.
thuey: Amnesia The Dark Descent is a genre-changing, influential game that critics and players love alike. Amnesia Memories is just some generic Japanese VN. (No shade against Jp games, I actually tend to prefer them over most Western ones.)
Dude, it's just some horror game, chill.
kmanitou: A woman talks constantly for maximum horror, and the 60 fps lock protects you from the dangers of speeding. I guess Algeria is represented, so that's cool. I hope it's possible to remove the voice-over and focus on the text without missing too much.
Remove the voiceover from your narration-oriented game, rich idea, sir.

It's fine, got no issue whatsoever.

Zoidberg: FIFTY GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGS!
greyhat: That was almost my reaction (dreading the 50 gb download) but the actual download size is 16gb and it will take around 40 gb once installed. Maybe they are over shooting for save files and size discrepancies between operating systems?
Yea, it's actually fine! :D

As for the game I played a little under 90 minutes and I'm quite into it myself.

It's just an introduction though, "monster" has just been looming for now but the mood is excellent.

Wait and see, I streamed my game (without comments) so here you go if you want to check it out (texts in French):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776528153 (starting from 3:30, I'm fiddling with the software before that).
kmanitou: Little Amorphis vibe, actually.
Vythonaut: Spot on!
I couldn't believe how good they were as a live band last year, just pure chemistry and comfort.
Zoidberg: Remove the voiceover from your narration-oriented game, rich idea, sir.
So it's a walking simulator, then? I better pass on that.
Post edited October 21, 2020 by kmanitou
Gonna pass, not into horror games, but I hope that this a worthy sequel to the other games in the franchise.
Vythonaut: Spot on!
kmanitou: I couldn't believe how good they were as a live band last year, just pure chemistry and comfort.
Zoidberg: Remove the voiceover from your narration-oriented game, rich idea, sir.
kmanitou: So it's a walking simulator, then? I better pass on that.
It's an Amnesia game FFS, can you get any thicker than that? XP